The “or” thread

Larz

10 hours ago, Lil Bit Special said:

Hot Fudge

$1000 a week for life or $2 million at once

Any one who answers $1,000 a week has no financial acumen.  One of the WORST investments in the world is an annuity and a basic no frills annuity will pay you 4 percent for life so.. $2 mil upfront, put it in an annuity and you will get $80K for life  WITH a residual balance almost guaranteed BUT the 80K is guaranteed.  An astute investor would get close to 100K a year from the 2 million and most likely leave his.her children more than $2 million. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Any one who answers $1,000 a week has no financial acumen.  One of the WORST investments in the world is an annuity and a basic no frills annuity will pay you 4 percent for life so.. $2 mil upfront, put it in an annuity and you will get $80K for life  WITH a residual balance almost guaranteed BUT the 80K is guaranteed.  An astute investor would get close to 100K a year from the 2 million and most likely leave his.her children more than $2 million. 

Very smart advice.  Personally I would take the 1k a week because I can’t be trusted with money, I would blow it in a year ?

Hendrix or Floyd?