College game day sept 26th...

Beerfish

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

If it makes you feel any better, the Gators had 28 pts at the half, scored 50.  Trask had 6 TD's.  Pitts had 4.  It was fun.

26 safeties, my friend.  That is how we will handle you guys in November.  52-50 with 26 safeties.  Or maybe 51-50; 24 safeties and a FG.  I am not worried.

Much.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JiF said:

If it makes you feel any better, the Gators had 28 pts at the half, scored 50.  Trask had 6 TD's.  Pitts had 4.  It was fun.

32 points in the second half.  Blocked punt.  Pick 6.  And our defense didn't give up 600 yards of offense.  It was fun.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Word.  Crazy Lane installed an explosive offense.  At least we’re not LSU! 

Did your offense have 4 TDs?  Our Tight end did. 

No.  Offense only had 3.  Defense had a pick 6.

At least we can both lol at LSU.  And Oklahoma.

33 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

As a kid of the 90s FSU vs Miami still piques my interest, but it really bums me out seeing how bad FSU has been the last few years.  They were always my adopted Florida team when UF, FSU and Miami were all good.

Norvell is a good coach, he just needs to find his QB because the ones he currently has are terrible.   It’s going to take a couple recruiting cycles to get things going in Tallahassee.  

6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Norvell is a good coach, he just needs to find his QB because the ones he currently has are terrible.   It’s going to take a couple recruiting cycles to get things going in Tallahassee.  

If they don't recruit some offensive linemen, its not going to matter much who is under center.  They are far away from being competitive.

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

In a way, having to move on from Herndon already would be as embarrassing as moving on from Darnold. 

Move on? He hasn’t done anything in 2 years. Can’t think that narrowly about the TE position. JD can’t be throw big dollars at him next summer. Besides we need 2 to play 12 personnel 

8 hours ago, Paradis said:

Woah. Freshman for the Cavs - Lavel Davis Jr... 6’7 205+... that’s name to keep tabs on. 

He’s a South Carolina kid, had offers from Clemson, SCar, Ga. Tech.   He picked UVA for academics and a chance to play as a true freshman.   I remember seeing him as a Jr. in high school and he was only 185 lbs, he arrived at UVA this summer and was 210 lbs already.   He’s also a really good basketball player and it shows up in his game.  I was wishing he would have went to Clemson but the WR room is pretty crowded right now so I get why he went to UVA.   

11 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Not attacking you, but this is such horse sh*t.  Does FSU have more talent than Mississippi St.?  Ole Miss? Cinci?  UCF? K. State?  100% they do.  100%, no doubt about it.  They've made terrible coaches decisions.

The Gators were 4-7 before Dan Mullen, he didnt get to bring all his recruits in, they were playing with honestly, makeshift garbage.  The OL was horrendous, he had some playmakers and a terrible QB.  Wins 10 games first season in the SEC. The excuses being made for FSU are ridiculous.  That effort last night was laughable. 

14 hours ago, Lith said:

Why is it that the two teams I root for are compeltely inept offensively.  I watch games all weekend, see teams moving the ball, putting up points, but then my two teams cannot do anything.  Down 7-5 to Arkansas at the half. 

Embarrassing.

That's easy. It's your fault :)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Not attacking you, but this is such horse sh*t.  Does FSU have more talent than Mississippi St.?  Ole Miss? Cinci?  UCF? K. State?  100% they do.  100%, no doubt about it.  They've made terrible coaches decisions.

The Gators were 4-7 before Dan Mullen, he didnt get to bring all his recruits in, they were playing with honestly, makeshift garbage.  The OL was horrendous, he had some playmakers and a terrible QB.  Wins 10 games first season in the SEC. The excuses being made for FSU are ridiculous.  That effort last night was laughable. 

He needs to change the culture in Tallahassee, it’s a s**t show down there right now.  Despite the record prior to Mullen the culture in Gainesville never reached the depths that it had at FSU.  He needs to cycle through some of his dead weight.   

16 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

He needs to change the culture in Tallahassee, it’s a s**t show down there right now.  Despite the record prior to Mullen the culture in Gainesville never reached the depths that it had at FSU.  He needs to cycle through some of his dead weight.   

Meh, maybe they werent as low (4-7 says different) as the Noles but I dont think you remember just how bad it was in Gainesville under McElwain. We had all sorts of controversy; the Will Grier situation, the credit card scandal, the picture of him hugging a shark naked on a boat, him ripping into Kelvin Taylor the sideline (the legendary Fred Taylor's son), the death threats he received in which he never provided evidence of, him threatening to leave for Oregon his 2nd season on the job and on and on and on.  It never stopped with McElwain.  He was toxic.  It was really bad and we didnt have a bunch of Alums throw into to buyout his contract the way the Noles did, we ate it. 

The excuses are overboard and turning it around in the ACC shouldnt be this hard.  He had a chance to cycle through dead weight and what did he do?  Name Jame Blackman the starter. 

16 minutes ago, JiF said:

Meh, maybe they werent as low (4-7 says different) as the Noles but I dont think you remember just how bad it was in Gainesville under McElwain. We had all sorts of controversy; the Will Grier situation, the credit card scandal, the picture of him hugging a shark naked on a boat, him ripping into Kelvin Taylor the sideline (the legendary Fred Taylor's son), the death threats he received in which he never provided evidence of, him threatening to leave for Oregon his 2nd season on the job and on and on and on.  It never stopped with McElwain.  He was toxic.  It was really bad and we didnt have a bunch of Alums throw into to buyout his contract the way the Noles did, we ate it. 

The excuses are overboard and turning it around in the ACC shouldnt be this hard.  He had a chance to cycle through dead weight and what did he do?  Name Jame Blackman the starter. 

Come on, he took over this year, how in the world did he get a chance to change culture or cycle through players.  He hasn’t even had one full recruiting cycle yet.  He named Blackman because Purdy was injured.