Jump to content
Gangrene

Covid NFL season has just kicked off in Atlanta

Recommended Posts

It took a bit longer than expected but the first in-season player positive result for Covid has happened.

The following from PFT... With Covid positive results on the uptick throughout much of the country, there are going to be more players testing positive and missing games.

 

"The Falcons’ first-round draft pick is the first player to be placed on the league’s COVID-19 reserve list this season.

A.J. Terrell, a rookie cornerback chosen with the 16th overall pick in this year’s draft, was placed on reserve/COVID-19 today. Players can be placed on the reserve list either because they test positive for COVID-19 or because they’ve been exposed to someone who tested positive.

Although several players were placed on the reserve list during training camp, Terrell is the first case since the regular season started.

On the field, the Falcons’ secondary will miss Terrell because cornerback Kendall Sheffieldand safety Ricardo Allen have both already been ruled out this week with injuries.

The Falcons have promoted cornerbacks Tyler Hall and Delrick Abrams and linebacker Edmond Robinson to the active roster for Sunday’s game against the Bears."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not surprised its Atlanta.  Watch out now for the Florida teams given that Florida is completely opened up.  

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might not make one difference to this spectacular and memorable Jets season but can you imagine Russel Wilson testing positive in the by week after the NFC championship game?

Geno being unfollowed by Jamal on Instagram after he throws 3 interceptions in the SuperBowl?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of your thoughts on COVID and where we stand currently, a player testing positive puts him out of commission for a longer time than most minor injuries do.

Jaguars RB Ryquell Armstead tested positive before the season started back in the Aug 30-Sep 5 testing timeframe.  4 weeks later and there has been no word on when he might return.  

Other positive tests during that period include:  Saints RB Dwayne Washington, who came off the list for Week 2 after 18 days on the COVID list; 49ers' LB Fred Warner and Panthers G Chris Reed are returning to the field this week.

So any player who tests positive in the regular season can likely anticipate missing at least 3 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember there were many COVID cases in the NFL a couple months ago and then it came out that the tests on players were actually negative. I wouldn't be shocked if it happens again. It's real but definitely overhyped 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Regardless of your thoughts on COVID and where we stand currently, a player testing positive puts him out of commission for a longer time than most minor injuries do.

Jaguars RB Ryquell Armstead tested positive before the season started back in the Aug 30-Sep 5 testing timeframe.  4 weeks later and there has been no word on when he might return.  

Other positive tests during that period include:  Saints RB Dwayne Washington, who came off the list for Week 2 after 18 days on the COVID list; 49ers' LB Fred Warner and Panthers G Chris Reed are returning to the field this week.

So any player who tests positive in the regular season can likely anticipate missing at least 3 games.

So a hamstring injury

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they shut down the league for a month we can get healthy.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s all the Jets can hope for at this point. Saved by Covid!! Until next year when the season is over after week 1 again.🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, varjet said:

Not surprised its Atlanta.  Watch out now for the Florida teams given that Florida is completely opened up.  

Just wait 2 weeks and then another 2 weeks after that and that is where we’ll really see things spiking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no.  Imagine having to shut down what is sure to be one of the most memorable seasons of Jets football we've ever witnessed.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling our "hamstrings" are covid anyway. 

HowTF else do you have this many WRs injured? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I was on the Falcons, I'd get covid too. Surprised Jets players aren't having Covid "Immunity" parties to get out of this mess, but I guess saying their hamstring feels tight is already working so there isn't a need

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Oh no.  Imagine having to shut down what is sure to be one of the most memorable seasons of Jets football we've ever witnessed.

What'll happen is we'll finally be in position to pick # 1 overall, then the season will get cancelled just before it can be deemed "official" and we'll be handed the 6th pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Regardless of your thoughts on COVID and where we stand currently, a player testing positive puts him out of commission for a longer time than most minor injuries do.

Jaguars RB Ryquell Armstead tested positive before the season started back in the Aug 30-Sep 5 testing timeframe.  4 weeks later and there has been no word on when he might return.  

Other positive tests during that period include:  Saints RB Dwayne Washington, who came off the list for Week 2 after 18 days on the COVID list; 49ers' LB Fred Warner and Panthers G Chris Reed are returning to the field this week.

So any player who tests positive in the regular season can likely anticipate missing at least 3 games.

Armstead tested positive twice

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jet25 said:

I remember there were many COVID cases in the NFL a couple months ago and then it came out that the tests on players were actually negative. I wouldn't be shocked if it happens again. It's real but definitely overhyped 

200,000 people say different but this forum isn't about that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...