Shawshank and the Jets

TokyoJetsFan

9 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Made my teens watch this classic with me last night.  We have been watching some of my favorite movies they haven't seen on weekends since the lock down started. Some lessons to be learned here as a Jets fan...

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies: Sam needs a fresh start someplace else and we need a franchise QB.  I hope the Pacific is as blue and Trevor Lawrences hair is as blonde as it has been in my dreams. 

I find I’m so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it’s the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain.: I'll feel this way watching the Jets O after we hire an innovative coach in the off season with an exciting offensive playbook not running bubble screens on 3rd and 15. 

I was in the path of the tornado. I just didn’t expect the storm would last as long as it has.: My first game I went to in person was a horrible game in freezing weather at Shea on 12/14/80.  The 3-11 Richard Todd Jets vs 0-4 Archie Manning Saints.  Yeah ...the Saints would win their only game that day.  Guess it's my own fault for sticking with the team after that.

Anyway don't give up Jets fans. We will open up that little hotel right on the beach someday.  

On the other hand Andy Dufresne had enough after 19 years and I'm on my 40th season.  Now I'm depressed again. Ignore my post above. Fck this team.

35588144-C0A3-413B-98EF-11A8BA544D5D.gif

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

“There’s not a day  goes by I don’t feel regret. Not because I’m a Jets fan, or because you think I should be one. I look back on the way I was then: a young, stupid kid who was looking for a team to support. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can’t. That kid’s long gone and this old man is all that’s left. I got to live with that. Rehabilitated? It’s just a bullsh*t word. So you can go and stamp your form, Sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don’t give a sh*t.”

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Made my teens watch this classic with me last night.  We have been watching some of my favorite movies they haven't seen on weekends since the lock down started. Some lessons to be learned here as a Jets fan...

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies: Sam needs a fresh start someplace else and we need a franchise QB.  I hope the Pacific is as blue and Trevor Lawrences hair is as blonde as it has been in my dreams. 

I find I’m so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it’s the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain.: I'll feel this way watching the Jets O after we hire an innovative coach in the off season with an exciting offensive playbook not running bubble screens on 3rd and 15. 

I was in the path of the tornado. I just didn’t expect the storm would last as long as it has.: My first game I went to in person was a horrible game in freezing weather at Shea on 12/14/80.  The 3-11 Richard Todd Jets vs 0-4 Archie Manning Saints.  Yeah ...the Saints would win their only game that day.  Guess it's my own fault for sticking with the team after that.

Anyway don't give up Jets fans. We will open up that little hotel right on the beach someday.  

On the other hand Andy Dufresne had enough after 19 years and I'm on my 40th season.  Now I'm depressed again. Ignore my post above. Fck this team.

You’re being obtuse.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

We watched Wrath of Khan last night, and Empire Strikes Back on Friday at theater.

Lesson learned? Victory and Defeat both require sacrifice. 

#SacrificeGase

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

"Get busy living or get busy watching the Jets"

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Beerfish said:

“There’s not a day  goes by I don’t feel regret. Not because I’m a Jets fan, or because you think I should be one. I look back on the way I was then: a young, stupid kid who was looking for a team to support. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can’t. That kid’s long gone and this old man is all that’s left. I got to live with that. Rehabilitated? It’s just a bullsh*t word. So you can go and stamp your form, Sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don’t give a sh*t.”

Bravo!

J6tX.gif