Greggggg with some sly Gase shade re: practices

T0mShane

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

gasehate.jpg

Question:  Is that your dad's counterfeit Fitzpatrick jersey or did you buy it yourself?

SAR I

All the authentic Jets jerseys I bought over the years are sitting in that bucket in the garage I use to wash my cars because the names on the backs of them have all busted 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

It's awful hard when your Offense is the worst in the NFL, never scores, and leaves you on the field more than any other Defense in the NFL.

True, but how does that explain the 80-yard TD run by Mostert 17 seconds into the game?

The offense is an abomination, but the defense has been terrible too, independent of what the offense is doing.

Gase and Gregg need to go.  Its Jim Bob Cooter time.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

True, but how does that explain the 80-yard TD run by Mostert 17 seconds into the game?

The offense is an abomination, but the defense has been terrible too, independent of what the offense is doing.

We need to surround Williams with a good HC to evaluate the defense properly 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ghost420 said:

The defense is full of sh*tty players 

Yes but it was last year also.  Williams set the bar fairly high.  I was expecting about an average defensive performance thru 2 weeks.  Instead we're # 22 against the pass per DVOA and only 10 teams have allowed more points than we have.

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes but it was last year also.  Williams set the bar fairly high.  I was expecting about an average defensive performance thru 2 weeks.  Instead we're # 22 against the pass per DVOA and only 10 teams have allowed more points than we have.

If Williams can’t deliver a good defense despite it being on the field 45 minutes a game then obviously he deserves all the blame here 

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Hypothetically, if Gase is relieved of his duties and Gregg Williams is elevated to interim HC, who becomes the OC?  Jim Bob Cooter?  Don't tell me they keep Dowell Loggains around!!

The NFL is no place for Dowell Loggains, I feel the man was born to work the McDonalds drive thru.

"I love them to death." I love them to death? What the frig. That means either Gregg Williams hates them, is dating them, they're a luscious dessert at a top shelf restaurant, or it's some weird serial killer in the making thing where he's fighting urges to suffocate them with a plastic Stop & Shop bag. Somebody call me when they sort it out. OK, bye.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

correct. 

The worst thing this franchise could do is turn the reigns over to Williams.

He’s just mediocre enough to win a few meaningless games and cost this team 6-8 draft spots. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

....and if Adam Gase said something similar, he'd be accused by The Outraged as "not taking accountability" and "making excuses".

How about after a tough loss two defensive players said something marginally controversial, it's been blown up by the clickbait media, and taken like a thick warm spray to the face by thirsty Eeyore's who are loving every SOJF moment of this season gone wrong.

SAR I

tenor.gif.17fcb23b3aea0066bfa44090afb71662.gif

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Note that Greggg 1. Protects the credibility of the messengers, 2. States that the alleged practice problems aren’t on the defensive side of the ball, 3. Asserts his track record of intensity and accountability, and 4. Implies that some mysterious entity on the team is only practicing at fractional speeds. 

It’s happening, fokls.

Spelled Fukels wrong.

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

It's awful hard when your Offense is the worst in the NFL, never scores, and leaves you on the field more than any other Defense in the NFL.

To overcome our offense, we'd have to have the #1 or #2 ranked Defense.  We don't have that kind of roster.

Till our O gets out of the cellar, it really doesn't matter how good or how hard practicing our D is, they're not going to hold every opponent below 12 points every week.

wtf are you on about....the d gave up three tds in the first half of both games....

and i am notdefendingthe o or gase ordarnold whatsoever.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I'd hate to see how many points a Gregg williams defense would give up if they didn't practice as hard as he is suggesting.

Couldn't stop Josh Allen week 1 then struggled to stop backup QB, RBs, TEs and WRs week 2.

IMO the LBs have been the fatal flaw in our defense in both games, well not scoring points either but specifically on the defense. Mosley, Williamson, Peanut and Cashman all out leaving Hewett to spy Allen week 1 and then Ogltree gave up the 80 yard TD and the 55 yard run on 3rd and 31.

18 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

IMO the LBs have been the fatal flaw in our defense in both games, well not scoring points either but specifically on the defense. Mosley, Williamson, Peanut and Cashman all out leaving Hewett to spy Allen week 1 and then Ogltree gave up the 80 yard TD and the 55 yard run on 3rd and 31.

yes. and desir who hadnt prcaticed. we are trotting out guys who barely made thenfl.

• Upvote 1

I'd hate to see how many points a Gregg williams defense would give up if they didn't practice as hard as he is suggesting.
Couldn't stop Josh Allen week 1 then struggled to stop backup QB, RBs, TEs and WRs week 2.
To be fair on this point his best playmaker has like 3 career sacks and his second best playmaker hid in Jamal Adams shadow when he wasn't on the ir? Not defending the lack of effort on the field out there but when you play a team of mostly second string guys you kind of expect starters to embarrass them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Note that Greggg 1. Protects the credibility of the messengers, 2. States that the alleged practice problems aren’t on the defensive side of the ball, 3. Asserts his track record of intensity and accountability, and 4. Implies that some mysterious entity on the team is only practicing at fractional speeds. 

It’s happening, fokls.

What happened to you?

16 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Really? You've watched this defense the last two weeks and concluded that the problem is the offense? Okie dokie

Yes, rather obviously in fact.

Let me remind you, the Jets Offense is currently ranked 31st in points scored, 31st in Time of Possession and dead last, 32nd, in Yards Gained.  

As noted, to overcome this historic level of Offensive deficiency, the Jets Defense would have be be performing at a level equal to that of the current NFL #1 or #2 Defenses.

They're never going to be good enough with this roster in 2020 to overcome our putrid Offense.  The D is currently ranked 24th in points allowed and 20th in yards allowed.  Materially better than our Offense, but not even close to the #1/#2 level it would need to be to make up or hold out enough for our Offense to win games with it's ~12 points per game so far.

And again, a bad Defense generally leads to a 'better' Offense (production wise) as they try to throw more in bigger chunks and score more in shootout type games. 

A bad Offense almost universally leads to a worse Defense, as they're stuck on the field more (time of possession difference noted above), get less rest between possessions, have more possessions to defend against, and start risking more to try to get turnovers trying to make up for the lack of Offensive scoring.

TLDR:  Our Defense is unquestionably bad.  Our Offense is historically bad. 

So yes, the overall status of our team is mostly due to our Offense.  It's hard to see how anyone could think otherwise, honestly, given the pretty obvious facts at hand.  Unless, of course, they prefer "feel" to facts...

• Upvote 1