Can't bring myself to bet against the Jets

AFJF

33 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I avoid being in a position to root against my team.

I won't be rooting for them to lose.  That's something entirely different.  I'll be rooting for them to win despite knowing they won't find the end zone.  Two different things.

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

But I can sure as hell put money on them not scoring a touchdown and still root for a 3-0 win, or a 21-20 win.  Field goals only.  They're not getting in the end zone tomorrow.

You think they score 21 on what is currently ranked as one of the best defenses? Hey buddy, I'll take that bet...how much money do you have?

28 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

You think they score 21 on what is currently ranked as one of the best defenses? Hey buddy, I'll take that bet...how much money do you have?

You miss the part where I said they might score 3?  Just throwing out multiples of 3 (field goals).

2 hours ago, Mo Lew said:

I very rarely bet against the Jets but last week was easy pickings. 

I actually think we keep it close this week with a heavy dose of running. 

If we can stop the run and force Rivers to throw - you know he is good for at least one dumb interception per game, so yeah, I'm sure we'll lose, not so sure Indy covers tho.

14 minutes ago, deucebag said:

If we can stop the run and force Rivers to throw - you know he is good for at least one dumb interception per game, so yeah, I'm sure we'll lose, not so sure Indy covers tho.

Rivers is going to go bazoink this week on us. 370, 4TD, 0INT. Would be more but he’ll be resting 5:00 into Q4

• Upvote 1

Can't bring myself to watch the Jets either. Oh, BET, you said bet against the Jets. The hearing is goin' in the left ear, I apologize. Speaking of which I'm left-handed, right? Heh. So anyway, I'm left-handed and when I pick up the phone or I talk on the phone I put the goddamn phone to my left ear because again, I'm left handed. Ya follow me so far? Well, like I said, I can't hear too well in my left ear but I still put the phone there, I persist, because it's a neurological habit, goddamn it, because I'm freaking left-handed. "Put the phone to your right ear, for crying out loud!" "Fck you, you do it." "I AM doing it, ya deaf bastard." "Why does life suck so much?"

48 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Can't bring myself to watch the Jets either. Oh, BET, you said bet against the Jets. The hearing is goin' in the left ear, I apologize. Speaking of which I'm left-handed, right? Heh. So anyway, I'm left-handed and when I pick up the phone or I talk on the phone I put the goddamn phone to my left ear because again, I'm left handed. Ya follow me so far? Well, like I said, I can't hear too well in my left ear but I still put the phone there, I persist, because it's a neurological habit, goddamn it, because I'm freaking left-handed. "Put the phone to your right ear, for crying out loud!" "Fck you, you do it." "I AM doing it, ya deaf bastard." "Why does life suck so much?"

So, I took my kids to the pool today and there was a group of 20 something girls in the pool laughing and getting white girl wasted on white claws, ironically listening to 1990s music. Before I could say anything, my 11 year old was like,  "Well, hey whats up ladies!", and they all loved it. Next thing I know, some 25 year old blond in a bikini (pretty girl, decent body - like I'm one to talk), is offering me a beer and saying she would love to shake her ass for me, and precedes to do so in the shallow end of the pool.....

Wait, what were we talking about?

Anyway, yeah.

13 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

So, I took my kids to the pool today and there was a group of 20 something girls in the pool laughing and getting white girl wasted on white claws, ironically listening to 1990s music. Before I could say anything, my 11 year old was like,  "Well, hey whats up ladies!", and they all loved it. Next thing I know, some 25 year old blond in a bikini (pretty girl, decent body - like I'm one to talk), is offering me a beer and saying she would love to shake her ass for me, and precedes to do so in the shallow end of the pool.....

Wait, what were we talking about?

Anyway, yeah.

Tangential thinking always makes sense tangentially. That's why everything has to do with the price of milk. Everything.

• Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

I avoid being in a position to root against my team.

Rooting for the first overall pick doesn’t mean we are rooting against the team. But knowing our luck, Trevor won’t come out or miraculously break his arm opening his car door, we draft the next Jamarcus Russel.