### JETS at COLTS ### The official game thread

Larz

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, jetlaw said:

Douglas needs to take some blame too. Horrible roster. Horrible draft class. Pathetic all around.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He gets a short leash as he should. He’s done some good things, bad things and has had back luck with injuries. It has to be taken into account that he has a horrible head coach and stepped into by far the worst roster situation that the NFL has probably ever seen.

We should know all that we need to know about Joe Douglas after 2 FA offseasons and draft classes. Especially considering we’ll have a different coach next year. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I believe in management's plan to get a HC and a GM in sync and rebuild.

Do I know if we have the right HC and GM?  No.  But can we decide that right now when Gase is cripped with injuries and Douglas is in his first year?  No.

So we give Gase and Douglas the benefit of the doubt and we see what we look like later in the season when the injuries heal and next offseason when we have another draft and FA period.  I don't see how firing Gase accomplishes anything.

SAR I

The sad, sad world of SORE I

Oy Vey.GIF

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

How can they not fire him after this game?? If they don't, the Jets will win Thursday night and it'll save his job.  Guaranteed

I feel pretty confident his job was saved before the season started. I think the Johnson's gave him a reprieve. 

Just now, Wonderboy said:

Oh nice .0001 seconds before DT on him and Sam hit the fan in the stands and he caught it. Nice

Start him at TE

• Haha 1

Currently constructed, who can this Jets team BEAT!? I don't see an easy win against any team in the league tbh Listen if they are gonna be s*** this year , I rather them go full nuclear.  Best case scenario in no particular order:  win 1 game, trade any assets you can, play the young guys, fire gase, ransom Sam at the draft for whatever you can, roll over cap.

That's all I've got everyone, I'm sure someone can come up with something more detailed and thoughtful.  I just don't want these bums to squeak out 5-6 wins 

• Upvote 1