Larz

### JETS at COLTS ### The official game thread

12 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Becton opted out!!!!!

So have I.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Mike Maccagnan was the worst GM in NFL history, and the way he tried to build the team out of the gates, combined with awful drafting, led us directly to the mess we're in now.

That's your f**kin counter argument.

Mike Macagnans first overall draft pick had more total snaps in his first 3 games than JDs entire first draft class. 

Come at me. 

go back to the series oftweets i posted...

all the issues he had @  USC are still here...      bad reads, bad footwork... etc...

at least our MD didn't puncture his lung

• Upvote 1

Darnold has missed easy throws and made bad decisions this game. Gase is not free of blame, but Darnold is not playing good. I don't care about the touchdown. It should be at least 10-17 right now. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

I’ve been a huge Sam supporter. He is now one of the worst starting QBs in the league solely because of Adam Gase. 

He has ruined him. It’s crazy. 

You have to at least be impressed with this organization’s ability to be a complete black hole and devour/destroy EVERYTHING. It’s insane and we are far and away #1 at that. Imagine what we would have done to Mahomes? There is no talent strong enough to resist the destructive power of the Jets.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

I’ve been a huge Sam supporter. He is now one of the worst starting QBs in the league solely because of Adam Gase. 

He has ruined him. It’s crazy. 

Gase bears some of the responsibility.   But Darnold is bad all on his own.   Like another USC bum Sanchez, Darnold did not play enough games in college, 

• Upvote 3

Whether it's because Sam just isn't good (which I called way back when), or because he has Maccagnan's stink on him, we need a new QB.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

And you've said the thing you love about Gase is that he coaches the whole team.

Let's just cut to the chase:

The roster is bad and it's been decimated by injuries.  Eventually you can't win a race with a three-legged horse no matter how hard you try, so you stop blaming the jockey and you go and get a better horse.

SAR I

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

This team essentially has what looks like a LT and nothing else.  Injuries or not it is amazing the utter lack of talent on this team at every position.

I'll triple down on my assertion though that drafting Trevor Lawrence next year would be a big mistake.  This team has to build talent elsewhere before bringing in another sacrificial QB.

Edoga has been playing much better than Fant. So we have that.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

You're even more confused. I'm not sure how to help. He's been dominant at his position.. a premium position. 

But if we are losing with him it clearly isnt a premium position. If he is dominant and we are worse than last season, what difference is he actually making to our team?

Almost like this "logic" makes 0 sense.

4 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Losing this game because of Darnold.

It’s more than just Darnold! It’s this coaching staff, having no playmakers on offense and the defense can’t stop a thing and blows coverage so often. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Costco?

It’s hell on earth till they start giving out free samples again. 

9 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I was told we need to to judge players solely by wins and losses as a team. 

Funny how nobody wants to use that narrative now that he is on a better team.

The Seahawks are dead last in yards allowed through 2 weeks and have the worst defense against the pass in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1

Darnold MIGHT not be our QB of the future, but it's painfully obvious to anyone with a pulse that Gase is definitely NOT the future HC of the Jets.  Step 1 to unravelling this ******* mess is to get rid of Gase.  It ain't rocket science.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Alentador31 said:

Darnold has missed easy throws and made bad decisions this game. Gase is not free of , but Darnold is not playing good. I don't care about the touchdown. It should be at least 10-17 right now. 

the whole "ruin Sam" is such a load of flaming garbage

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's what you all told me last year, remember?  Gregg got all the credit for everything on the defense, so he's getting all the discredit for it this year.

Fair is fair, bro.

SAR I

You blamed essentially all of the jets offense woes on luke falk last year and bleated about how great we were once the started got back.  Your coaching hero is the worst coach in the league.  Keep pulling excuses out of your ass though.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Any QB worth anything makes a better throw on the wide open TE.

Agreed.   Totally.   Darnold is inaccurate.   But Herndon stilll needs to make that catch.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SAR I said:

The roster is bad and it's been decimated by injuries.  Eventually you can't win a race with a three-legged horse no matter how hard you try, so you stop blaming the jockey and you go and get a better horse.

SAR I

Undoubtedly, but a good HC elevates a roster.  Tomlin did with Pittsburgh last year.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Any TE worth anything makes that catch.  Problem is that Herndon is a POS who should never have been drafted.  

Herndon IV is just a bad version. Should have just kept the vintage issue. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, SAR I said:

SAR I

I’d say send the jockey and the horse to the glue factory 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

This is the worst team the jets have fielded and that is saying a lot. Stunningly bad on offense and defense. 1st overall is nearly a lock. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, K Clue said:

It’s more than just Darnold! It’s this coaching staff, the lack of playmakers on offense and the defense can’t stop a thing and blows coverage so often. 

He is missing wide open receivers all game and he's made 2 terrible decisions that were turnovers. The receivers are open, he's just not making the throws as often as he should be. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Gregg Williams looking like a head coach right now.

SAR I

My man I think we can agree on one thing we are both tire of losing. If anything the Jets Fans no what misery is like constantly. Just hope it changes before I die.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

7 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Dude, get your head out of your ass already. It's it so Gases fault? No.  But he's the HC and this team looks unprepared top to bottom. The first two games were the worst offensive performances since Brooks Bollinger was the QB. That's directly on Gase. Gases #1 responsibility when he was hired was to make sure Darnold progressed and he has utterly failed at that. In sure you'll deny that bc you're in love with the googly eye freak but anybody whose not in love with Gase can see that. 

I agree with you but at what point do we mention the common denominator... Ownership? I personally would be more inclined to fly a plane with "johnson's sell the team" to send a broader message than to fire Gase who, I will admit, is not who I thought he was and is probably trash.

9 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

So far me too and I remember the Kotite years. 

Me to, 38 years a Jets fan man.

19 minutes ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

If you think Jackson would be nearly as good here you're kidding yourself. Better than Sam, sure.

You’re right.  Coming to the Jets is just something no player should want to do.

Josh Allen looks outstanding now I have to admit.  If he were drafted instead of Darnold by the Jets he’d be close to being out of the league.  The “talent” is always horrific but so is most of the coaching.

The Jets are just a place to go to score that last paycheck when the rest of the league is hip that you’re done and maybe even the Jets know too but they are forced to take “Sloppy 32nds” time and time again...because no one wants to work or play for the Johnsons...unless they have to.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, RobR said:

Edoga has been playing much better than Fant. So we have that.

Eh? He's been roasted at least three times, including on Sam's second pick. He's atrocious.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I theorize Sam threw the 2nd INT because he wants Gase fired.

100%

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Undoubtedly, but a good HC elevates a roster.  Tomlin did with Pittsburgh last year.

To 1 game better than the 7-9 Adam Gase New York Jets?

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

Eh? He's been roasted at least three times, including on Sam's second pick. He's atrocious.

Did you watch Fant?

1 minute ago, fullblast said:

Jets defense is allowing 76.5% completion to QBs through 2 1/2 games.

Gases fault