### JETS at COLTS ### The official game thread

Larz

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just because not everything is Sam's fault doesn't mean he hasn't had a dogsh*t game.

Griffin catches that pass and converts a 1st down.  Great!  But what will Darnold do to f**k up the drive in a subsequent play?  That's the kind of QB we have.

The 2 picks are on darnold bad throw and bad decision but come on his supporting cast is an absolute dumpster fire. Make the catch so we can actually say “great!” He’s throwing to guys named Malone and Cager as his top two targets. Playing with 2 backup tackles, and Herndon and Griffen who are supposed to be his safety blankets literally have multiple drops. You can’t disregard a bad supporting cast because darnold might **** it up later. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

The 2 picks are on darnold bad throw and bad decision but come on his supporting cast is an absolute dumpster fire. Make the catch so we can actually say “great!” He’s throwing to guys named Malone and Cager as his top two targets. Playing with 2 backup tackles, and Herndon and Griffen who are supposed to be his safety blankets literally have multiple drops. You can’t disregard a bad supporting cast because darnold might **** it up later. 

Not disregarding it.  Only saying Darnold has played terribly, independent of that. 

I don't expect the team to win.  But anyone who thinks Darnold is a good QB should at least expect the team to compete with him under center.  They haven't for 3 straight weeks and for most of his 29 starts to date.  Days like these are a big reason why.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I believe in management's plan to get a HC and a GM in sync and rebuild.

Do I know if we have the right HC and GM?  No.  But can we decide that right now when Gase is cripped with injuries and Douglas is in his first year?  No.

So we give Gase and Douglas the benefit of the doubt and we see what we look like later in the season when the injuries heal and next offseason when we have another draft and FA period.  I don't see how firing Gase accomplishes anything.

SAR I

I wouldn't fire Gase in season. I feel terrible for Sam because he is absolutely ruining him. But he's on track to replace him with Trevor and hand the reigns over to a new coach next year

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not disregarding it.  Only saying Darnold has played terribly, independent of that. 

I don't expect the team to win.  But anyone who thinks Darnold is a good QB should at least expect the team to compete with him under center.  They haven't for 3 straight weeks and for most of his career.  Days like these are a big reason why.

People are really confused how much water a "bad supporting cast" excuse can carry.

There is simply no substitute for good performance. It can not be hypothesized, assumed, or imagined. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Maxman said:

I wouldn't fire Gase in season. I feel terrible for Sam because he is absolutely ruining him. But he's on track to replace him with Trevor and hand the reigns over to a new coach next year

I feel terrible for us having to watch Darnold waiver between terrible and delightful.

4 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Kotite’s teams competed even in losses. This team is getting to doors blown off. It’s just not anywhere near competitive.

Thats a good thing. Gase is so close to being fired.  The players want it. And the fans want it.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't expect the team to win.  But anyone who thinks Darnold is a good QB should at least expect the team to compete with him under center.  They haven't for 3 straight weeks and for most of his 29 starts to date.  Days like these are a big reason why.

Ryan Tanehill says hi.

It's really a non-issue because Gase is riding this team to Trevor Lawrence. Sam is playing bad. so much wrong with the team there's no defending Sam right now. but that being said damn could they put a young quarterback in a worse spot.

As I'm typing this he threw another pick six.

• Upvote 1