Jump to content
Larz

### JETS at COLTS ### The official game thread

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Lawrence cager has been decent today

NYJets: where 2 catches gets you a “decent” label. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

Why are they running with Gore

Gotta establish that run game, bro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gase is the best in the league at running out the clock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this team is embarrasingly low on talent.  I am not sure ive seen a less talented team take an NFL field that wasn't actively trying to tank.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I was around for 1996. I went to games that year. 

 

Kotites 1996 Jets were more fun to watch. 

Kotite’s teams competed even in losses. This team is getting to doors blown off. It’s just not anywhere near competitive.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just because not everything is Sam's fault doesn't mean he hasn't had a dogsh*t game.

Griffin catches that pass and converts a 1st down.  Great!  But what will Darnold do to f**k up the drive in a subsequent play?  That's the kind of QB we have.

The 2 picks are on darnold bad throw and bad decision but come on his supporting cast is an absolute dumpster fire. Make the catch so we can actually say “great!” He’s throwing to guys named Malone and Cager as his top two targets. Playing with 2 backup tackles, and Herndon and Griffen who are supposed to be his safety blankets literally have multiple drops. You can’t disregard a bad supporting cast because darnold might **** it up later. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Hiring Gase was the mistake.   YES MEN in need of money work for the Johnsons.  REAL a football 

Belichick knew what he was doing when he quit.

  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yocousinvinny said:

Put in the second team to evaluate already... Everyone and their mother knows our season is sh*t.

This is the 2nd team 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

The 2 picks are on darnold bad throw and bad decision but come on his supporting cast is an absolute dumpster fire. Make the catch so we can actually say “great!” He’s throwing to guys named Malone and Cager as his top two targets. Playing with 2 backup tackles, and Herndon and Griffen who are supposed to be his safety blankets literally have multiple drops. You can’t disregard a bad supporting cast because darnold might **** it up later. 

Not disregarding it.  Only saying Darnold has played terribly, independent of that. 

I don't expect the team to win.  But anyone who thinks Darnold is a good QB should at least expect the team to compete with him under center.  They haven't for 3 straight weeks and for most of his 29 starts to date.  Days like these are a big reason why.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Add me, please

Me too, I know I’m “On the list” 😁

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, yocousinvinny said:

Put in the second team to evaluate already... Everyone and their mother knows our season is sh*t.

This is the second team

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I believe in management's plan to get a HC and a GM in sync and rebuild.

Do I know if we have the right HC and GM?  No.  But can we decide that right now when Gase is cripped with injuries and Douglas is in his first year?  No.

So we give Gase and Douglas the benefit of the doubt and we see what we look like later in the season when the injuries heal and next offseason when we have another draft and FA period.  I don't see how firing Gase accomplishes anything.

SAR I

I wouldn't fire Gase in season. I feel terrible for Sam because he is absolutely ruining him. But he's on track to replace him with Trevor and hand the reigns over to a new coach next year

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

NYJets: where 2 catches gets you a “decent” label. 

The bar is subterranean low. Wine cellar low. Catacombs low. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

Me too, I know I’m “On the list” 😁

Unlike Aria he will not kill you

Just troll and bore you to death 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

The bar is subterranean low. Wine cellar low. Catacombs low. 

Earth's core low. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not disregarding it.  Only saying Darnold has played terribly, independent of that. 

I don't expect the team to win.  But anyone who thinks Darnold is a good QB should at least expect the team to compete with him under center.  They haven't for 3 straight weeks and for most of his career.  Days like these are a big reason why.

People are really confused how much water a "bad supporting cast" excuse can carry.

There is simply no substitute for good performance. It can not be hypothesized, assumed, or imagined. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Maxman said:

I wouldn't fire Gase in season. I feel terrible for Sam because he is absolutely ruining him. But he's on track to replace him with Trevor and hand the reigns over to a new coach next year

I feel terrible for us having to watch Darnold waiver between terrible and delightful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Kotite’s teams competed even in losses. This team is getting to doors blown off. It’s just not anywhere near competitive.

Thats a good thing. Gase is so close to being fired.  The players want it. And the fans want it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not disregarding it.  Only saying Darnold has played terribly, independent of that. 

I don't expect the team to win.  But anyone who thinks Darnold is a good QB should at least expect the team to compete with him under center.  They haven't for 3 straight weeks and for most of his 29 starts to date.  Days like these are a big reason why.

Ryan Tanehill says hi.

It's really a non-issue because Gase is riding this team to Trevor Lawrence. Sam is playing bad. so much wrong with the team there's no defending Sam right now. but that being said damn could they put a young quarterback in a worse spot.

As I'm typing this he threw another pick six.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...