### JETS at COLTS ### The official game thread

Larz

5 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

This is MADDENING! I don't care if you're losing by 5 or 50, and I don't care how bad your personnel is,  you cannot run on 2nd and 27 and then throw a screen on 3rd and 23.  This is the sign of an incompetent and scared coach.  This team is non competitive for the 3rd straight week and if this ****!ing clown doesn't get fired after this game, this franchise is forever doomed as long as the Johnsons own the team.

Gase

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Thursday night comes up pretty fast. They might keep Gase until after that game. I’m so tired of this I can’t even get frustrated anymore. This is really laughable. I’m still a Jets fan though. I love the punishment. Plus with TVs. So cheap now I can literally shoot a player and do target practice at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It took Tannehill 8 years to be worth anything.  And for every Tannehill, there are plenty of Sanchez's and Geno Smith's who never become anything.

The point is adam isn't developing anybody. Sam has talent. Unfortunately he is regressing and that statement is soon becoming had talent.

There's no quarterback that would excel in this situation. It's sad. People can blame Sam but the point remains the problem here is much bigger.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It took Tannehill 8 years to be worth anything.  And for every Tannehill, there are plenty of Sanchez's and Geno Smith's who never become anything.

Oh and Tanny kept getting hurt under gase. Why do his player ways get hurt?

• Upvote 2

Darnold has been awful today but despite what the naysayers might say, he is still the 2nd youngest QB in the league and he still has a less than college level roster and all time bad coach behind him. Gase needs to go and the roster needs an almost complete overall before we can write off Darnold for good. Not sure if he'll ever get a fair shot under the current circumstances though.  The team is so bad that the team is likely not going to commit to a 5th year option and a 100 million dollar extension for Darnold if the team is still years away from being a consistent  playoff contender.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I blame Joe Douglas and I blame Adam Gase. The HC always walks the plank for his teams failures. However, Joe Douglas is most definitely complicit in this sh*t show. As I've already said, it doesn't matter who the HC is, not a one of them could ever be successful with a roster as talentless as this.

This was always a 2-3 year rebuild.  The Jets were never going to win more than 5 games this year.  What is on Gase is Darnold looking absolutely lost in the 2nd year of Gase's offense. Anybody who thought this year was anything more than a rebuilding year for the team and a progression year for Darnold is clueless. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

The point is adam isn't developing anybody. Sam has talent. Unfortunately he is regressing and that statement is soon becoming had talent.

There's no quarterback that would excel in this situation. It's sad. People can blame Sam but the point remains the problem here is much bigger.

To be honest,  this hasn't  exactly been a nurturing environment for Sam. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CSNY said:

Hawkeye. You are 100% correct. This is another reason why Gase isn’t a good head coach. It’s garbage time and he isn’t even giving the kid Perrine a chance to show what he has  It’s like he is openly defying JD by not giving the kid some carries 

That's because hes insane, on top of stupid and insecure. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

Darnold has been awful today but despite what the naysayers might say, he is still the 2nd youngest QB in the league and he still has a less than college level roster and all time bad coach behind him. Gase needs to go and the roster needs an almost complete overall before we can write off Darnold for good. Not sure if he'll ever get a fair shot under the current circumstances though.  The team is so bad that the team is likely not going to commit to a 5th year option and a 100 million dollar extension for Darnold if the team is still years away from being a consistent  playoff contender.

Playoff’s, we are so bad I’d take NFL level team at this point, that isn’t a National laughing stock.

• Upvote 1