### JETS at COLTS ### The official game thread

Larz

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Denver game is at Metlife. The Jets will win. It will be an unwatchable game, though.

If Becton is out the Broncos pass rush will kill Darnold.  And the Jets defense can't stop a nose bleed.  There is no reason to think Jeff Driskell won't put up 300 on them. 

I purposely did not post anything during the game... I sat here and watched quietly in my thoughts have been confirmed along with all of yours. There is simply no reason to watch this team weekend week out this year. Gase should be fired but won't be, Darnold should be benched but won't be. . Logains should be made to justify his position but he won't be...

Honestly the team should just forfeit every week

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

If you are an elite artist and you are given broken crayons and a crumpled up paper bag to paint on instead of the finest canvas and oil paints, I don't think the results would illustrate the painter's maximum potential.  

Sure, but I also wouldn't hand the artist $25M, banking on his abilities once you give him the proper materials.

Also, only a poor craftsman blames his tools.  

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Good night, fellas.  Enjoy the rest of the games.

Hey look Munch you can at least come around to laugh . We all need a good laugh to deal with life's stresses the Jets provide that wonderful service better than any other team we root for unless of course if you are a Met's fan or a Knicks fan . If you are a fan of all three you should be laughing so hard you might just live stress free for the rest of your life. What other sports city can say that ?

• Sympathy 2

7 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

If you are an elite artist and you are given broken crayons and a crumpled up paper bag to paint on instead of the finest canvas and oil paints, I don't think the results would illustrate the painter's maximum potential.  

The talent argument is moodt when the receivers are running wide open and he's missing them.  You can't cry lack of talent when guys are getting open. 

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I purposely did not post anything during the game... I sat here and watched quietly in my thoughts have been confirmed along with all of yours. There is simply no reason to watch this team weekend week out this year. Dave should be fired but won't be, Darnold should be benched but won't be. . Logan should be made to justify his position but he won't be...

Honestly the team should just forfeit every week

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Dave who? 

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sure, but I also wouldn't hand the artist $25M, banking on his abilities once you give him the proper materials.

Also, only a poor craftsman blames his tools.  

I agree to a certain extent.  I'm not advocating for the Jets to pay Darnold franchise QB money unless they are certain he's the man, and no matter who is to blame, he hasn't proven he's worthy as of today.  Unfortunately, I think Darnold is going to become a victim of timing and won't be given a truly fair shake to prove his worth as the Jets next reboot won't coincide with the timing of his next contract.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The talent argument is moodt when the receivers are running wide open and he's missing them.  You can't cry lack of talent when guys are getting open. 

His "talent" also dropped multiple passes today, several in crucial situations.  It obviously works both ways.

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Hey look Munch you can at least come around to laugh . We all need a good laugh to deal with life's stresses the Jets provide that wonderful service better than any other team we root for unless of course if you are a Met's fan or a Knicks fan . If you are a fan of all three you should be laughing so hard you might just live stress free for the rest of your life. What other sports city can say that ?

I share this unfortunate trifecta of ineptitude. Now in my early 60's, I actually think I am running out of time to see any of these three compete for a championship - because none of them show any signs of pulling themselves out of their respective bottomless pits. Sigh.

55 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Not many teams want a QB2 who throws picks and doesn't read the field well...they tend to look for stability or potential upside. 

Someone out there will think they can clean that stuff up.  He's not just going to go from the Jets to out of the league.  He'll get several more chances.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Obviously, I’ve defended the Gase hire and will be forever grateful that he got Maccagnan out of here, but you simply cannot allow him to remain in your employ another day. The team has quit on him and there’s simply no benefit to bringing him back tomorrow. 

One big benefit.  0-16 and Trevor Lawrence...

I suppose that is a moot point anyway as Johnson will still own the team meaning the Jets will still be a laughing stock and Lawrence will have his career destroyed... 

• Upvote 3

I share this unfortunate trifecta of ineptitude. Now in my early 60's, I actually think I am running out of time to see any of these three compete for a championship - because none of them show any signs of pulling themselves out of their respective bottomless pits. Sigh.

I feel your pain. I’m in my early 60’s also. Just glad I’m not a season ticket holder. I didn’t even re up Sunday Ticket. I follow the game on game cast ESPN. I’ll catch the game on Thursday night maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1