### JETS at COLTS ### The official game thread

Larz

2 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

One big benefit.  0-16 and Trevor Lawrence...

I suppose that is a moot point anyway as Johnson will still own the team meaning the Jets will still be a laughing stock and Lawrence will have his career destroyed... 

If we get Lawrence he might as well shave his head.  

I see Sam was rocking some NHL playoff type whiskers today.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Hey look Munch you can at least come around to laugh . We all need a good laugh to deal with life's stresses the Jets provide that wonderful service better than any other team we root for unless of course if you are a Met's fan or a Knicks fan . If you are a fan of all three you should be laughing so hard you might just live stress free for the rest of your life. What other sports city can say that ?

Thanks for the very thoughtful post, smash.  Busting balls and goofing on the team is mainly my function here anyway.  lol

Lucky for me, the Yankees were the first team I followed as a kid.   Other than that, it's the dreaded Jets, Rangers and Knicks.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, chirorob said:

well, the 2nd rounder popped a hammy, so you really don't know what you have there.

The later round picks you really should give more than 2 games on a Gase led team to see what they are.

Be that as it may, what we do know is the following:

1) Becton is a really good player thus far.

2) Denzel Mims and the rest of the draft choices have NOT made any significant contributions. They're all either constantly injured or just ineffective players.

MIKE Macagnan had drafts this bad. I don't know that this holds up and becomes the eventual judgment of this draft, but it's certainly no better than Mac so far.

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'm choosing to watch the last game of the season for a 25-34 Baseball Team rather than watch the Jets Game today.

First game I'm skipping watching in over a decade.  Probably means they'll win, lol.

Best decision I've made in a long time.

Despite being meaningless, watching my Nats beat the hell out of the Mets was quite fun.  Certainly didn't make me angry, or frustrated, or etc.

Kept up with it on the ol' cell, looks like another devastating and embarrassing loss, a Jets offense that gave more points to the opposition (17) than either team's Offense scored (7 for us, lol).

Two pick sixes.  Did anyone sight any Ghosts in the stands today?  Will this be excluded from future Darnold talk, like all his hugely bad games do?

More importantly, how long can Adam Gase survive putting on this kind of show every week?

We're a joke.  Not a very funny one.

8 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Be that as it may, what we do know is the following:

1) Becton is a really good player thus far.

2) Denzel Mims and the rest of the draft choices have NOT made any significant contributions. They're all either constantly injured or just ineffective players.

MIKE Macagnan had drafts this bad. I don't know that this holds up and becomes the eventual judgment of this draft, but it's certainly no better than Mac so far.

3 games, 3 ******* games

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Best decision I've made in a long time.

Despite being meaningless, watching my Nats beat the hell out of the Mets was quite fun.  Certainly didn't make me angry, or frustrated, or etc.

Kept up with it on the ol' cell, looks like another devastating and embarrassing loss, a Jets offense that gave more points to the opposition (17) than either team's Offense scored (7 for us, lol).

Two pick sixes.  Did anyone sight any Ghosts in the stands today?  Will this be excluded from future Darnold talk, like all his hugely bad games do?

More importantly, how long can Adam Gase survive putting on this kind of show every week?

We're a joke.  Not a very funny one.

And at least the Mets aren't hopeless with Cohen taking over. Jet will still have idiot owners. 

just watched the replay (had to work) but... 

• I thought WR Hogan wasn't that great.. I think he's doing KR's right? Keep him just doing that.. need more WR support.  When is the draft pick coming online?  We have Berrios and... that's it..
  • Griffin sucks.. 
  • WR Cager showed promise and I'd like to see more. 
  • Sam killed the drives with 3 picks..  Sam sunk the Jets on this game. 
  • Defense couldn't match with the Colts... this was a good team once again.  
  • I'm.. this is crazy to say but I'd like to see Joe Flacco have a go at it if we get blown out this Thursday... just to see how much a difference it would make.  But I think Sam has little or no weapons to throw to. 

I don't see how you fire the coach this early as bad as it's been.  This roster is empty of talent.   Real test is Thursday.. Broncos are BAD. 

8 hours ago, Matthew007b said:

just watched the replay (had to work) but... 

• I thought WR Hogan wasn't that great.. I think he's doing KR's right? Keep him just doing that.. need more WR support.  When is the draft pick coming online?  We have Berrios and... that's it..
  • Griffin sucks.. 
  • WR Cager showed promise and I'd like to see more. 
  • Sam killed the drives with 3 picks..  Sam sunk the Jets on this game. 
  • Defense couldn't match with the Colts... this was a good team once again.  
  • I'm.. this is crazy to say but I'd like to see Joe Flacco have a go at it if we get blown out this Thursday... just to see how much a difference it would make.  But I think Sam has little or no weapons to throw to. 

I don't see how you fire the coach this early as bad as it's been.  This roster is empty of talent.   Real test is Thursday.. Broncos are BAD. 

It’s not the roster. Gase was supposed to be an offensive minded coach and they’re, not exaggerating, the worst offense in the NFL for a full season if you carry over from this point last year. there’s a bunch of cases in lots of different sports where inferior talent, well coached, has risen up collectively to do something more than capable of individually. Football is the ultimate team sport and we should not be this bad. 

• Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Thanks for the very thoughtful post, smash.  Busting balls and goofing on the team is mainly my function here anyway.  lol

Lucky for me, the Yankees were the first team I followed as a kid.   Other than that, it's the dreaded Jets, Rangers and Knicks.

Yeah Im a life long Yankee fan as well always been a top notch run organization.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Butterfield said:

What?

The person coaching Sam Darnold on the basics like mechanics is Jordan Palmer.  That’s his job.  And that’s the stuff that Sam has been taught since he was 6 years old.  If it was going to stick it would have by now. 

Adam Gase has 53 grown men to coach and is focused on turning around a broken organization, he doesn’t have time to play footsie with a third year quarterback with a learning disorder.  The crap Darnold is pulling should have been corrected years ago.  Decision making is all about smarts and it appears Sam no gots. 

SAR I

• Haha 1

Just now, SAR I said:

The person coaching Sam Darnold on the basics like mechanics is Jordan Palmer.  That’s his job. And that’s the stuff that Sam has been taught since he was 6 years old.  If it was going to stick it would have by now. 

Adam Gase has 53 grown men to coach and is focused on turning around a broken organization, he doesn’t have time to play footsie with a third year quarterback with a learning disorder.  The crap Darnold is pulling should have been corrected years ago.  Decision making is all about smarts and it appears Sam no gots. 

SAR I

Put a sock in it. 

The excuses are far and many. 

FIRE ADAM GASE 

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

The person coaching Sam Darnold on the basics like mechanics is Jordan Palmer.  That’s his job.  And that’s the stuff that Sam has been taught since he was 6 years old.  If it was going to stick it would have by now. 

SAR I

Good luck with the insanity.  

• Haha 1