Chris Mortensen: Gase era Could be Winding Down

Jetsbb

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Huh? You think the defense is going full go and the offense is going 3/4? It doesn’t work that way. Did you hear McDougals comments? He said the defense hasn’t put together a dominating practice yet. Kind of contradicts this idea that the defense is playing with more intensity than the offense. I certainly didn’t hear anything of the sort all of training camp. Hell, the defense has played worse than the offense so far.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Believe me when I say I'm no fan of Adam Gase. I do think he should probably be fired? However, and this is the universal truth for Rex, toilet, and Gase, until the talent level substantially rises, NO HC will ever succeed coaching this team. The Jets talent situation is so bad I don't believe Bill Parcells in his prime could ever succeed coaching this team as it stands right now.

I think it's way too early to grade Douglas's draft choices, but besides Becton his draft choices have sucked. Everyone knew that in order for the Jets to have any success this season they would need major contributions from the rookies. The Jets haven't gotten that.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

Gregg Williams saw the potential for domination on Sunday — not of his defense, but by it.

Where others witnessed the Jets unit getting overwhelmed most of the afternoon, allowing 404 yards of total offense, getting gashed by Josh Allen for a career-high 312 yards through the air, being unable to get off the field on third down, the team’s defensive coordinator saw promise in the lopsided loss to the Bills.

“What could have been a dominant game — had we controlled the pocket — what could have been a dominant game, turned into production by the other team,” he said Friday following practice, forgetting the two gift fumbles by Allen and two missed field goals by the Bills. “[It] turned into extended plays, and if you go back and take a look at those things, it would have been a very dominant game could we have finished the pocket on the quarterback.”

Of course, you can throw an “if” in front of a lot of statements and that could change the result. If the Mets had more pitching, they would be a playoff team. If the Knicks had better luck, they wouldn’t be in this drought of one playoff series victory across the last two decades. If Mike Maccagnan had drafted better, he still would be the Jets’ general manager.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

This is total bullsh*t.  My guess, Jets threw some garbage over to Mort to panded to the fanbase.  Mort took it and ran, didnt even realize what he was quoting and dropped it as "news".  What does it even mean that Jets "higher ups" (whoever that is) are now looking at Gase?  Were they not for the last 18 games?   And the game they decided to put him under scrutiny is a game where Sam Darnold is throwing/handing off to arguably the worst skills positions any NFL has deployed in the last 20 years? 

The worst part about this "report" is that the Jets actually think dropping this little tid bit of bull sh*t buys them some good faith with the fan base.

Think about that for a second, this was an idea that came from the Jets brass to pander to the fanbase.  It's literally clown shoes sh*t.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3