Chris Mortensen: Gase era Could be Winding Down

Jetsbb

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The collapse of Gregg Williams’ defense is a bigger concern than our offense but don’t let that get in the way of a good story. 

SAR I

The offense is from hunger. It has been almost Gase's entire tenure. They actually drafted a  beast LT and Gase runs delayed up the middle handoffs 3 of 4 downs. The Jets have a total mismatch every down LT vs. the opposing RDE to brutalize a defense for 4+ yards a clip and they don't take advantage of it. So on the one rare occasion they  got something correct, Gase has managed to f___ even that up. 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Huh? You think the defense is going full go and the offense is going 3/4? It doesn’t work that way. Did you hear McDougals comments? He said the defense hasn’t put together a dominating practice yet. Kind of contradicts this idea that the defense is playing with more intensity than the offense. I certainly didn’t hear anything of the sort all of training camp. Hell, the defense has played worse than the offense so far.

It starts and ends with Gase. He’s the HC and his lack of preparation has just spilled over onto the defense. This team plays with no passion, no urgency. They can’t stop a 3rd and 3 and can’t make a 3rd and 2. They allow long drives and constantly handcuff Sam into 3 and outs with stupid, predictable game plans. I can see the offense sucking with all the injuries and Gase being Gase but the defense - there’s just no excuse. They have been one of the worse defenses I’ve ever seen in watching football for over 55 years. Something is just wrong, terribly wrong here that is not being isolated. Can you imagine a Parcells or Lombardi team playing like this. The press conferences would be rated X and go down as the greatest rants of all time. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

gase.jpg

Chris Mortensen of ESPN opened up some eyes on today’s episode of NFL countdown when he suggested head coach Adam Gase could be on his way out if things don’t go well in the coming days.

Interesting what @mortreport said on @ESPNNFL Live about #Jets management and how we should pay attention to Adam Gase's status this week. ?

— Alan Hahn (@alanhahn) September 27, 2020

With the Indianapolis Colts on tap today, the Jets will then take on the banged up Denver Broncos on Thursday night.  Mortensen suggested Gase could be on his way out if the Jets drop both contests.

High-level #Jets’ executives have heard all the Adam Gase criticism and are starting to take notice, per @mortreport. The #Jets have the #Colts today and the #Broncos Thursday Night. A situation to monitor if things continue to look ugly.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) September 27, 2020

Should the Jets decide to move on, one would expect the team to elevate defensive coordinator Gregg Williams to the head coaching position with running backs coach Jim Bob Cooter, who has had better results than Gase as a play caller, elevated to offensive coordinator.

The post Chris Mortensen: Gase era Could be Winding Down appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
ew8g8dQJYB4

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

894894CE-8C7C-428A-99AD-045906AACC41.jpeg

Hot take:  Michael Bolton was a damn good frontman in the band Blackjack.  They were a decade too late and Meatloaf/Van Halen already existed.  But their first two albums were damn good.  Too bad all people remember is the lame VH1 love ballads and soul covers.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Hot take:  Michael Bolton was a damn good frontman in the band Blackjack.  They were a decade too late and Meatloaf/Van Halen already existed.  But their first two albums were damn good.  Too bad all people remember is the lame VH1 love ballads and soul covers.

Are you implying that there exists in society an anti-Michael-Bolton sentiment? He is, and should be, universally beloved. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Are you implying that there exists in society an anti-Michael-Bolton sentiment? He is, and should be, universally beloved. 

I can't tell anymore who has earned the right to be successful.  People still hate Phil Collins.  And forget he played on some of the prog albums of all time.  And Brian Eno's greatest solo albums.  And Peter Gabriel's.  And Brand X.  And produced John Martyn and a host of other successful musicians. Oh.  And he sold over 100 million solo albums.

If people still hate Phil Collins for having a pop career in the 80's  I imagine they might feel the same way about Michael Bolton.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, pdxgreen said:

I can't tell anymore who has earned the right to be successful.  People still hate Phil Collins.  And forget he played on some of the prog albums of all time.  And Brian Eno's greatest solo albums.  And Peter Gabriel's.  And Brand X.  And produced John Martyn and a host of other successful musicians. Oh.  And he sold over 100 million solo albums.

If people still hate Phil. Collins for having a pop career in the 80's  I imagine they might feel the same way about Michael Bolton.

I blame Eno for U2 and Coldplay. That is certainly grounds for summary execution. 

Somewhere between the pompous douchebaggery and tax dodging slumlordhood U2 became and his enabling Chris whatever his bland last name is to be anything more than the English teacher Liam Gallagher rightly noted should be his true station in life, Brian Eno must pay the ultimate price. 

• Haha 1