Chris Mortensen: Gase era Could be Winding Down

Jetsbb

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

I blame Eno for U2 and Coldplay. That is certainly grounds for summary execution. 

Somewhere between the pompous douchebaggery and tax dodging slumlordhood U2 became and his enabling Chris whatever his bland last name is to be anything more than the English teacher Liam Gallagher rightly noted should be his true station in life, Brian Eno must pay the ultimate price. 

U2 were a ton of chorus, flange and reverb with the same bass line for around 10 or so years.  Never listened enough to Coldplay to get a drift of what their sound was.  Seemed like the lead singer was always crying about something.  About everything being yellow. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bugg said:

I blame Eno for U2 and Coldplay. That is certainly grounds for summary execution. 

Somewhere between the pompous douchebaggery and tax dodging slumlordhood U2 became and his enabling Chris whatever his bland last name is to be anything more than the English teacher Liam Gallagher rightly noted should be his true station in life, Brian Eno must pay the ultimate price. 

Eno gets a pass....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

"after they’ve been hearing all the noise from outside"

Sums up the ownership of this team really well.  they want to be in charge and yet they have no clue and waiver in the wind like a field of wheat.

Above all the johnsons hate being embarrassed.  As soon as they think they’re being mocked they will act.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

"after they’ve been hearing all the noise from outside"

Sums up the ownership of this team really well.  they want to be in charge and yet they have no clue and waiver in the wind like a field of wheat.

Boy would I love to be a fly on the wall when the "Higher Ups" informed CJ that Adam Gase was maybe possibly potentially not a brilliant offensive mind. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

U2 were a ton of chorus, flange and reverb with the same bass line for around 10 or so years.  Never listened enough to Coldplay to get a drift of what their sound was.  Seemed like the lead singer was always crying about something.  About everything being yellow. 

There's a documentary about "Achtung Baby" where basically Dave Evans and Paul Hewsom(I'm not using their silly ass nicknames) claimed they suffered from writers' block. So Eno and Daniel Lanois told them to go to the French Riviera and bang models for a month, and Eno and Lanois wrote the whole album and simply handed it to them upon their return. Could be the most embarrassing rock documentary ever and yet they released it anyway, since everyone involves is still printing money.  Eno and Lanois are in fact listed as "guest artists". 

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/adam-gase-could-be-fired-this-week-chris-mortensen-espn-01ek83h56zcq

Here's what Mort had to say:

All the external noise you've heard from the media and fans about head coach Adam Gase has now gone internal. We heard players complain this week about the practice intensity and league sources say on the inside the executives of the Jets at the highest levels are looking at Gase as well as they play the Colts in Indianapolis today and a key game Thursday night against the Broncos who also are very injured. Watch out on the Jets and Adam Gase this coming week.

3 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

If this is even remotely true, I'm not going to lie, it's gangsta AF to put this out there with who is actually available to play on offense on this team. Like, legit, the Jets might not cross the 50 let alone score a single point.  Straight up hard core gangsta sh*t.  Cold blooded.  It's like throwing Gase into a sword fight with a knife and arm tied behind his back.  Straight brutal.  

Therefore, not a chance it's true because Jets.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

How come nobody else is reporting this except for this Mr. Nobody. 

I'm left here wondering if it's an actual "report" or just conjecture on Mort's part. It's probably true to some degree because common sense would say so. Every loosing team's "higher ups" should be doing this. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I wonder if they're actually considering dumping him after the Thursday night game if it's 0-4 and all uncompetitive.

100% they are. It's the closest thing we have to a bye week until week 11. That would be the time to do it so you could get an accurate grade on Sam for the rest of the season. I expect whoever takes over will let it rip with Sam.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1