Chris Mortensen: Gase era Could be Winding Down

Jetsbb

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Gase hasn't coached a single game in New York where his offense was healthy.  The amount of injuries we've been hit with is absurd.  No OC could succeed with the garbage Gase inherited or watched collecting checks in the hospital.

SAR I

Sorry; that dog won't hunt. Every team is dealing with injuries. Jets may be worse than other teams, but that isn't unheard of or impossible to deal with. 

Gase had to know he is here to make Darnold dangerous. Darnold right now looks awful. I don't care about the OL, or weapons, or injuries, it has to be better or Gase is a failure. 

Gase right now has a primo LT that rather than run behind, insists on running delayed handoff up the middle. Jets go on average 6 yard every time they go behind Becton, and that cannot be stopped. Instead he does dumb nonsense up the middle for 2 yards per. if you did  run behind you monster LT, teams would respect it enough you could play action off that. Comes a point a real coach stops worrying about running "his offense" and calls plays that work. Put a TE or  an H-back to the left, and pound the living sheet out of the right side of the opposing defense until they stop you. Practically run the option or the veer , and use the pass as a surprise. I HATE plays like those dumb handoffs and 3rd down swing passes short of the stick. THAT IS GIVING UP. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I read two books of Parcells...  BOTH will convince you that he is a no nonsense coach. He is MR Discipline.  He outgrew his persona but is a HOFer for good reason.

Just shows how incredibly important coaching is.  All these guys run 4.3...all these guys are strong.  Put aside the Jets Canadian football roster though.  That’s an outlier due to Sub 100 IQ owner hiring Sub 100 IQ failed scout and making him GM for some reason.

Parcells took a 1-15 roster and almost took it to the Super Bowl 2 years later.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JiF said:

This is total bullsh*t.  My guess, Jets threw some garbage over to Mort to pander to the fanbase.  Mort took it and ran, didnt even realize what he was quoting and dropped it as "news".  What does it even mean that Jets "higher ups" (whoever that is) are now looking at Gase?  Were they not for the last 18 games?   And the game they decided to put him under scrutiny is a game where Sam Darnold is throwing/handing off to arguably the worst skills positions any NFL team has deployed in the last 20 years? 

Are the jets that crafty smart though? And gase must be hearing this. I doubt he can ignore the media reports 

14 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Just shows how incredibly important coaching is.  All these guys run 4.3...all these guys are strong.  Put aside the Jets Canadian football roster though.  That’s an outlier due to Sub 100 IQ owner hiring Sub 100 IQ failed scout and making him GM for some reason.

Parcells took a 1-15 roster and almost took it to the Super Bowl 2 years later.

I’ve been screaming that since the JI days.  players come and go.   You can’t suck like the Jets without poor leadership and poor management, Absolutely. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Offenses do a little bit better when they aren't down 21-0 before they take their first sip of Gatorade.

SAR I

Lol. Keep running this flag uphill..let me know how that works out for you.

Williams will have a job next year. Gase won't.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

If that's the case I want him gone before kickoff.  Never heard of a HC that has a reputation for getting players hurt in practice, share a few articles when this has happened to other NFL head coaches, thanks.

SAR I

I spend a fair amt of time in the Palm Beach area.  Remember it being all over the sports media during the Gase era in Miami.  His defenders down there sound awful similar to what you have been saying here - he has never had a healthy roster.  That is true, but that’s on the HC.  Strength and conditioning my friend.  Quick google search, a few samples for you.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.palmbeachpost.com/2017/12/28/miami-dolphins-must-explore-reasons-13-players-are-on-injured-reserve/%3ftemplate=ampart

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.palmbeachpost.com/2016/09/26/miami-dolphins-list-16-players-on-injury-report-for-bengals-game/%3ftemplate=ampart

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ryan-tannehills-reportedly-significant-knee-injury-didnt-have-to-go-down-like-this/amp/

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-see-full-list-of-miami-dolphins-players-on-season-ending-injured-reserve-20181102-photogallery.html

• Post of the Week 3

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Gase hasn't coached a single game in New York where his offense was healthy.  The amount of injuries we've been hit with is absurd.  No OC could succeed with the garbage Gase inherited or watched collecting checks in the hospital.

SAR I

Were you on the hiring committee or something? You need to up your standards. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

So I'm clear is the supposition that Gase's training approach is poor and leads to player injury or that Gase is so unpopular that players are unlikely to play through minor injuries and you therefore always have more players inactive?

8 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

So I'm clear is the supposition that Gase's training approach is poor and leads to player injury or that Gase is so unpopular that players are unlikely to play through minor injuries and you therefore always have more players inactive?

Minor injures - hammies, high ankles, quads are often the result of poor conditioning.