Sign in to follow this  
Defense Wins Championships

With the 1st pick of the 2021 NFL Draft - The New York Jets select...

We ain't tanking. Tanking suggests we are doing it on purpose---this team is just lousy!!!! No tank--just no talent!!!!

• Upvote 3

Will be an awful decision if the jets draft #1 and draft lawrence other than trading down.

This team has no talent anywhere on the team other than LT.  Adding an new young qb is just assigning him to doom.

• Like 1

Who cares we have had high draft picks the last decade and it hasn’t resulted in any results 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Trevor Lawrence just threw up in his mouth. 

And started flipping through the course catalog to pick a second major to justify staying an extra year.

• Haha 1

When have we had success over the last 15 years?  When a lousy Qb in sanchez was drafterd to a team with a great oline and defense and then weapons were added.

Forget QB and build the team for two solid drafts then go after the qb.

• Like 1

Trevor isn't safe even if he goes back to school. This team is poised to have more than a few years of futility Browns style

Joe Douglas will get his QB (Lawrence, Fields, or Lance) & a head coach of his choice.

I will root for Sam wherever he goes after they, ultimately, trade him.  The Jets failed him.  They took a QB prospect with infinite potential and destroyed him.  The way the Ravens and Bills built around Allen and Jackson is how it’s done.  Hopefully Joe Douglas builds around his guy like that.

• Upvote 1

Yes I’m to the next QB we damage 

1 hour ago, jgb said:

And started flipping through the course catalog to pick a second major to justify staying an extra year.

He'll go the Grad Transfer route and play for Bethune-Cookman.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

When have we had success over the last 15 years?  When a lousy Qb in sanchez was drafterd to a team with a great oline and defense and then weapons were added.

Forget QB and build the team for two solid drafts then go after the qb.

Better yet, build a good team. Don't wait for 1 specific piece before adding others. We aren't putting together Swedish furniture here.

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Unless you have a plan to lure Dabo into a HC job here, Lawrence will be revisiting his decision to declare. 

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Better yet, build a good team. Don't wait for 1 specific piece before adding others. We aren't putting together Swedish furniture here.

The jets have no allen keys

• Haha 1

It's Lawrence, Fields or failing that Trey Lance. One of these guys will be a Jet next year for sure.

Just now, Irish Jet said:

It's Lawrence, Fields or failing that Trey Lance. One of these guys will be a Jet next year for sure.

Poor bastard

Trade the pick. This team needs players at EVERY position except LT. If they draft Lawrence, the same thing that is happening to Darnold will happen to him.

• Thumb Down 1

Sam Darnold has to go. I tried to believe in him. I tried to support him. But I've seen enough. Enough is enough. Sam has to go (too). 

I hate Gase. I can't stand having a lack of weapons. But Darnold is a big reason why even Gase looks this bad.

The kid is mentally destroyed. His confidence is all the way ruined. He was once a promising prospect but not anymore. He looks like a 3rd string backup out there. Some of his throws are so horrible it's head scratching. He takes sacks and turns the ball over when it matters most. His arm isn't even strong. 

I quit on the 2020 Jets. Vs. Denver was my last attempt as a fan. I want Trevor Lawrence, a new head coach and a new beginning.