Sam Darnold is a bust

JustInFudge

33 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

That picture has been floating around this place forever. 

Many have used it. 

Do yourself a favor Google pics or images on JetNation. 

Then comment and you are who again.

Calm down gramps I was just joking.  I'll get off your lawn and turn my music down as well.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was a dihard Sam supporter up until this past week or maybe 2.  This is my first game watching him w/o my green colored glasses.  What a relief.  Once you cross over to the bust side of the debate it's easy peasy to see that Sam just ain't the guy.  

Strip all the excuses away and it becomes clear as day.  3 2s, thanks Mac.   

• Upvote 4

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh looky here.  All those healthy receivers and Sam still sucks.

Hold on a second.

We haven't seem him with a top 5 offensive line and all-pro WRs yet. 

He's also only started 30 something games. We should probably see what he looks like by start 50 or 60. 

Also, is it fair to judge him without Sean Payton? Brees only made one pro-bowl before he got to New Orleans. 

You gotta be fair!!!!

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

Hold on a second.

We haven't seem him with a top 5 offensive line and all-pro WRs yet. 

He's also only started 30 something games. We should probably see what he looks like by start 50 or 60. 

Also, is it fair to judge him without Sean Payton? Brees only made one pro-bowl before he got to New Orleans. 

You gotta be fair!!!!

Remember when Darnold was gonna win 3+ games down the stretch and cost the Jets a top 2 pick?

lmao

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

watching him w/o my green colored glasses.  What a relief.  Once you cross over to the bust side of the debate it's easy peasy to see that Sam just ain't the guy.  

w/o the glasses you noticed all the plays he leaves on teh field every week...  you dont allow yourself to say one good play is better than 4 crap plays...  et cet...

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

On 9/27/2020 at 6:43 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

He never even played great college D's while in USC. 

He is an NFL bust. 

He makes us worse. Not better. 

He's more awful than Sanchez ever was. 

At least Sanchez had fire. And heart. 

This Red head is souless and softer than cotton. 

Over two months ago I said what I meant and meant what I said. 

BUST!

I did the same thing with Mark Sanchez. I simply can’t be trusted to not believe in highly drafted Jets quarterbacks.  I still love you Sam. 

ill love Trevor more tho - will be crushed at this point if we don’t get him. We deserve to get him. And if we do the Jets are in good shape for a pretty quick turnaround if JD continues the drafting he did in 2020. 

One thing is for certain, Darnold winning on the Jets is not happening. Two head coaches and 11 wins in three seasons. In a perfect situation he can probably be a salvageable QB for a new team. I don't want a salvageable at best QB. I want a QB who can read a defense and know when to throw the ball away. I'm done with the excuses of his surrounding cast. You know what, he is part of the surrounding cast to other players. 

15 hours ago, jgb said:

Biggest bust in Jets history measured against expectations, position, his profile coming in, and what we paid.

He has been completely broken down the last 2 years. Any progress he was making at the end of year 1 is gone.

He may be able to resurrect his career somewhere else, but it's over here. Very disappointing. It's time to move on

4 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

He has been completely broken down the last 2 years. Any progress he was making at the end of year 1 is gone.

He may b able to resurrect his career somewhere else, but it's over here. Very disappointing. It's time to move on

Do we ignore the game against New England at the end of year 1?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CTJetsFan said:

No, but at the time easy to attribute to being a rookie vs Belichick

I just don’t know why the narrative on Darnold emphasizes his performance in 2 games against the worst defense in the league and ignores a game right after where he looked like how he looked for 10 other games that season.

• Upvote 1

Just now, kdels62 said:

I just don’t know why the narrative on Darnold emphasizes his performance in 2 games against the worst defense in the league and ignores a game right after where he looked like how he looked for 10 other games that season.

Again, it was expected (at the time) that he would build on his rookie season. It never happened. No longer worth debating. Time to move on

22 minutes ago, jgb said:

Biggest bust in Jets history measured against expectations, position, his profile coming in, and what we paid.

Yeah, he really is at this point. I used to look at Gholston but not when you consider all angles.  It's really Sam Darnold.  So sad.

• Upvote 1