Sam Darnold is a bust

JustInFudge

I wouldn't put a dime on Darnold becoming a FQB anywhere. One of Jets biggest problems for a long time is refusing to move on from failed players, coaches, GMs due to a FOMO. Johnson brothers have no idea how to quantify opportunity cost because they've never had to make difficult, economic decisions in their lives. I'd trust a LI plumber managing a couple trucks and 2 work crews to run this team better than the Johnsons.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I think we should give Darnold a chance in a better situation before giving up on him. I am someone who typically gives up on QBs quickly. I have my doubts on Darnold but he definitely has the physical gifts to be a successful NFL qb and he's been in the absolute worst situation imaginable.

And when has this tendency failed you, exactly?

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

This is on CJ. Darnold was the best QB prospect  we have had in 20 years. CJ put an organization  around him that failed him miserably.  Darnold can rebound from this but that is very unlikely considering what we have on this team.

Darnold is toast.

Even Woody must be disgusted. I always said Chris Johnson was way worse and it’s totally looking that way. 

37 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He has clearly regressed.  It's very sad.  For his own sake I hope the Jets move on.  He seems like a good kid and deserved better.

Best thing for Darnold?

Sign with McVay and the Rams. Stick his cotton ball butt back on the West Coast.

Sit behind Goff, and when Goff gets hurt because he can't move, Darnold will get another chance.

Obviously Sam played poorly but I don't get how he can be considered a 'bust' on the one hand but on the other hand believe that he will probably be successful if he gets traded to the Steelers or another team with good coaching.  That doesn't sound like a bust of a player, but really a bust of an organization. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, artemusclyde said:

Rosen went for a 2nd rounder. Darnold has way more love then Rosen had. I can see us flipping him for a third rounder with the Steelers.

Rosen had 3 more cheap years left on his deal, and hadn't put out nearly as much bad tape as Darnold will have. I'd be shocked if someone gave up a 3rd rounder for Darnold. Can we call up Dave Gettleman?

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Reposting this in this thread from the DWC thread:

Joe Douglas will get his QB (Lawrence, Fields, or Lance) & a head coach of his choice.

I will root for Sam wherever he goes after they, ultimately, trade him.  The Jets failed him.  They took a QB prospect with infinite potential and destroyed him.  The way the Ravens and Bills built around Allen and Jackson is how it’s done.  Hopefully Joe Douglas builds around his guy like that

Great post my dude

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

Really never had a chance. Started about 15 games in high school and about 20 at USC

then maccagnan trades 3 high picks for him that were needed to build around him and built the defense 

then they start him year 1

if there was ever a guy that needed a year to learn it was Sam   Not only really young but a green and raw young 

What this franchise did to him is criminal abuse 

Correction: Macc traded three picks for somebody

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

Rosen went for a 2nd rounder. Darnold has way more love then Rosen had. I can see us flipping him for a third rounder with the Steelers.

Darnold also has a longer track record of suck than Rosen had when that trade was made.