Becton Injury

18 hours ago, RobR said:

No one knows, we still haven't seen the play. The NFL sucks balls.

The last play Becton was on the field was when Sam threw the pick in the endzone. As far as I could tell on replay (no good angles), Becton was still engaged with a defender when the ball left Sam's hands. My first thought was he may have gotten rolled up from behind after the ball was gone but then it was called a shoulder injury.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Are you calling the posters who post in the game thread, dum dum lolly pop heads. 

myself included

as individuals im sure we are all really great people 

as a group we are the mixed flavor at the end of dum dum factory runs where it's inbetween like root beer and grape and they just slap a ??? mark on it 

the island of misfit toys

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Come on. These guys need to play if they can. Reps are important. We've become way too accepting of guys just tapping out. 

There's very little to be gained by asking him to "tough it out" on short rest.  We need to get several of the young guys back this week, for sure.  Becton doesn't have to be one of them.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There's very little to be gained by asking him to "tough it out" on short rest.  We need to get several of the young guys back this week, for sure.  Becton doesn't have to be one of them.  

Don't want him to be the Little Ticket do you?

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Agreed, we just need to lose the game so Gase gets the hammer Friday morning.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, sackdance said:

Maybe I see things real different than you, but I don't see a reason in the world that the worst team in the league should coddle its best players. 

No one is talking about coddling here. 

There's a pretty big gap between the Joe Judge method and the Todd Bowles method that we're talking about here.  (The Joe Judge method is going swimmingly, btw)

If we were playing Sunday, a "day-to-day" type injury wouldn't be a big deal.  He'd practice in limited fashion early in the week and then hope to log a full practice on Friday.

A Thursday game changes things a great deal.  Thank the league for that.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Jets 2020 draft:

1st round pick injured after 2 1/2 games

2nd round pick has not played a snap

3rd round pick injured after two games

3rd round pick has not played a snap

4th round pick is the 3rd string RB

4th round pick is the 4th string QB

4th round pick has not played a snap

5th round pick has not played a snap

6th round pick has really been no better than Lach Edwards.

Still have hope for Douglas but his 1st draft, like it or not has almost not helped this team at all.

Not only that, but he got rid of our two best Robby and Jamal. 

He's made our roster much worse. Not better. 

• Thumb Down 2