Becton Injury

22 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I mean if you can play you play. Compete. Not really controversial. Half the roster being hurt deserves to be questioned at all angles.

Agree on the last part which is why I am skeptical of their competence regarding the first part. I think you can see where I'm coming from with this line of thinking. Right? Like I said think that last statement is totally on point.

Sidenote is will be a FA physician anesthesiologist next July when my contract is up. Just sayin...

On 9/27/2020 at 7:33 PM, Beerfish said:

Jets 2020 draft:

1st round pick injured after 2 1/2 games

2nd round pick has not played a snap

3rd round pick injured after two games

3rd round pick has not played a snap

4th round pick is the 3rd string RB

4th round pick is the 4th string QB

4th round pick has not played a snap

5th round pick has not played a snap

6th round pick has really been no better than Lach Edwards.

Still have hope for Douglas but his 1st draft, like it or not has almost not helped this team at all.

Very good post. Now who knows if his draft will pan out? It's way too early to pass judgment. But thus far? JD's first draft is no better than Mac's 2017 draft. We need rookies to contribute to winning and we haven't gotten it.

On 9/27/2020 at 4:33 PM, Beerfish said:

Jets 2020 draft:

1st round pick injured after 2 1/2 games

2nd round pick has not played a snap

3rd round pick injured after two games

3rd round pick has not played a snap

4th round pick is the 3rd string RB

4th round pick is the 4th string QB

4th round pick has not played a snap

5th round pick has not played a snap

6th round pick has really been no better than Lach Edwards.

Still have hope for Douglas but his 1st draft, like it or not has almost not helped this team at all.

And how do you sign Perriman, Tampa's WR3, with his injury history to be a #1 WR?

It's almost as if people couldn't see this coming....

636334757_ScreenShot2020-09-29at7_26_55PM.png.675cb3950bb807b0d992fbb718a1aa84.png

628818219_ScreenShot2020-09-29at7_27_22PM.png.bb48eb09e946bde8ee251c52d2412953.png

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Playing fast and loose with injuries is a poor plan, is all I'm saying here.  I'm not suggesting Becton can't play thru pain.  I just don't want him playing injured.  All we know is he avoided a serious injury.  If he's back practicing in full prior to the game, this of course becomes a non-issue.  The last I saw he was "day-to-day" and they're "optimistic he can play", which doesn't really tell me anything either way.  

And hell yes I'm "ascared", because this training staff sucks and, again, Becton is our most valuable asset.  Him getting f**ked just so Gase can keep his job another week isn't something the organization should sign on for.  If there's any cause for concern, it's better err on the side of caution leading into a short rest game.  Your "players need to be tougher" shtick that Matt39 loves to throw around doesn't do much for me.

Im not sure why you need to defend this position, there is no reason to rush him back whatsoever, especially on a short week.

He is our most valuable player and if its a bruise or something then fine, he can play through pain.  But if he has a strain that could be worse AND we have Fant healthy, why not play Fant and Edoga and let Becton have 2 weeks to get healthy?

If he has a season ending injury that affects his ability to get better this offseason, thats a disaster.

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, BCJet said:

Im not sure why you need to defend this position, there is no reason to rush him back whatsoever, especially on a short week.

He is our most valuable player and if its a bruise or something then fine, he can play through pain.  But if he has a strain that could be worse AND we have Fant healthy, why not play Fant and Edoga and let Becton have 2 weeks to get healthy?

If he has a season ending injury that affects his ability to get better this offseason, thats a disaster.

Because tough guys like Matt39 and Barry McCockinner think NFL players are all soft, and should be able to play through every minor injury.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because tough guys like Matt39 and Barry McCockinner think NFL players are all soft, and should be able to play through every minor injury.  

To me, the issue is the Thursday night game. 

None of these guys should even be playing on Thursday to begin with. 

• Upvote 2

Did you find out what the "injury" was yet? Ignorantly calling for him to be sidelined is cool. Just call anyone who wants the facts a "tough guy". 

derp

Just now, slimjasi said:

To me, the issue is the Thursday night game. 

None of these guys should even be playing on Thursday to begin with. 

If the NFL insists on Thursday games (which I admit have been pretty good this year), they need to have a bye week built in for teams the week before.  No team should ever play on 4 days rest.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Did you find out what the "injury" was yet? Ignorantly calling for him to be sidelined is cool. Just call anyone who wants the facts a "tough guy". 

derp

Yes, because NOT knowing the extent of the injury means GO FOR IT, every time!

This is all we know so far:

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2020/9/28/21492554/jets-injury-report-mekhi-becton-would-have-been-limited-if-there-was-a-practice-monday

Jets Injury Report: Mekhi Becton Would Have Been Limited if There Was a Practice Monday

By John B  Sep 28, 2020, 6:05pm EDT 

unnamed__13_.png

Mekhi Becton, who left the loss to Indianapolis late in the first half with a shoulder injury, also would have been limited today.

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2020/9/28/21492554/jets-injury-report-mekhi-becton-would-have-been-limited-if-there-was-a-practice-monday

Jets Injury Report: Mekhi Becton Would Have Been Limited if There Was a Practice Monday

unnamed__13_.png

Mekhi Becton, who left the loss to Indianapolis late in the first half with a shoulder injury, also would have been limited today.

We don't know what happened to his shoulder. You're insisting he should be benched without knowing anything other than he would have been limited at practice. So basically without knowing sh*t about ****, you think you know best.

All I'm saying is, we don't have enough information to make that decision. I like to know the facts before acting like I know it all. 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Wait, are you suggesting Becton isn't really injured? 

There's a difference between being injured and being hurt. If he was hurt and just has a bruise or some sh*t, it's not a big deal. If he was injured and had some sort of tear or something, that's obviously a different story.

JF80 acts like he knows. He doesn't.

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

We don't know what happened to his shoulder. You're insisting he should be benched without knowing anything other than he would have been limited at practice. So basically without knowing sh*t about ****, you think you know best.

All I'm saying is, we don't have enough information to make that decision. I like to know the facts before acting like I know it all. 

He left last week's game with the injury and needed an MRI.  "Limited practice" usually leads to a Questionable tag until the player logs a full practice.  So it's a 50/50 type of injury when it comes to a player's availability the next game.  I'd say I gave it an appropriate level of concern given what we DO know about the injury.  

I'm arguing we err on the side of caution, especially since its a Thursday game.  You essentially waved it away by calling it a "booboo".  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

There's a difference between being injured and being hurt. If he was hurt and just has a bruise or some sh*t, it's not a big deal. If he was injured and had some sort of tear or something, that's obviously a different story.

JF80 acts like he knows. He doesn't.

Ok

All I'm saying is that it is wise to exercise caution with your best player (yes, he's already our best player) on a short week. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He left last week's game with the injury and needed an MRI.  "Limited practice" usually leads to a Questionable tag until the player logs a full practice.  So it's a 50/50 type of injury when it comes to a player's availability the next game.

I'm arguing we err on the side of caution.  You essentially waved it away by calling it a "booboo".  

I'm saying we don't know what it is. You think you do. eat dicks.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Great talk!

You're misconstruing what I've said, calling me a "tough guy" like I want to march him out there so long as he can walk. Why do you feel the need to do that? What do you gain from it? Does it make you feel better?

You don't know what happened to his shoulder and it could be a bruise or something. The fact that he had an MRI doesn't mean he's injured. Again, there's a difference between being hurt and injured. The fact that he wasn't ruled out after the MRI suggests just being hurt is a possibility here.

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You don't know what happened to his shoulder and it could be a bruise or something. The fact that he had an MRI doesn't mean he's injured. Again, there's a difference between being hurt and injured. The fact that he wasn't ruled out after the MRI suggests just being hurt is a possibility here.

Right, but even if he's "just hurt," it still makes sense to be cautious with him. 

Gase said on Monday that the MRI went "better than we thought" - while there is currently no significant structural damage, there is probably "something" there, IMO. 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

Right, but even if he's "just hurt," it still makes sense to be cautious with him. 

Gase said on Monday that the MRI went "better than we thought" - while there is currently no significant structural damage, there is probably "something" there, IMO. 

if there's any structural damage he should be kept out.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

unnamed__13_.png

Why would the Jets have put him onto the field for limited participation if he was in danger of getting hurt again?

I don't think they would.

There's no need to wrap everyone we have in bubble wrap unless they need it.

23 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Playing fast and loose with injuries is a poor plan, is all I'm saying here.  I'm not suggesting Becton can't play thru pain.  I just don't want him playing injured.  All we know is he avoided a serious injury.  If he's back practicing in full prior to the game, this of course becomes a non-issue.  The last I saw he was "day-to-day" and they're "optimistic he can play", which doesn't really tell me anything either way.  

And hell yes I'm "ascared", because this training staff sucks and, again, Becton is our most valuable asset.  Him getting f**ked just so Gase can keep his job another week isn't something the organization should sign on for.  If there's any cause for concern, it's better err on the side of caution leading into a short rest game.  Your "players need to be tougher" shtick that Matt39 loves to throw around doesn't do much for me.

And becton playing tomorrow would yet again be the latest in a never ending string of incompetent decisions that the owners would do by not stepping in. There is literally no upside for him to play injured on a short week. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Who said he has structural damage?  I'm a little late to all this Becton stuff today but are there reports about what precisely his shoulder injury is....or is all this just speculation??

no one said he does. it's all speculation.

I think the fact that the MRI results turned into him being a maybe for Thursday suggests there is none.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Why would the Jets have put him onto the field for limited participation if he was in danger of getting hurt again?

"Limited participation" is a common designation that can mean a wide range of things in terms of what activities a player participates in.  All it means for sure is he wouldn't have been a no-show at practice today, and he also wouldn't have participated in all the usual activities in a normal week. 

A player who logs "limited" practices in a given week is pretty much always given the "Questionable" tag leading up to gameday.

Again, I don't trust this training staff at all and neither should you.  If he fails to log a full practice today or tomorrow, the best option is to err on the side of caution and hold him out of a meaningless game on short rest.  There is almost zero to be gained by playing hurt and a LOT to lose when it comes to our most important asset on the roster.

This really isn't that complicated.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

"Limited participation" is a common designation that can mean a wide range of things in terms of what activities a player participates in.  All it means for sure is he wouldn't have been a no-show at practice today, and he also wouldn't have participated in all the usual activities in a normal week. 

A player who logs "limited" practices in a given week is pretty much always given the "Questionable" tag leading up to gameday.

Again, I don't trust this training staff at all and neither should you.  If he fails to log a full practice today or tomorrow, the best option is to err on the side of caution and hold him out of a meaningless game on short rest. 

Then why play at all?  Sounds like you're moving towards the SAR I approach of forfeiting games.  If Joe Douglas trusts the training staff but he shouldn't then we have a big problem!

There is almost zero to be gained by playing hurt and a LOT to lose when it comes to our most important asset on the roster.

This really isn't that complicated.

I agree, it's not complicated.  If he's hurt but not injured he should play.  Are you suggesting that anybody with a boo-boo shouldn't play and it would be too much of a risk?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Douglas has to step in and absolutely demand that Becton sits out this game.

A game we'd be better off losing. Gase will be pushing him to play because he's the only one who'll f*cking benefit from a win.

The Jets are perfectly capable of losing with becton playing. We have no clue what is going on with his shoulder. If there's no damage there's no reason he shouldn't play.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Then why play at all?  Sounds like you're moving towards the SAR I approach of forfeiting games.  

Jeeezus.

Fine, that's exactly what I'm saying.  Let's send no one out there.  No matter how many times I explain my position this is you and Barry's interpretation.  We're done here.

• Haha 1