TMAC

Why Wait Until Thursday?

College and the NFL are two different animals. Tons of more talented college quarterbacks that didn't amount to anything in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

Gase is a dear in the headlights. He'll coach Thursday. Lose that game I'm pretty sure he'll get fired or resign. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

Gase is a dear in the headlights. He'll coach Thursday. Lose that game I'm pretty sure he'll get fired or resign. 

How about Jets end up winning the Thursday game because of all the players coming back from IR and the fact that the Broncos are a mess as well, and that buys Gase at least another few weeks...if not the rest of the season. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Gooch said:

Does anyone think Thursday is a winnable game?

I don’t think we will be favored in a single game all season and I expect to get blown out until proven otherwise 

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

Apparently there meeting tonight 

No way they do it on a short week... if they lose Thursday ( very distinct possibility) maybe- because it’s almost a bye week when you play Thursday.

Go Denver!! Not that it makes any difference whatsoever this year- but at least we get a clean slate next year.

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Source??????

Cat Please GIF by Atinum

Oh nvm the source posted was fake

I mean..... Let’s be honest... I’d be willing to bet no one wants Gase fired more than Gase does at this point. He gets to keep his money and walk away. Gotta even suck for him too. I mean. HE even knows this team sucks balls.. I also hope he’s smart with his money... chances are- he never works in the NFL ever again after back to back sh*tshows. 

42 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

I doubt Gase has the self-awareness or humility to resign. He will have to be pushed. 

41 minutes ago, PepPep said:

How about Jets end up winning the Thursday game because of all the players coming back from IR and the fact that the Broncos are a mess as well, and that buys Gase at least another few weeks...if not the rest of the season. 

i dont think any of those guys can come back before week 5...they were all put on IR week prior to week 2. that being said Broncos are a mess...so...yeah.

there is a very simple reason they will likely try to keep him as long as possible...they have no replacement. he came with his own clown OC...so unless u are angling for jim bob cooter or whatever his name is for OC...yeah...

49 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

are you kidding ??? CJ will probably give him an extension... 

Does anyone think Thursday is a winnable game?
I think Thursday is very winnable. There are two teams that look as bad or worse than us and that's the giants and denver.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, k-met57 said:

there is a very simple reason they will likely try to keep him as long as possible...they have no replacement. he came with his own clown OC...so unless u are angling for jim bob cooter or whatever his name is for OC...yeah...

But that is a viable option.

Jim Bob Cooter has experience running an NFL offense. He’s capable. You can’t keep being non competitive every week. It’s unsustainable. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

But that is a viable option.

Jim Bob Cooter has experience running an NFL offense. He’s capable. You can’t keep being non competitive every week. It’s unsustainable. 

yeah maybe, i looked him up...he was the lions OC for 3 years....couldnt be worse then froto

Not a fan of Gase at all but Shouldn’t fire him now. Gotta see what he can do with some of the offensive players coming back from IR. If there is no improvement then I would personally pack up his copy of the book How to Win Friends and Influence People and all the other stuff in his office load it in my car and drive him to the bus station to see him off 

1 hour ago, Lil Bit Special said:

No practice time for new coach. Fire Gase Thursday then you get lots of practice time

Would it really make a difference. Thought not.

Adam Gase will be the first coach fired during the season by the Johnson family. I think he'll get fired after the nationally televised Thursday night slaughter in Denver.

Look, I think Gase is a horrible coach and needs to go. But it is not all his fault. You can't draft like sh*t for five years and expect to win. Someone posted in another thread our latest round of draft picks. 3 or 4 of these picks have to produce at some level for the team to show improvement. I know it's only three games, but there have been too many of these type drafts.

You pull the plug NOW. You send a message to EVERY player on this team, even JD and make a the statement that this crap is unacceptable. You start the search NOW. Due diligence and scour the planet to be the next HC. Then you clean house after the season. Let JD pick his own coach but only after a meticulous search. CJ needs to trust JD and stop relying on these know it alls outside the organization.