For the love of God, PLEASE FIRE ADAM GASE NOW!

Dcat

Dear Chris & Woody,

Please do what needs to be done.  If you really feel you have to wait until Friday, fine, but get it done now.  Stop worrying about your image of getting everything wrong, even though such image is 100% true.  Now is your chance to change that.

No more Gase!

Sincerely,
Jets fans who care

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Poor tackling is quitting. Failure to execute is quitting. These things take “effort”. Lack of effort is quitting.

On defense, yes, I could be convinced that the multitude of veteran players may have quit on Gregg Williams.  

On offense, I see a bunch of young XFL caliber players getting a chance at NFL playing time trying very hard to succeed but being undermined by a bad quarterback and their own lack of talent.  

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

On defense, yes, I could be convinced that the multitude of veteran players may have quit on Gregg Williams.  

On offense, I see a bunch of young XFL caliber players getting a chance at NFL playing time trying very hard to succeed but being undermined by a bad quarterback and their own lack of talent.  

SAR I

Can't you also contribute this to that the offense stinks and the jets D is frustrated. Darnold gifted them 14 points no fire or desire no emotion it's a lifeless zero confidence team on both sides of the ball. From gase to Williams both should be fired 

Edited by Jetsbaby93
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Poor tackling is quitting. Failure to execute is quitting. These things take “effort”. Lack of effort is quitting.

The difference as the game went on was stark. I know guys tire, but you could see the heads had gone down and basic tackling technique and effort was going out the window.

3 minutes ago, Jetsbaby93 said:

Can't you also contribute this to that the offense stinks and the jets D is frustrated. Darnold gifted them 14 points no fire or desire no emotion it's a lifeless zero confidence team on both sides of the ball. From gase to Williams both should be fired 

I would buy into the “frustrated D” theory but I see more of the frustrated O here.  

The first two games we were down multiple scores immediately, it was the D that didn’t show up, it was the D that put extra pressure on the O as they were immediately in catch-up mode being down 21 points before they could blink.  Can’t try to establish a patient ground game down 3 TD’s.

We fire neither Gase nor Williams.  We ride it out.  It’s not like we’re a Super Bowl contender a coach away from glory.  We have beaten 1 winning team since 2012. Our problem is roster neglect and it precedes the current staff who inherited the messes of others and hasn’t had the time to be held accountable.

SAR I  

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I would buy into the “frustrated D” theory but I see more of the frustrated O here.  

The first two games we were down multiple scores immediately, it was the D that didn’t show up, it was the D that put extra pressure on the O as they were immediately in catch-up mode being down 21 points before they could blink.  Can’t try to establish a patient ground game down 3 TD’s.

We fire neither Gase nor Williams.  We ride it out.  It’s not like we’re a Super Bowl contender a coach away from glory.  We have beaten 1 winning team since 2012. Our problem is roster neglect and it precedes the current staff who inherited the messes of others and hasn’t had the time to be held accountable.

SAR I  

Wait a damn minute the NY Jets are 3-0!!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I  

But sometimes coaching change can bring a spark. And I cant buy they cant be held accountable gase had two years to bulid a roster to see what direction he wanted to go. The guys he and jd brought in dont look like anything. It also goes back to the fins with gase he isnt a good evaluator of talent and he just gets rid of talent. They fire gase and the fins arrow is shooting up 

26 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

He is counting on our terrible team to beat an equally terrible team on Thursday then he can say look gase is a good coach. Gase will not be fired until the end of the season atleast.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Johnsons also don’t want to have to pay 3 HCs for the remainder of the year. Revenues down across league and we know what Johnsons goal is...

scrooge mcduck GIF

19 minutes ago, Jetsbaby93 said:

But sometimes coaching change can bring a spark. And I cant buy they cant be held accountable gase had two years to bulid a roster to see what direction he wanted to go. The guys he and jd brought in dont look like anything. It also goes back to the fins with gase he isnt a good evaluator of talent and he just gets rid of talent. They fire gase and the fins arrow is shooting up 

Agreed, but there is no spark possible with an offensive roster this bereft of talent, and on D we don't want to give up on Gregg yet.

The best course of action is to wait until our offensive starters are back, Darnold has a full compliment of NFL receivers, and Gase has a chance to show we can move the ball with a balanced approach.  If at that time, after a few games with a bunch of healthy guys back, the team still isn't producing and isn't energized, then you go for the 'spark'.  Wasting the opportunity to jump-start the team when they have a legitimate reason for being this bad with all the injuries wouldn't be smart.

SAR I

14 hours ago, FlightBoyz said:

I think Gase may quit. He feels the pressure & knows it'll get worse.

Never. If he quits he doesn't get paid. He will ride it out as long as Dumb and Dumber don't have the brains or the balls to fire him, because if he is fired he gets paid until his contract is up (after 2021 season, I believe).

11 hours ago, MykePM said:

Gase needs to be to be let go during the season - early in the season - to see if Sam can turn it around without his negative influence.  It's the only way to scientifically isolate whether the problem is Gase, Sam, or both.  I can understand not firing him on a short week, but all bets are off come Friday.

This. Look, I admit I've been a Sam supporter but even I am losing confidence that Sam can be the answer. But if we go through the season with Gase then we will give up on Sam without ever attempting to see what Sam can do without the boat anchor that is Gase.

Fire Gase NOW and let Cooter work with Sam for the rest of the season. Even if we draft a QB next year, if Cooter can show that Sam is at least a serviceable NFL QB then he will be worth a lot more in a trade. Right now you won't get anything for him.

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

He is counting on our terrible team to beat an equally terrible team on Thursday then he can say look gase is a good coach. Gase will not be fired until the end of the season atleast.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

That justification is so flimsy even a pampered billionaire like Johnson wouldn't buy it.  That dog won't hunt.  And even if they do win it will look so bad that it will be obvious to everybody that Gase is still toast.

1 hour ago, Jetsbaby93 said:

After the initial pick 6, Darnold puts together a nice game tying TD drive. What does the rested D do then , they let the Cols march right down the field for the go ahead score - This D sucks as does the offense . 

We are about to learn something about JD:

1. He puts his money where his mouth is and fires Gase, showing that his desire to "build the best culture in sports" does not include allowing abject failure without consequences

2. He does nothing - in which case his "best culture in sports" comment was lip-service or (even worse) Johnson is still pulling the strings and JD doesn't have the authority we all hoped he would.

Dear Mr Johnson,
Do you not care how much we are suffering?  You admitted you were wrong in retaining Mac.  Are you going to make the same mistake twice?  Seriously?
If you care anything at all for Jets fans, you will announce tomorrow morning that gase has been removed.  God help us if you don't.
Sincerely,
Jets fans in Anguish

Why would a bunch of billionaires give a sh*t about the suffering of randoms as long as they make more money?

The Johnsons have never given a sh*t about winning as long as the Jets continue to be tops in the league in attendance

33 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Why would a bunch of billionaires give a sh*t about the suffering of randoms as long as they make more money?

The Johnsons have never given a sh*t about winning as long as the Jets continue to be tops in the league in attendance

Probably true.

Nevertheless, the heat needs to be applied to get rid of Gase.  He has probably already ruined any chance Darnold ever had of developing.  He has to go.  And immediately.  Within 12 hours of the upcoming embarrasing loss to a hobbled Broncos team.

18 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Gase was hired to do mission impossible, Darnold was never going to be the guy.

And yet Gase chose to accept that mission, and has failed in that mission.  If Gase is the “quarterback guru” that he was rumored to be, he should have recognized that Sam was not an NFL starting QB and either not taken the job or demanded a replacement.  

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, MykePM said:

And yet Gase chose to accept that mission, and has failed in that mission.  If Gase is the “quarterback guru” that he was rumored to be, he should have recognized that Sam was not an NFL starting QB and either not taken the job or demanded a replacement.  

Gase took the job and began cleaning house right away.

Macc's gone because of him.

Joe Douglas is here because of him.

Christopher Johnson came out after week 1 heralding Gase as a genius.

How do you know he did not recognize that Sam was not an NFL starting QB and demand his replacement?

Sam may be next to go.

2 hours ago, jgb said:

We are about to learn something about JD:

1. He puts his money where his mouth is and fires Gase, showing that his desire to "build the best culture in sports" does not include allowing abject failure without consequences

2. He does nothing - in which case his "best culture in sports" comment was lip-service or (even worse) Johnson is still pulling the strings and JD doesn't have the authority we all hoped he would.

Except that he can't. Gase reports to CJ, as does JD. JD has no authority to fire Gase. Why do people on this board keep saying JD should fire Gase? Even if he wanted to he can't. Does NOT have the authority.

• Upvote 1

Dear Johnson brothers,

All right I get it. There's a Thurs night game and you really didn't want to fire the coach leading to it.  So if the plan is to fire this 'Kotite' on Friday morning, I'm fine with that. 

Much appreciated from a devoted Jets fan since 1966.

Dcat