Would you rather; Fire Gase now/later impact on draft

Paradis

When do you fire Gase? Before or After we lock up #1  

77 members have voted

1. 1. When do you fire him

• Now. Don’t care, get him out.
    • Eh, let him keep diggin the hole, I want that 1st pick

Burn your bridge with gase and hope darnold is what you thought he was and was not being held back by gase.
Darnold being the real deal is better than drafting a guy who you hope is what you thought darnold could have been. If darnold sucks the rest of the season you draft lawrence...if darnold shows a glimmer of hope you give him tools next year and move foward

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Heart says there has to be consequences for this brand of suck if you ever want to be a respectable organization.

Head says this season is over anyway might as well let him suck us to Lawrence.

Are their consequences for the man behind the suck, Chris Johnson? This is why he needs to announce that JD will be hiring the new head coach on his own and has 100% control of the coach and roster. The NFL needs to know that the Jets are actually serious. Anything short of this, is a complete failure and on ownership. So I fully expect them to f*ck things up. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Are their consequences for the man behind the suck, Chris Johnson? This is why he needs to announce that JD will be hiring the new head coach on his own and has 100% control of the coach and roster. The NFL needs to know that the Jets are actually serious. Anything short of this, is a complete failure and on ownership. So I fully expect them to f*ck things up. 

CJ is bored. They don't have anything else like an actual business to run. Woody will be in same boat after returning from his UK holiday. They'll never hand over the keys to their Barbie Ferrari and let someone else drive.

• Upvote 1

One word. GONE! They would be idiots (I'm pretty sure the Johnsons are) to keep him. I dont bitch much but this is bad. I have a feeling Gase is one of those coaches that that thinks by taking it easy on the players during practice he will get more out of them during the game. To think that Sam could have been great and is now suffering due to the coaching staff and players around him. ******* HORRIBLE. I dont blame Sam at all, I'd be nailing every chick I could find (kissing them passionately) on the lips hoping I caught mono for the 2nd time and sitting a few weeks out. At this point there should be an userstanding between ownership and players that we won't win a game this season. Keep sam, draft Lawrence and if sam pans out under new leadership, trade Lawrence.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Are you willing to sit through more of this just To lock up the first pick - cause we certainly will with him. 

or Fck all that, kill him now and let us see if that makes a difference (and it will) 

I can't take all of the losing anymore. As someone who is always pro tank when the season is over I hope they sh*tcan him tonight. It's only three games but this is worse than 1996.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

This is sickening!

I am tired of being the Joke of  the league!

We go on TV and get embarrassed like this, it is disgusting.

Why wait??

What are we waiting for? Gase didn't leave Miami VOLUNTARILY he was fired for INCOMPETENCE!!

Getting rid of Bowles was the right decision because he wasn't a good HC and Gase is WORSE!  The offense is WORSE.  These blowouts are worse!!

Enough is enough already!!!

Finally if you were starting a team from scratch and you had TEN COACHES in the NFL to choose from to be your HC ; Gase IMO wouldn't be in the top 15!!!

And if that is true, why is he the HC OF YOUR TEAM!!!

• Upvote 2

You have to get rid of him now, for no other reason than to see if Gase is holding Darnold back or if Darnold is independently bad. Johnson said there was no playoff mandate and that the staff would judged on how the team is progressing and the team is regressing beyond a shadow of a doubt. This team does not respond to Gase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2