Sign in to follow this  
Skeptable

I actually

want Rex back... Sure they lost games they should have won and Rex was terrible with in game management.  But that was the last time the Jets won games that they had no business winning. Paired with JD building from the core, I think he would breathe life back into Darnold. Let him be a gun slinger. He would just need a good OC. 

I never thought I would want that blow hard back... But it is literally the last time this team won a good game. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

want Rex back... Sure they lost games they should have won and Rex was terrible with in game management.  But that was the last time the Jets won games that they had no business winning. Paired with JD building from the core, I think he would breathe life back into Darnold. Let him be a gun slinger. He would just need a good OC. 

I never thought I would want that blow hard back... But it is literally the last time this team won a good game. 

I want the offensive line, Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, the running game, Dustin Keller and the defense. 

• Upvote 1

We might get lucky if the Eagles continue to stink it up.  Their fans are probably really upset they could only pull off a tie against the Bengals today.  They're 0-2-1 now. If they fire Pederson, I'd happily give him a chance here.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Rex is not a HC in this league.

I think he learned from his mistakes, I think his next shot might be the one... He took the team within 2 halves of 2 SBs... what other coach even came remotely that close and he did it with an average QB... give him a real QB... maybe he wins a SB and then he never would have been fired and been the king of NY.

I would definitely take Rex back. He has familiarity with this front office from his time in Baltimore. It seems like a perfect fit actually.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Rex is not a HC in this league.

And the Jets aren't a football team in this league.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I would definitely take Rex back. He has familiarity with this front office from his time in Baltimore. It seems like a perfect fit actually.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Ya know, it's that realization that you weren't doing that ugly girl a favor by bringing her to the prom, you just deserve each other.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Rex was a great defensive coach and won a bunch of games here.  The only way you let him coach this team is if you tell him to keep his chubby hands away from Darnold and bring in a promising YOUNG offensive mind in to run the offense.  Rex's ground and pound mentality is old news now. 

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

Gase as far as running the entire team and instilling confidence can't hold REX RYAN'S SWEATY LEAKING JOCK STRAP!!!

Rex took full responsibility for what happened to the Jets, still says he loves the Jets and took us to TWO AFC CHAMPIOSHIP GAMES! Gase is having a hard time getting us two good games and takes NO RESPONSIBILITY for ANYTHNG!

And Schotty did a far better job of developing Sanchez than Gase is doing with Darnold.  Gase should have never been HIRED!!!

And Rex probably shouldn't be the Jets HC again!

• Like 1

If we finally got rid of Mac only to bring Rex back the next year T0m would be driven into a catatonic state.

Let's do it 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Walk into the ocean, losers.

Don't be too hard on them, one of the Jets fan stages of grieving is pining over a former coach because the new one is so unfathomably worse.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

We could do a lot worse. Wouldn't mind him as an interim HC if he'd take it. 

Lol. Nice but. He’s no way going to leave the “cushy” ESPN gig for an end interim. 
at this point it’s Williams or Vitt until season is over

Bring the whole f*cking band back together I say and let the good times roll. 

Sanchez as OC. Westhoff back on Specials. @Aten as head scout. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Bring the whole f*cking band back together I say and let the good times roll. 

Sanchez as OC. Westhoff back on Specials. @Aten as head scout. 

Oh yes.  Such great times we had from Week 14, 2011 thru 2014.  And then the Bills in 2015-16.  They had wonderful times as well.

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

Rex's ground and pound mentality is old news now. 

Choon. Give me Ground and Pound coupled with a dominant Defense and that will always be a winning combination in the NFL. 

3 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Choon. Give me Ground and Pound coupled with a dominant Defense and that will always be a winning combination in the NFL. 

For a bit, sure.  But it won't win you a title.  The Titans and 49ers found that out last season.  The rules aren't in place to favor ground & pound.

And where is our "dominant defense" coming from, exactly?  We have no pass rushers, no Corners, and our Linebackers are slow as sh*t.  

It's 2020.  Time to go where the NFL is going.  

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh yes.  Such great times we had from Week 14, 2011 thru 2014.  And then the Bills in 2015-16.  They had wonderful times as well.

I mean compared to now. Yeah.

Just now, Irish Jet said:

I mean compared to now. Yeah.

No, not really.  2012-2014 was no more enjoyable than what is going on now.  Especially since we'd tasted some success and then lost it.  

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For a bit, sure.  But it won't win you a title.  The Titans and 49ers found that out last season.  The rules aren't in place to favor ground & pound.

And where is our "dominant defense" coming from, exactly?  We have no pass rushers, no Corners, and our Linebackers are slow as sh*t.  

It's 2020.  Time to go where the NFL is going.  

Dominant lines will be gained with smart drafting and free agent 

1 minute ago, CSNY said:

Dominant lines will be gained with smart drafting and free agent 

Once we switch to a 4-3, perhaps.  Enough with this 3-4 garbage.  

And even then, having great players in the trenches does not automatically mean you go ground & pound.  The Chiefs are excellent at the point of attack, too.

6 minutes ago, CSNY said:

You'll win games but it's hard to win the big one.  At some point your QB needs to be able to put a game on his shoulders.  Rex would never allow that to happen.  

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, not really.  2012-2014 was no more enjoyable than what is going on now.  Especially since we'd tasted some success and then lost it.  

I mean the games actually mattered. They hurt more only because we weren't in the docile state we've been beaten into now. 

Rex shares some of the blame for the roster getting weaker, but he overperformed with the roster he had in all but one year with us. Even in the butt fumble year we were a Stephen Hill drop away from winning in Foxboro. 

Sadly it aint happening. There's as much chance of us bringing back Herm.