How much?

k-met57

Cut the check. Who cares the money is way out of control anyway.  Hire the guy. Tell them Joe D is the GM and they will report to Douglas.  Let’s go and stop wasting time. 

if you’re going to get a new coach- and we should - ******* A go all in. Write that check. Get Riley, Myer, Harbaugh, Kiffin - Shanahan. Whoever the **** it is just get a guy that will not kill our next QB the way Gase has put Sam in a coffin- killed his confidence and made him look lost ( Where’s Jeremy Bates )....

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Why not?

We were willing to give personnel control over to Idzik and Macc, but Lincoln Riley is a no? 

Riley has never worked in the NFL at any level whatsoever. 

Both Mac and Idzik at least worked in NFL personnel departments for a very long time before they got their shots as GMs. 

I want Riley personally, but he isnt getting total control. 

34 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Riley has never worked in the NFL at any level whatsoever. 

Both Mac and Idzik at least worked in NFL personnel departments for a very long time before they got their shots as GMs. 

I want Riley personally, but he isnt getting total control. 

Look at the players he recruited and developed at Oklahoma and how they've played in the NFL. 

That already makes him more qualified than any other GM we've had since Parcells. 

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Look at the players he recruited and developed at Oklahoma and how they've played in the NFL. 

That already makes him more qualified than any other GM we've had since Parcells. 

I agree with you that he has a killer track record of player development and could probably do it. 

But its VERY rare for a college coach to get that in the NFL in his first gig. 

29 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I agree with you that he has a killer track record of player development and could probably do it. 

But its VERY rare for a college coach to get that in the NFL in his first gig. 

True but he has no reason to leave oklahoma. He's enormously successful and making a fortune.

You're going to need to give him more than money to get him to come here 

3 hours ago, JTJet said:

Nobody is giving Lincoln Riley personnel control with his first NFL coaching gig. 

Didn't Chip Kelly have full control? Yes it was a complete flop but I thought it did. If it is just money and he will work with JD just give him the biggest contract ever and hope it works.