Will A HC Change Help Sam?

More Cowbell

2 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

No, Sam said Gase put together a perfect game plan today and that they failed to execute it.

So you either take him at his word or he's a liar. 

What's Darnold supposed to say?  That is coach is pure trash and he can't wait to play for someone else?  C'mon man. Darnold is going thru the motions and is saying what any loyal player is going to say.  

A coaching change will hopefully have him working with a HC that will actually help him develop his skills and hone his talent.  Even if that doesn't happen and it turns out that Darnold is NOT a franchise QB, at least the Jets did what they could, better late than never, to help him. They'll be spinning their wheels as long as Gase is the coach.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I see no reason to make any changes that will not directly help Sam improve. Does getting rid of Gase and making Williams HC for the rest of the season help Sam?

I think getting rid of Gase will help Sam bc i think Gase is a terrible playcaller. Jim Bob Cooter at least has led a top 10 offense as OC. I think it could help in the same way it helped Mayfield when they made GW an interim HC in Cleveland. This sh*t surely isn't working. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

What's Darnold supposed to say?  That is coach is pure trash and he can't wait to play for someone else?  C'mon man. Darnold is going thru the motions and is saying what any loyal player is going to say.  

A coaching change will hopefully have him working with a HC that will actually help him develop his skills and hone his talent.  Even if that doesn't happen and it turns out that Darnold is NOT a franchise QB, at least the Jets did what they could, better late than never, to help him. They'll be spinning their wheels as long as Gase is the coach.

Whatever, if that's the case he's pouring it on too thick. If he's full of sh*t he's making himself look bad. He could say we'll go over film, we will regroup, we have to come up with something, we have to be better, bla bla bla. But he says the plan was perfect for them and they failed to execute it.

23 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

No, Sam said Gase put together a perfect game plan today and that they failed to execute it.

So you either take him at his word or he's a liar. 

He's not going to criticize his HC, nor should we want him to.  Sam is a good kid.  I think he's very talented but he was handed an absolute trainwreck.  I think he's being ruined by this crappy franchise.  I hope he can recover (and do it while still with the Jets).  I could absolutely seeing him succeed in a place like Pittsburgh and we'll really be kicking ourselves.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He's not going to criticize his HC, nor should we want him to.  Sam is a good kid.  I think he's very talented but he was handed an absolute trainwreck.  I think he's being ruined by this crappy franchise.  I hope he can recover (and do it while still with the Jets).  I could absolutely seeing him succeed in a place like Pittsburgh and we'll really be kicking ourselves.

Well if he doesn't speak up nothing will change. What he is saying is making it worse.

"I truly believe this and the guys in the locker room feel the same way: We've been put in great positions to go out there and succeed, to go out and execute a game plan that's put together perfectly for us," said Darnold, a team captain. "It's just about us executing, that's all."

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I'm not, but what he's saying at the podium is ridiculous if it's not true.

Yes, but if you’re an owner you’re giving him pints for not making your headache worse. As face of the franchise... Part of his job is accountability, and public relations.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I see no reason to make any changes that will not directly help Sam improve. Does getting rid of Gase and making Williams HC for the rest of the season help Sam?

Of course not.  The playbook doesn't change.  The personnel doesn't change.  The entire offensive staff has been loyal to Gase for years and the players seem to love him, it could actually cause animosity.  Not to mention, once the media and gullible-fan's favorite punching bag is out of town the venom quickly falls completely on Sam's shoulders.

The proper course of action is to let the injured WR's, OL'men, and RB get healthy, roll out the offense as it was originally intended back in July, and let Gase prove himself without injuries being a part of the equation.

SAR I

• Haha 1

If you have a rank log stinking up your drawers, you don’t wallow in it because you’re afraid you might crap again. This organization needs to scrape off its greasy Underoos, wash its filthy ass, and try to pinch cheeks and avoid embarrassing itself the rest of the way.

• Sympathy 2

No, Sam's done. New coach will select a new QB. No worthwhile HC is going to take this job if Sam is forced on them which is how the Jets ended up with Gase. 

Should have been a huge alarm bell that he was willing to accept all these conditions like Darnold (even when a year ago when he was considered a promising young QB) and Greggo. Someone that desperate for the job is not going to be a good choice. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Of course not.  The playbook doesn't change.  The personnel doesn't change.  The entire offensive staff has been loyal to Gase for years and the players seem to love him, it could actually cause animosity.  Not to mention, once the media and gullible-fan's favorite punching bag is out of town the venom quickly falls completely on Sam's shoulders.

The proper course of action is to let the injured WR's, OL'men, and RB get healthy, roll out the offense as it was originally intended back in July, and let Gase prove himself without injuries being a part of the equation.

SAR I

You can't  see the forest fore the trees. He has ruined the best QB prospect the Jets have drafted since Namath. The damage is done. Sam can't  be successful  at this point. He isn't  turning this around even with a healthy team and this falls onGase who was supposed to develop our most important  asset which is why he was hired and on CJ for hiring Gase in the first place. Ueah, Gase got rid of Mac bit he ruined Darnold.  Tell me that was a good trade off. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

No, Sam's done. New coach will select a new QB. No worthwhile HC is going to take this job if Sam is forced on them which is how the Jets ended up with Gase. 

Should have been a huge alarm bell that he was willing to accept all these conditions like Darnold (even when a year ago when he was considered a promising young QB) and Greggo. Someone that desperate for the job is not going to be a good choice. 

That is total BS. The Jets HC job was thought to be a great position because they had what looked like a promising  young QB. Ot was not a negative. That is totally redic. 

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You can't  see the forest fore the trees. He has ruined the best QB prospect the Jets have drafted since Namath.

Sorry, I can't buy that. 

Darnold spent almost 4 months quarantined with his personal quarterback whisperer, Jordan Palmer, is in the same playbook for over a year, and has had every coordinator and position coach return as well.  He only had a few weeks of Jets camp and wasn't touched, he should be fresh and healthy and comfortable in this offense.  At the very least, he should be as comfortable as he was during the 6-2 run after the most focused and cushy spring/summer tailor-made for a young quarterback possible.

Darnold's regression is on Darnold.  Gase didn't "ruin" him.  And he doesn't look scared to me.  He looks stupid.  Which is worse.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

That is total BS. The Jets HC job was thought to be a great position because they had what looked like a promising  young QB. Ot was not a negative. That is totally redic. 

If you think HCs don't want to choose their own QB...I don't know what to tell you. They don't want to come into a job where they're told they need to make this guy work even if he seems promising. They want to be able to make that choice, not have it thrust upon them. 

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

If you think HCs don't want to choose their own QB...I don't know what to tell you. They don't want to come into a job where they're told they need to make this guy work even if he seems promising. They want to be able to make that choice, not have it thrust upon them. 

Gase had a 5 year contract in Miami and could have taken a few years off if he wanted to.  He took the Jets job because he liked Christopher Johnson and liked Sam Darnold. 

There is no conspiracy here.  Just a bad Idzik/Maccagnan roster that's really injured.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

That is absolute  BS. I mean what team get a new coach and then gets rid of the QB unless the guy sucked or was old. 

24 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

That is absolute  BS. I mean what team get a new coach and then gets rid of the QB unless the guy sucked or was old. 

I'll say this, not many coaches want their fate tied to a guy they didn't pick unless he's proven. If he's an 'option' then sure, but the Jets were pretty clear that Sam wasn't optional.