Will A HC Change Help Sam?

More Cowbell

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

Of course not.  The playbook doesn't change.  The personnel doesn't change.  The entire offensive staff has been loyal to Gase for years and the players seem to love him, it could actually cause animosity.  Not to mention, once the media and gullible-fan's favorite punching bag is out of town the venom quickly falls completely on Sam's shoulders.

The proper course of action is to let the injured WR's, OL'men, and RB get healthy, roll out the offense as it was originally intended back in July, and let Gase prove himself without injuries being a part of the equation.

SAR I

it could actually cause animosity: How sure are you about this? Cutting ties may actually tell everyone ( players, coaches and yeah the fanbase) that losing this is way is unacceptable and everyone is accountable.

the venom quickly falls completely on Sam's shoulders. Good! Let it happen. We need to determine once and for all if Sam is made for the NFL. Time is of the essence! 

let Gase prove himself without injuries being a part of the equation. So what if there are more/other injuries? What's the plan then? Wait for next year? A healthy team may never come. 

He better win Thursday.

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Why would they. I will ask you again, what team hired a new coach and then dumped the QB. When Gruene went to the Raiders,  did he get rid of Carr?

It was his call though. I'm not sure how you don't understand the difference between..

"If you want to keep Darnold or pursue another QB then that decision is yours."

"You will have to keep Darnold and make him the starter regardless."

50 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Here's the problem. 

Let's imagine that JD feels exactly like you do: Sam has the talent to succeed, so if we build a talented team around him and get him better coaching, he can be our Alex Smith. Ok, great. 

Is having a developing Alex Smith on the roster enough to keep you from taking one of the QBs in this draft? What if you have a chance to take Lawrence? Fields? 

Once JD goes to the offseason with a question mark at QB, he has to scout that position and consider all of his options for upgrading it. If he compares Darnold to some of the QBs in this draft class, there is no guarantee that he likes Sam more than several of them. 

With so many pieces needed on this roster, I wouldn't waste high draft capital on an Organizational Savior. I'd fire the coach this year,(today if possible), and use the rest of the year to develop Sam in the correct manner. Let him just play his strength. for Christ sake. He's had some really great moment his first two years and we've seen glimpses of a really good QB. His confidence is probably shot by now, so let's put him in the best position to be successful. We're not going to be good this year ,so let's truly see what we got.  We need high draft picks to get receivers and pass rushers and corners and a better OL.  I don't need a generational talent, I just want a handful of players that play hard week in a week out. Say what you want,the kid plays hard. Joe Montana couldn't succeed in this crappy offense ,so why would a 23 year old kid who had to learn 2 offenses in three years and listen to us bitch about how bad he is. He has had zero positive reinforcement from hardly anyone and no consistency in organization.

2 minutes ago, Big Snell said:

With so many pieces needed on this roster, I wouldn't waste high draft capital on an Organizational Savior. I'd fire the coach this year,(today if possible), and use the rest of the year to develop Sam in the correct manner. .

I respect this, but it's not just about finding a savior. If you have a chance to take a guy who you think is going to be better QB than Darnold, you take him. Especially if you are picking at the top of the draft. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I respect this, but it's not just about finding a savior. If you have a chance to take a guy who you think is going to be better QB than Darnold, you take him. Especially if you are picking at the top of the draft. 

And I respect this too, but I think we already have the goods at that position. He's had the two worst situations a kid could imagine. How about getting someone to get to the quarterback first and then the best receiver available or vice versa? Been a long time since we had either.

14 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I see no reason to make any changes that will not directly help Sam improve. Does getting rid of Gase and making Williams HC for the rest of the season help Sam?

Gase and Loggains are negative influences on Sam. So yes, getting them away from him is a benefit. I do not go with Williams at HC. He has shown almost nothing in that role and he is doing a horrendous job this year.

I make Vitt head coach. Cooter OC, and then see if there might be a good QB coach we can bring in on a temporary basis.

14 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Trolling? SAR has been trolling all of us for months with the constant defense of Gase and pointing to the cake walk we had last year in the second half of the season. And I admit I suck at typing on my phone.

And this is hilarious you decided to jump on me for calling a guy an idiot and do so in this manner when someone just called me a moron yesterday.  

Yeah I don't read every post on the site. If you show me the offending post I'd be happy to comment. 

Someone else calling you a moron doesn't then make it ok to call someone else an idiot.