JD has no idea what he’s doing

kevinc855

49 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Its a long season.  Robby was good for 4 great games a year that inflated his stats then he took a vacation for the other 12. It was the same story the last 3 years. 

Agree with the rapport thing but from RA's and Darnold's season without each other it's sure looking like the issue was the QB not the receiver. He's certainly not the second coming of Hopkins or anything, but he's a legit WR who was held back by Jets QBs. Darnold & Falk cost the duo at least a few hundred yards last year alone by missing him when he was wide open. 

Still trying to remain hopeful with Darnold, but man he's terrible. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Agree with the rapport thing but from RA's and Darnold's season without each other it's sure looking like the issue was the QB not the receiver. He's certainly not the second coming of Hopkins or anything, but he's a legit WR who was held back by Jets QBs. Darnold & Falk cost the duo at least a few hundred yards last year alone by missing him when he was wide open. 

Robbys best season was year 2 with McCown. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Problem with tanny was he went all in for a couple seasons. Any time you go all in you have to hope that you either win it all, or you drafted well enough for when you get in cap trouble.

Problem with his drafting was he traded away picks all the time and so if he didnt nail every pick we were screwed. Then that 2010 to 2020 draft happened. Complete disaster.

I updated your post. :)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Douglas knows exactly what he's doing. He's a secret genius. He knew that he had to get rid of Gase, who was responsible for getting him hired and the favored son of Chris Johnson so he knew the Jets would have to so bad that there would be no choice, but for Chris to fire Gase all the while giving Douglas the number 1 pick for him to pick a QB for the HC he actually wants.

Secret. Genius. 4d Chess. Douglas has sunk Chris Johnson's battleship. 

I'm hoping this is much advanced sarcasm...... 

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If I was a jet player I’d shoot my way out of town also. Playing for Jets depresses your next contract severely. Le’Veon threw his value into the garbage disposal by coming here. You better believe he’s a cautionary tale all agents tell their clients 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

This is rich.....”they need to keep talent they develop” 

also “get rid of Jamal” 

you guys don’t even make sense with your arguments. ?

1. Great job with the quote function, I can’t even see what you’re addressing.  In no posts did I say anything along the lines of “they need to keep talent they develop” so idk what in the world you’re quoting.

2. My stance has always been “value premium positions” and flip the luxurious ones for draft picks when they’re due for new contracts.  If that doesn’t make sense to you, it says more about you than me.

3.  For the gazillionth time, since you keep ignoring it, Jamal Adams blows in coverage and our problem isn’t stuffing the run.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

1. Great job with the quote function, I can’t even see what you’re addressing.  In no posts did I say anything along the lines of “they need to keep talent they develop” so idk what in the world you’re quoting.

2. My stance has always been “value premium positions” and flip the luxurious ones for draft picks when they’re due for new contracts.  If that doesn’t make sense to you, it says more about you than me.

3.  For the gazillionth time, since you keep ignoring it, Jamal Adams blows in coverage and our problem isn’t stuffing the run.

Right we couldn’t stop the 3rd and 31 run on week 2....

Def no issues there. 

Yeah, he should have kept adams instead of getting two first round picks which they can use to build the oline and wr core. Because with Adams the Jets would now be 0-3 instead of wait for it, 0-3. JD has presided over one off season* (covid draft and FA). This must all be his fault as he didn't draft the BPA DT or SS. Apparently the Jets have their franchise LT though, so there's that.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Yeah, he should have kept adams instead of getting two first round picks which they can use to build the oline and wr core. Because with Adams the Jets would now be 0-3 instead of wait for it, 0-3. JD has presided over one off season* (covid draft and FA). This must all be his fault as he didn't draft the BPA DT or SS. Apparently the Jets have their franchise LT though, so there's that.  

The guy who couldn’t finish the game? In week 3?

I think Douglas has a plan and feel he will be good going forward.  His 2020 draft has badly unperformed so far though, yeah all due to injuries, does not matter if that trend continues.

He has made some fundamental mistakes though and he has overestimated the vale of some parts of this team.

If he learns from these errors he will be a fine long term gm, if he doesn't he is doomed.

In the end it is all about having a significant number of your yearly picks turn out to be good to useful to very good players.

54 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

The guy who couldn’t finish the game? In week 3?

You do know that your hero jamal also could not finish the week three game do you not?

Seattle is dead freaking last in the league in yards given up about 120 more yards a game than the stinky awful jets.  Vs the pass they are an ungodly 80 yards worse than the next team on the list.

Teams have been killing seattle because they are trying to use jamal like he was used here, blitz every single play.

Things are playing out exactly as some of us thought it would.  Jamal is a factor as long as he can go forward every play and have the freedom to free lance like crazy but though that gives glory to one player it exposes the rest of the defense to big risk.

Another week or so and Seattle will be playing a passive cover two, jamal will not be making the splash plays and a year or so from now the hawks will be wondering whey thy are having to pay a box safety a huge contract and have given up lots of picks.

As  said the day the trade was made.  Ken Norton will be canned as a sacrificial lamb at the end of the year.

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, jgb said:

If I was a jet player I’d shoot my way out of town also. Playing for Jets depresses your next contract severely. Le’Veon threw his value into the garbage disposal by coming here. You better believe he’s a cautionary tale all agents tell their clients 

I don't know; you're venting and it's not like any Jets fan isn't without good reason. But did playing for the Jets for 3 of 3 years reduce Adams's value?

There aren't many examples because most of the players they've had have either been lousy, were just coming for a final cash-in, or only had another year (maybe two) of higher-end ball left in them.

Only other one of late who comes to mind is Demario Davis: his numbers went up after a few years here on his rookie deal, then the value plummeted in Cleveland, then it shot back up and then some after returning here. I guess Catanzaro also, whose value went way up after playing here, and then dropped like an anvil off a cliff quickly after he signed elsewhere. 

Hard to think of anyone else over the last few years. Maybe Henry Anderson, I guess. I'd list Robby Anderson but it's looking like the team kept his value down rather than increasing it. If Darnold hit on another 5 passes he'd have hit FA with >1000 yards and 7-8 TDs despite 25% of the games being QB'd by Falk. 

The moral of the story is the Jets suck, and haven't not-sucked for quite some time. Sorry to be the one to break it to anyone who hadn't noticed. 

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

You do know that your hero jamal also could not finish the week three game do you not?

Seattle is dead freaking last in the league in yards given up about 120 more yards a game than the stinky awful jets.  Vs the pass they are an ungodly 80 yards worse than the next team on the list.

Teams have been killing seattle because they are trying to use jamal like he was used here, blitz every single play.

Things are playing out exactly as some of us thought it would.  Jamal is a factor as long as he can go forward every play and have the freedom to free lance like crazy but though that gives glory to one player it exposes the rest of the defense to big risk.

Another week or so and Seattle will be playing a passive cover two, jamal will not be making the splash plays and a year or so from now the hawks will be wondering whey thy are having to pay a box safety a huge contract and have given up lots of picks.

As  said the day the trade was made.  Ken Norton will be canned as a sacrificial lamb at the end of the year.

Just admit the trade hasn’t worked out....

Those 2 first rounders better be pro bowlers/really good starters or the trade didn’t make sense 

10 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Right we couldn’t stop the 3rd and 31 run on week 2....

Def no issues there. 

Yeah, because that one play changed the course of the game that we were already getting blown out in by Nick Mullins and the 49ers 5th string RB.

You have absolutely zero logical answer for this so you hang your hat on one play.  Hysterical.

JD's draft seemed like a scattering of every different position with no real thought put into it. 1 WR - needed more. 1 punter - could of got him as an UFA. 1 QB - waste. 1 corner - injured. 1 pass rusher - he might never see the field. 1 safety - don't know why we haven't seen him play yet but if he can't be out McDougle its a wasted pick. 1 RB but a 40 yr old starts over him. 2 O Lineman - although it seems like only 1. Instead of trying to strengthen a position area JD picked a weird mismatch   of players that aren't helping the team win all to many games right now and not many are developing. Give it time sure but so far only the Becton pick works for me.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

JD's draft seemed like a scattering of every different position with no real thought put into it. 1 WR - needed more. 1 punter - could of got him as an UFA. 1 QB - waste. 1 corner - injured. 1 pass rusher - he might never see the field. 1 safety - don't know why we haven't seen him play yet but if he can't be out McDougle its a wasted pick. 1 RB but a 40 yr old starts over him. 2 O Lineman - although it seems like only 1. Instead of trying to strengthen a position area JD picked a weird mismatch   of players that aren't helping the team win all to many games right now and not many are developing. Give it time sure but so far only the Becton pick works for me.

What was wrong with the Mims pick?

5 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

How much has Mims played so far? and the Jets needed more that 1 WR. JD blew it!

But, what if Mims comes back in two weeks and is awesome and easily the best WR on the team? 

Will that happen - probably not. With our luck, he’ll probably miss the year with 6 consecutive Hamstring injuries, but can we at least give him a chance to get on the field?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Nailed it.....JD hasn’t proved anything yet. L

39 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

With the exception of Morgan, which may very well have been a pick to disrupt the Patriots, each pick was actually quite thought out and rational. He balanced offense and defense, focusing on areas that clearly needed shoring up, such as corner, yet done with a very conscious awareness of value for the location of the pick. Hall was a good example of that. Virtually your entire post is a complaint about unexpected injuries, which can't be put on Douglas's plate unless the player had a history of injury. Mims, for example, had no history of injury in college, nor did Davis. Noting that injured players aren't helping the team is a rather circular argument. We will only know how Douglas's draft worked out when we see these players on the field. If they never get there, the pick was a waste. For now, it's far far too early to make that claim.

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

With the exception of Morgan, which may very well have been a pick to disrupt the Patriots, each pick was actually quite thought out and rational. He balanced offense and defense, focusing on areas that clearly needed shoring up, such as corner, yet done with a very conscious awareness of value for the location of the pick. Hall was a good example of that. Virtually your entire post is a complaint about unexpected injuries, which can't be put on Douglas's plate unless the player had a history of injury. Mims, for example, had no history of injury in college, nor did Davis. Noting that injured players aren't helping the team is a rather circular argument. We will only know how Douglas's draft worked out when we see these players on the field. If they never get there, the pick was a waste. For now, it's far far too early to make that claim.

The same goobers that want Douglas fired after his first off-season slurped up Maccagnan like a $20 hooker because he gave them more seratonin boosts in April than 50mgs of Lexapro by handing out stupid contracts to players like Le’Veon Bell, Trumaine Johnson, Mosley, etc.  

They have no patience and can’t fathom that doing things their way f*cked this team so badly that we had to blow everything up, AGAIN.  They don’t want to wait for draft picks to develop.  They want AJ Green signed in free agency.  They want to give Saquon Barkley a big contract when he’s due to be a FA.  They want Dak Prescott signed if he shakes free from Dallas.  They don’t care about crippling contracts, they don’t care about proper allocation of resources, they don’t care about the fact that every team that follows this model correctly finds success when it comes to building a consistent winner; all they care about is being able to buy their washed up superstar Jets jersey to wear to Vinny the Giants fan’s poker night.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I don't know; you're venting and it's not like any Jets fan isn't without good reason. But did playing for the Jets for 3 of 3 years reduce Adams's value?

There aren't many examples because most of the players they've had have either been lousy, were just coming for a final cash-in, or only had another year (maybe two) of higher-end ball left in them.

Only other one of late who comes to mind is Demario Davis: his numbers went up after a few years here on his rookie deal, then the value plummeted in Cleveland, then it shot back up and then some after returning here. I guess Catanzaro also, whose value went way up after playing here, and then dropped like an anvil off a cliff quickly after he signed elsewhere. 

Hard to think of anyone else over the last few years. Maybe Henry Anderson, I guess. I'd list Robby Anderson but it's looking like the team kept his value down rather than increasing it. If Darnold hit on another 5 passes he'd have hit FA with >1000 yards and 7-8 TDs despite 25% of the games being QB'd by Falk. 

The moral of the story is the Jets suck, and haven't not-sucked for quite some time. Sorry to be the one to break it to anyone who hadn't noticed. 

You think this is venting? I’ll show you venting lol. Seriously though, just enjoying the humor of it all at this point. Although I do respect your opinion, I was talking about offensive players, should’ve been more clear. And there is a reason only the old washed up offensive FAs come here—word is already out—we have acknowledged for years there is a “Jets tax” we have to pay for FAs. Bell and his agent just painted themselves into a corner. The Jets are their punishment. There are consequences for bad decisions. Every agent knows the Jets are where you send you clients for one more money grab before retirement or as a desperation heave to recover a career in the toilet—if you’re a star in your prime? Nuh uh.

2 hours ago, jgb said:

You think this is venting? I’ll show you venting lol. Seriously though, just enjoying the humor of it all at this point. Although I do respect your opinion, I was talking about offensive players, should’ve been more clear. And there is a reason only the old washed up offensive FAs come here—word is already out—we have acknowledged for years there is a “Jets tax” we have to pay for FAs. Bell and his agent just painted themselves into a corner. The Jets are their punishment. There are consequences for bad decisions. Every agent knows the Jets are where you send you clients for one more money grab before retirement or as a desperation heave to recover a career in the toilet—if you’re a star in your prime? Nuh uh.

Everyone wanted an offensive coach. It's like one of those jokes where the genie grants a wish but not in the way the wisher was thinking. 

No argument on your last line. This is def where most of these guys come to coast through their big (or in the case of someone like Revis, the last big) paydays. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Everyone wanted an offensive coach. It's like one of those jokes where the genie grants a wish but not in the way the wisher was thinking.

No argument on your last line. This is def where most of these guys come to coast through their big (or in the case of someone like Revis, the last big) paydays. 

How ironic that our last two offensive coaches have had the worse offenses in Jets history? Kotite 29 of 30 in '96, and Gase dead last this year.

That genie gave us our offensive coach, alright.

How ironic that our last two offensive coaches have had the worse offenses in Jets history? Kotite 29 of 30 in '96, and Gase dead last this year.
That genie gave us our offensive coach, alright.

I could care less about offensive vs defensive . All I care about is good vs bad.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I could care less about offensive vs defensive . All I care about is good vs bad.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Need a CEO-type who knows how to identify skilled subordinates, get them working together for a common purpose, and put them in the best position to succeed. Agree that I don't care which side of the ball he came up through. Oh and he also needs the confidence to know when to get the eff out of the way and let someone else handle their own job.

Basically we need the anti-Gase.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1