• Bienemy
    • Daboll
    • Leftwich
    • Gregg Williams
    • Jason Garrett
    • Joe Brady
    • Greg Roman
    • Other

on that list, I'd go Daboll. He developed a mechanically challenged QB prone to boneheaded moves. His offense has a different look each week, he attacks a defenses weakness and makes adjustments. He seems to have a flow to calling a game. 

Jim Harbaugh would be my choice though. Guy is a head coach and has a rolodex of smart football coaches.

Mike Shanahan 

His offenses could consistently run the ball no matter who was lining up in the backfield. He has proven that he’ll tailor his offense to his players strengths and not stick square pegs into round holes. He’s one of the most well connected guys in the entire NFL landscape who has consistently put together coaching staffs with great young talent.

And before you tell me he’s too old, he’s the same age as dudes like Belichick, Carrol and Arians.

We don’t need some flash in the pan, “hot name” assistant coach.

We need a goddamn grownup who will command the room and demand respect immediately.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

4 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

on that list, I'd go Daboll. He developed a mechanically challenged QB prone to boneheaded moves. His offense has a different look each week, he attacks a defenses weakness and makes adjustments. He seems to have a flow to calling a game. 

Jim Harbaugh would be my choice though. Guy is a head coach and has a rolodex of smart football coaches.

Is Jim Harbaugh looking for a job? 

I'd be pretty happy with either Roman or Daboll. Creative playcallers that understand you have to tailor your offense to your players strengths.

Pederson, Riley, Bienemy, Harbaugh, Meyer--I don't see them landing here. The Jets never go for the high profile target.

Want: Jim Harbaugh (JD be damned)

Reason: Love him or hate him, he brings legit instant credibility and stability. Is the best coach possible for a QB. As a coach, he has won literally everywhere he has been. 

Predict: Greg Roman

Reason: Its the most Jets thing that would happen, pick the poor mans Jim Harbaugh expecting him to be Jim Harbaugh. Roman wouldnt exist if he never worked under him or his brother. It would also continue our never ending cycle of rotating GMs and coaches instead of tying them together. 

Just now, southtown24th said:

Is Jim Harbaugh looking for a job? 

I don't follow college too closely, but he hasn't beaten Ohio State which is some sort of sin close to like killing your wife there. From what I've read is that they probably won't fire him because they paid him so much money and they'd be paying him even if they fired him. 

I'd say with only 1 year remaining and an NFL team calling that would likely get them out of paying him...a mutual parting of ways might happen

10 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I don't follow college too closely, but he hasn't beaten Ohio State which is some sort of sin close to like killing your wife there. From what I've read is that they probably won't fire him because they paid him so much money and they'd be paying him even if they fired him. 

I'd say with only 1 year remaining and an NFL team calling that would likely get them out of paying him...a mutual parting of ways might happen

I bet a guy like that is too smart/savvy/shrewd to come coach the ******* Jets...

18 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Want: Jim Harbaugh (JD be damned)

Reason: Love him or hate him, he brings legit instant credibility and stability. Is the best coach possible for a QB. As a coach, he has won literally everywhere he has been. 

Predict: Greg Roman

Reason: Its the most Jets thing that would happen, pick the poor mans Jim Harbaugh expecting him to be Jim Harbaugh. Roman wouldnt exist if he never worked under him or his brother. It would also continue our never ending cycle of rotating GMs and coaches instead of tying them together. 

How would it do that if Joe Douglas gets to pick Greg Roman? 

I agree that not tying the GM and HC together has been a problem for the Jets since they fired Tannenbaum, but if Douglas gets to fire Gase and hire Roman, Roman would be his guy and you can tie them together.