• Bienemy
    • Daboll
    • Leftwich
    • Gregg Williams
    • Jason Garrett
    • Joe Brady
    • Greg Roman
    • Other

It will be a complete embarrassment to the NFL is the top QBs start making noise that they are not playing for this dumpster fire team anymore.  

Woody Johnson, who is now 20 years older than when he bought the team, needs to do two things to right the ship.

Tell Gase to promote JBC to OC and ask that he call the plays. If he refuses, fire Gase and have one of JBC or GW be interim HC.  We need to build up Darnold’s trade value so he can go to a team with a better roster, hopefully in the NFC.  

Then they need to bite the bullet and hire a better medical and training staff to start getting these players in better playing shape.  JD can be the best drafter in the NFL, but if his players can’t play we are going no where.  

Then the Johnsons need to back off from any front office function and hire someone to run the team.  They need to tell all present and future players that the Johnsons only sign off on the budgets and signings of the Team Executive.  The Team Executive will get bonuses for performance.   They then can stay in Manhattan and East Hampton and stay out of it. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, varjet said:

I think one of the things preventing the Jets from firing Gase is that they will have no choice than to hire Bienemy to replace him.  None.  

You're going to have to elaborate on that because it makes no sense. 

14 minutes ago, Jethead said:

My first pick is still to coax Ozzie Newsome out of retirement. Make him President of Football operations and let him and JD find the next coach.

If we can't do that my current 3 finalists would be Bieniemy, Daboll and Smith. Let's see how the season unfolds.

That would be an amazing idea.  Ozzie is the exact guy we need (someone who knows what he's doing and we can trust to build a legit foundation).  Unfortunately, he'd probably get a hearty laugh at the idea of working for the Johnson brothers.

11 hours ago, JTJet said:

Want: Jim Harbaugh (JD be damned)

Reason: Love him or hate him, he brings legit instant credibility and stability. Is the best coach possible for a QB. As a coach, he has won literally everywhere he has been. 

Predict: Greg Roman

Reason: Its the most Jets thing that would happen, pick the poor mans Jim Harbaugh expecting him to be Jim Harbaugh. Roman wouldnt exist if he never worked under him or his brother. It would also continue our never ending cycle of rotating GMs and coaches instead of tying them together. 

I'm not sure Michigan fans would call him a winner.

In his five years at Michigan he's 10-14 vs. top 25 teams, 2-11 against Top 10 teams.  He's 1-4 in bowl games and, most importantly, 0-5 vs. Ohio State.  All this, depsite having Top 20 recruiting classes including two in the top 5.

Harbaugh did well in his NFL stint, but at Michigan he's done nothing but beat up on far inferior teams.

Hard pass on Harbaugh

59 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That would be an amazing idea.  Ozzie is the exact guy we need (someone who knows what he's doing and we can trust to build a legit foundation).  Unfortunately, he'd probably get a hearty laugh at the idea of working for the Johnson brothers.

Make him an offer he can't refuse - Pay him $25 million/year for 5 years.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

In his five years at Michigan he's 10-14 vs. top 25 teams, 2-11 against Top 10 teams.  He's 1-4 in bowl games and, most importantly, 0-5 vs. Ohio State.  All this, depsite having Top 20 recruiting classes including two in the top 5.

Harbaugh did well in his NFL stint, but at Michigan he's done nothing but beat up on far inferior teams.

Hard pass on Harbaugh

Well.... We'd be hiring him to coach in the NFL, so....

21 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I want a head coach.  Not the next glorified coordinator that ignores the other side of the ball.  I want a real head coach that will put together a real staff.

Who's the best special teams coach right now in the league?

Toub. Do it JD.

12 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Hard pass on Harbaugh

IMO, he’s as NFL coach. He doesn’t have a personality that works particularly well with college players. 

If he had stayed in the NFL, I believe he would have had a lot more success 

13 hours ago, Jethead said:

My first pick is still to coax Ozzie Newsome out of retirement. Make him President of Football operations and let him and JD find the next coach.

If we can't do that my current 3 finalists would be Bieniemy, Daboll and Smith. Let's see how the season unfolds.

JD must be allowed to pick his coach. He needs to put his foot down here and insist or just walk off.  Can you imagine the backlash the Johnsons would get.  No one would come here. They’d have to rehire Gase. 

12 hours ago, JTJet said:

Y'all need to just stop with this Bieniemy nonsense. 

The man is Andy Reid's Dowell Logains. He is a middle man between the offensive head coach who's in control of the playbook to the QB. That's it. 

Reid developed Mahomes, who didnt even need development that much anyhow. Reid designed his own offense. Reid calls the plays. Bienemy gets the coffee just like Loggains. 

Bienemy will eventually get a job as a HC but he will bomb. There is a reason he has been passed over several times in 2-3 years. Execs interviewing him are realizing all of this to be true in the interviews when he bombs them. 

We hired Gase based on Peyton's recommendation.  Maybe Mahomes will tell the Johnson brothers that Bienemy is a brilliant offensive mind.