Thursday Night is the Jets SuperBowl

Rhg1084

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Why would you think that about Sam when you use every excuse in the book for Gase? 

Gase is responsible for 53 players and 25 coaches. 

Sam is responsible for just Sam.

The Gase equivalent of Sam's mistakes would be if Adam forgot to get to the plane on time or started practice without footballs.  Sam throws to the wrong receiver, Sam runs out of bounds instead of throwing the ball away, Sam takes a delay of game after a TV timeout, Sam can't hit the side of a barn half the time.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Yet you're very quick to blame everything on a 23 year old QB (even when the HC that you fiercely defend was brought here to develop him).

I haven't blamed Darnold until now because Darnold hasn't been playing badly in light of his youth (2018) and mono (2019).  But here today, even without decent weapons, he's making bonehead highschool mistakes and that's not on Gase.  The Jets are paying this player $20 million dollars and the least he could do is figure out how to tell the time and how to throw the ball in a straight line.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

It’s absurd that Gase’s job can possibly be saved by eeking out a victory against lowly Denver.

But I will be the biggest Bronco fan Thursday night if it means getting rid of Gase. 

If we lose Thursday we are also looking at 0-16 / 1-15, with one Miami game or some team towards the end that rests their starters being the only possibly win. 

The Giants look bad (not as pathetic as us), so we might be both tanking for Trevor.

The Giants are worse in my opinion.  The talent on 9ers right now is like what Wake Forsest puts out there on Saturdays and the Giants got run over. 

34 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, because the best time to change your coaching staff is in Week 4 with 11 players on IR/PUP including the two new bigtime playmakers who have yet to see the field at the same time yet.

If this coaching staff is no good we'll find that out in Week 17.  Until then, we wait for our injured players to return and see how the staff does with all the new pieces Joe Douglas added in the offseason.  Doing so prematurely would be one of the dumbest decisions in franchise history. 

SAR I

Wow, so Breshard Perriman is a "big time playmaker"?   I hope he doesn't read this forum, because if he does, he'll demand a raise and an extension, as all this time Breshard assumed he was a bust who had a few good performances in a pass happy offense last year.

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I haven't blamed Darnold until now because Darnold hasn't been playing badly in light of his youth (2018) and mono (2019).  But here today, even without decent weapons, he's making bonehead highschool mistakes and that's not on Gase.  The Jets are paying this player $20 million dollars and the least he could do is figure out how to tell the time and how to throw the ball in a straight line.

SAR I

Who was hired to mold Sam into an Top QB? I'll give you a hint

scared crazy eyes GIF by BBC

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Also, to call Jet fans "entitled" is one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard.

How else would you describe a group of people who can look at this team in this current condition and think Adam Gase should be successful right now?

Any objective, rational fan would see that we have a weak roster after years of neglect that's been hurt further by a series of injuries and that in order to validate that Gase is the right man for this job we need to give him a chance to prove that with the best roster we can provide him.  It's a few weeks away.

Instead, these foolish, entitled Jets fans act like this is a win-now roster and Sam Darnold is a franchise quarterback and neither is true.  We've gone down this road, on average, every 3 years for the past 40 years, this is nothing new.  What's new, God willing, is an owner who wants to get off this "FIRE XXXXX" hamster wheel and rebuild the right way.  It's painful for awhile but pays off big in the end.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, TMAC said:

I wish Woody or Chris could read this.  Die hard, loyal Jet fans praying for a blowout loss so that we can be rid of the malignant cancer otherwise known as Adam Gase.  Speaks volumes about this ownership.

gasehate.jpg

Oh, they saw all 7 of you in your counterfeit eBay jerseys, no worries, I'm sure they're still giggling.  I know I am.

Thankfully, Jets brass caters to, you know, paying customers.  And we who write the checks want the season to play out and let Gase, Gregg, and Sam have the next 14 weeks to get healthy and prove things are headed in the right direction.

You gullible knee-jerkers can go root for another team, you know.  Nothing is keeping you here.  This is going to take awhile and you clearly don't have the stomach for it.  You expect your coaches and players to be hard nosed warriors and you roll over and cry like a little pu**y when you don't get what you want right away.

SAR I

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gase is responsible for 53 players and 25 coaches. 

Sam is responsible for just Sam.

The Gase equivalent of Sam's mistakes would be if Adam forgot to get to the plane on time or started practice without footballs.  Sam throws to the wrong receiver, Sam runs out of bounds instead of throwing the ball away, Sam takes a delay of game after a TV timeout, Sam can't hit the side of a barn half the time.

SAR I

Well it's  pretty obvious you have no idea what a QB is responsible for. 

Here, I will help you out. A QB must command the huddle. That means he has to clearly convey the play called to the rest of the team. That includes protections as well as the formation. Then he is responsible  to make sure everyone is where they are supposed to be. How many times have we seen a QB directing a RB to a different side or a WR for that matter. Then there is the presnap read where he identifiies the Mike LB and sometimes he calls a different protection or play. And then there is a the snap count that needs to be clear so everything goes at the same time. Let's  not even talk about what he does after the snap. If he is not doing these things, that falls on Gase who did not prepare him.

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

How else would you describe a group of people who can look at this team in this current condition and think Adam Gase should be successful right now?

Any objective, rational fan would see that we have a weak roster after years of neglect that's been hurt further by a series of injuries and that in order to validate that Gase is the right man for this job we need to give him a chance to prove that with the best roster we can provide him.  It's a few weeks away.

Instead, these foolish, entitled Jets fans act like this is a win-now roster and Sam Darnold is a franchise quarterback and neither is true.  We've gone down this road, on average, every 3 years for the past 40 years, this is nothing new.  What's new, God willing, is an owner who wants to get off this "FIRE XXXXX" hamster wheel and rebuild the right way.  It's painful for awhile but pays off big in the end.

SAR I

The issue isn't even about winning and losing right now.  We haven't been competitive in any of the 3 games we've played in this year.  Gase has also lost by double-digits 10 of his 19 games here.  Do you think that would have been the case under a legit good HC?  I sure don't.

As for your hamster wheel rationale, how did sticking with Macc/Bowles work out for us?

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

gasehate.jpg

Oh, they saw all 7 of you in your counterfeit eBay jerseys, no worries, I'm sure they're still giggling.  I know I am.

Thankfully, Jets brass caters to, you know, paying customers.  And we who write the checks want the season to play out and let Gase, Gregg, and Sam have the next 14 weeks to get healthy and prove things are headed in the right direction.

You gullible knee-jerkers can go root for another team, you know.  Nothing is keeping you here.  This is going to take awhile and you clearly don't have the stomach for it.

SAR I

Do you think you speak on behalf of every single PSL-holder?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I can't physically bring myself to root against the Jets, but in my mind, it's hard to not think that losing is best in the long run. The first priority is to abort this coaching staff from the organization, and we if we lose Thursday, that very likely happens. 

Pretty much this. I never actively root for them to lose once we kickoff but winning this game is absolutely to the detriment of the team.

Really, the biggest concern with going 1-15 at this point is infecting the young players/draft picks etc. with the negative, losing culture. It's almost better most of them aren't playing.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Who was hired to mold Sam into an Top QB? I'll give you a hint

Adam Gase can surely help an NFL quarterback get to the next level.  By all metrics, Sam Darnold is a bad quarterback, a child in over his head struggling with high school mechanics and making college mistakes. 

Sam needs a college coach, his own personal quarterback whisperer.  Maybe someone he could have lived with for 3 months this spring doing nothing but focusing all his time and energy on football.  Wait.

SAR I

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I can't physically bring myself to root against the Jets, 

Really?? It’s so easy. Just look at that collection of fail and feels of disgust and anger surface. 

“good. I hope you all rot in hell” comes out of my mouth almost involuntarily 

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Adam Gase can surely help an NFL quarterback get to the next level.  By all metrics, Sam Darnold is a bad quarterback, a child in over his head struggling with high school mechanics and making college mistakes. 

Sam needs a college coach, his own personal quarterback whisperer.  Maybe someone he could have lived with for 3 months this spring doing nothing but focusing all his time and energy on football.  Wait.

SAR I

Sam is the best QB prospect  the Jets have drafted in decades. Adam Gase as a HC has never finished in the top half of the league in offense and made Tanny look so bad, the Fins decided to let him go in favor of Fitzpatrick which the Fin fans I know are agonizing over. Gase has done nothing his whole career except Peyton in Denver and Peyton was already a great QB when he got there. 

Sam was not this bad his first season. It isn't up to Sam to turn himself into an NFL QB. That was why Gase was hired 

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

gasehate.jpg

You gullible knee-jerkers can go root for another team, you know.  Nothing is keeping you here.  This is going to take awhile and you clearly don't have the stomach for it.  You expect your coaches and players to be hard nosed warriors and you roll over and cry like a little pu**y when you don't get what you want right away.

SAR I

Boy, you are really crossing a line here. You use to be a funny read dude. 

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Sam is the best QB prospect  the Jets have drafted in decades. Adam Gase as a HC has never finished in the top half of the league in offense and made Tanny look so bad, the Fins decided to let him go in favor of Fitzpatrick which the Fin fans I know are agonizing over. Gase has done nothing his whole career except Peyton in Denver and Peyton was already a great QB when he got there. 

Sam was not this bad his first season. It isn't up to Sam to turn himself into an NFL QB. That was why Gase was hired 

I pray that you are right.  I live to be in a world where Sam Darnold is a franchise quarterback and Adam Gase is what's holding him back.  My lord, if the fix for this team were that easy, bring it on.

Unfortunately, my gut tells me that's not the problem here.  I don't see Gase holding Sam back.  I see injuries holding both Adam and Sam back and I see Sam making dumb decisions he should have learned to avoid in high school. 

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I pray that you are right.  I live to be in a world where Sam Darnold is a franchise quarterback and Adam Gase is what's holding him back.  My lord, if the fix for this team were that easy, bring it on.

Unfortunately, my gut tells me that's not the problem here.  I don't see Gase holding Sam back.  I see injuries holding both Adam and Sam back and I see Sam making dumb decisions he should have learned to avoid in high school. 

SAR I

Sadly, he's not.   

13 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

You have direct access to nothing as a PSL owner. 

Out of the millions of Jets fans, only about 15,000 of us write checks every April to pay their bills.  If you don't think they solicit our opinions and act on them you are sadly mistaken.

I can see why you think as you do, after all, you're also genius enough to think that the Jets should be 3-0 with an Idzik/Maccagnan roster held together by painters tape.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Out of the millions of Jets fans, only about 15,000 of us write checks every April to pay their bills.  

I can see why you think as you do, after all, you're also genius enough to think that the Jets should be 3-0 with an Idzik/Maccagnan roster held together by painters tape.

SAR I

I write a check to them too buddy, as does my brother and friends who are PSL owners. You’re just a clown who thinks he’s better than other Jets fans cause you’re a PSL owner 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

I write a check to them too buddy, as does my brother and friends who are PSL owners. You’re just a clown who thinks he’s better than other Jets fans cause you’re a PSL owner 

I'm better than other Jets fans because I'm smart, not because I'm a PSL owner.

Adam Gase and Joe Douglas are new to the team and were brought here and partnered to turn us around.  10 years of bad drafts and GM neglect take more than a single year to correct, sorry.  The revolving door of head coaches brought about by knee-jerk overreacting fans and media whores is over.  We all have to take our medicine.  Now is that time.

SAR I

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Prior to the season you said Sam was the top QB in the division and one of the top QBs in the conference.

• Haha 2