What is wrong with Christopher Johnson?

TMAC

I don't know anyone, with the exception of Peyton Manning (who clearly doesn't give a s%$$t about the Jets and had a conflict of interest), who felt good about the hiring of Adam Gase.  Yet, Chris Johnson couldn't hire him fast enough after Gase was fired by the Dolphins.  It reminded me of Leon Hess' hiring of Rich Kotite after he was fired by the Eagles (Kotite lost his last 7 games with a fairly good team).  It just didn't make any sense.  It was patently stupid.  Now that we are three games into Gase's second season, it is abundantly obvious that he is not the answer.  The team is uncompetitive and incompetent both offensively and defensively.  No passion.  No great effort.  No heart.  It is painful to watch. Sickening.  Chris Johnson should admit his mistake and get rid of Gase today.  No reason to wait.  Nothing more to see.  He owes it to Sam Darnold to give this kid a chance before he is completely destroyed.  If you love the Jets.  If you love football.  If you were truly a fan, Mr. Johnson, you would pull the trigger today.  Unfortunately, I don't think Chris Johnson is a fan.  I don't think he really cares about wins or losses.  And that's what's wrong with Chris Johnson.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

It's incompetence. That's the story that's plagued this franchise forever.

If the Jets beat Denver on Thursday CJ will overlook all the bad that's taken place under Gase and cling to that one game as a reason to keep Gase and move forward. How does that make any sense? 

Absolutely?

Chris and Woody are dumb trust fund babies who meddle in football decisions and have sunk this franchise 

For all the crap Dolan gets and all of it deserved he has a good record as owner of the Rangers, he’s actually a good businessman and the Knicks are in a better situation than both the Jets and Giants currently (yes, not saying much)

Dolan > Johnsons

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, TMAC said:

Now that we are three games into Gase's second season, it is abundantly obvious that he is not the answer. 

Why?  Because he can't get XFL-caliber WR's to play like NFL stars?  Because he can't get his quarterback to stop making Pop Warner mistakes that should have been corrected when he was in high school?  Because John Idzik and Mike Maccagnan were talentless hacks?  Because Kelechi Osemele, Jamal Adams, and CJ Mosely are selfish?

Christopher Johnson is doing exactly what we've wanted the Jets to do for years-  get a GM and a HC in place who support each other and work together to build a winner the right way.  Through the draft, starting with the lines.

The downside to doing it the right way is that it's painful for the first few years.  So man up and deal with it.  Impatience is not part of the solution.  It's always been the problem.

SAR I

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, TMAC said:

I don't know anyone, with the exception of Peyton Manning (who clearly doesn't give a s%$$t about the Jets and had a conflict of interest), who felt good about the hiring of Adam Gase.  Yet, Chris Johnson couldn't hire him fast enough after Gase was fired by the Dolphins.  It reminded me of Leon Hess' hiring of Rich Kotite after he was fired by the Eagles (Kotite lost his last 7 games with a fairly good team).  It just didn't make any sense.  It was patently stupid.  Now that we are three games into Gase's second season, it is abundantly obvious that he is not the answer.  The team is uncompetitive and incompetent both offensively and defensively.  No passion.  No great effort.  No heart.  It is painful to watch. Sickening.  Chris Johnson should admit his mistake and get rid of Gase today.  No reason to wait.  Nothing more to see.  He owes it to Sam Darnold to give this kid a chance before he is completely destroyed.  If you love the Jets.  If you love football.  If you were truly a fan, Mr. Johnson, you would pull the trigger today.  Unfortunately, I don't think Chris Johnson is a fan.  I don't think he really cares about wins or losses.  And that's what's wrong with Chris Johnson.

Want something worse ? The Jets hired Walt Micheal's who took them within 1 game of the Super Bowl (got cheated by Don Shula mud bowl) with an incredibly talented roster and the best Offensive and defensive lines in the NFL along with stacked skill players and handed that to Joe Walton who resided over one of the most talented rosters in the NFL for most of the 80's was hated by the fans with the JOE MUST GO chants and Leon Hess did nothing for 7 LOOOOONG years. This was the worst time for me because I knew this team was a good HC away from winning Multiple SB's and we kept Joe Nose Pickin Walton

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Want something worse ? The Jets hired Walt Micheal's who took them within 1 game of the Super Bowl (got cheated by Don Shula mud bowl) with an incredibly talented roster and the best Offensive and defensive lines in the NFL along with stacked skill players and handed that to Joe Walton who resided over one of the most talented rosters in the NFL for most of the 80's was hated by the fans with the JOE MUST GO chants and Leon Hess did nothing for 7 LOOOOONG years. This was the worst time for me because I knew this team was a good HC away from winning Multiple SB's and we kept Joe Nose Pickin Walton

Same here, Smash.  

And the next-worst thing that happened was sticking with Rex Ryan and getting rid of Brian Schottenheimer, Mike Tannenbaum, and Mark Sanchez.  Punted the best GM, OC, and QB of the last 50 years to keep a media-friendly buffoon that the Jets burpers and farters could 'relate' to.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Why?  Because he can't get XFL-caliber WR's to play like NFL stars?  Because he can't get his quarterback to stop making Pop Warner mistakes that should have been corrected when he was in high school?  Because John Idzik and Mike Maccagnan were talentless hacks?  Because Kelechi Osemele, Jamal Adams, and CJ Mosely are selfish?

Christopher Johnson is doing exactly what we've wanted the Jets to do for years-  get a GM and a HC in place who support each other and work together to build a winner the right way.  Through the draft, starting with the lines.

The downside to doing it the right way is that it's painful for the first few years.  So man up and deal with it.  Impatience is not part of the solution.  It's always been the problem.

SAR I

Agreed.

This fan base was all for the dumping of all our talent and signing back-ups to replace them.

Now, when we have the worst roster is the NFL,  which was obvious to anyone paying attention, it’s somehow the coaches fault?

This is the total rebuild everyone was calling for and claiming our GM a genius for doing it.

I don’t think Gase is doing anything to help the situation but you are 100% correct.  Blaming this on Gase is just silly.

• Post of the Week 1

49 minutes ago, JiF said:

I think its safe to say the Johnson's could give 2 sh*ts about winning and/or the fan happiness.  They're printing money with this team.  They dont care, never have, never will. 

I think the saddest part is that they actually care but are way too inept. You’d have to hope that they’d eventually blind squirrel one if they remain owners of this sh*tfest.

59 minutes ago, TMAC said:

Chris Johnson should admit his mistake and get rid of Gase today.  No reason to wait.  Nothing more to see.  He owes it to Sam Darnold to give this kid a chance before he is completely destroyed.  If you love the Jets.  If you love football.  If you were truly a fan, Mr. Johnson, you would pull the trigger today.  Unfortunately, I don't think Chris Johnson is a fan.  I don't think he really cares about wins or losses.  And that's what's wrong with Chris Johnson.

After Christopher Johnson called Adam Gase a "brilliant offensive mind" I imagine he'd like to see what Gase can do with competent quarterback play. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I think the saddest part is that they actually care but are way too inept. You’d have to hope that they’d eventually blind squirrel one if they remain owners of this sh*tfest.

Inept would be a compliment, I rather just believe they dont care.

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

gasehate.jpg

Be careful, wouldn't want to ruin your counterfeit Tim Tebow jersey.  

SAR I

First off, those goobers were absolutely pathetic but they don’t hold a candle to you.  Watching you squirm to find a new schtick after Gase is fired because your whole existence is centered around trolling Internet forums is going to be worth all of the pathetic football he has put out on the field.

• Upvote 2

Well he's not going to admit he was wrong after firing the GM in a power move by Gase over a guy that actually hired him. Or at least we thought he did since Macc was the GM. It was a bizarre set of circumstances at the time. Chances are Woody is going to be back in Jan. I think his term is over not sure he would be extended even if Trump wins. Plus there has been a lot of controversy with him something you rarely get via an Ambassador. You assume if he comes back he will again be in charge of the Jets. I could see him firing Gase, he didn't hire him at least on paper. I mean look at the record and lack of competition so far this year. The team is getting killed every week. And the Qb has really regressed.  My biggest fear is he might bring back Rex. 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Inept would be a compliment, I rather just believe they dont care.

They treat the Jets like one of their other blind trusts.....sit back, and let it make them $ every year. This team has more than tripled in value in 20 years, why should they do anything differently? In their minds, their business plan is gold.

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Watching you squirm to find a new schtick after Gase is fired because you’re whole existence is centered around trolling Internet forums is going to be worth all of the pathetic football Gase has put on the field.

I especially liked his counterfeit Tebow jersey comment. Here's why. Anyone who buys an authentic ANYONE jersey is a fool. I have a closetful of ripoffs, pirates, and fakes. Modells Boys Large, $24.99, iron on decals, no stitching, no money flushed. Let's see now, I got me a Kerry Rhodes, Santana Moss, Thomas Jones, some other bum, I forget. I guess the moral of the story is that if anyone bought an authentic Tebow jersey - of all people -  they're probably gayer than Paul Lynde, Liberace, and Charles Nelson Reilly put together. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Agreed.

This fan base was all for the dumping of all our talent and signing back-ups to replace them.

Now, when we have the worst roster is the NFL,  which was obvious to anyone paying attention, it’s somehow the coaches fault?

This is the total rebuild everyone was calling for and claiming our GM a genius for doing it.

I don’t think Gase is doing anything to help the situation but you are 100% correct.  Blaming this on Gase is just silly.

There are very few teams, when in a rebuild, look like they don't belong in the NFL. Very few teams that are the consensus worst team in the NFL even though they are losing. Very few teams that are historic in the lack of points/points given up in the first 3 games. That is on coaching. We have a better O-line than last year and mostly the same D. They don't look prepared on either side of the ball. Once the skill players on O come back we will win a few games - but when will they come back? All these injuries the last two years are not just bad luck - some are on the coaches that need to make sure their players are fit to play. 

Let's see:

1.  He never played one live snap of organized tackle football at any level.

2.  Never "built" anything, trust funder, never did anything on his own, started out in the middle of the 3rd base line.  

3.  Not part of the NFL old guard, who generally have better access to help/support/executives/coaches.

Covid may work in our favor here.  Not selling tickets right now, who knows if we go back to 100% capacity next season.  Even with the NFL TV deal, may be possible that Chris/Woody aren't able to navigate the situation financially and be forced to sell.    

• Upvote 1