What is wrong with Christopher Johnson?

TMAC

23 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

First off, those goobers were absolutely pathetic but they don’t hold a candle to you.  Watching you squirm to find a new schtick after Gase is fired because your whole existence is centered around trolling Internet forums is going to be worth all of the pathetic football he has put out on the field.

I am expressing my honest feelings, always have.  If you find them unbelievable that's on you, not me.  There are millions of rational Jets fans out there.  Only a handful are gullible enough to believe what the media feeds them and refuse to listen to those who disagree.

SAR I

An NFL team is not like a ship that you can steer, even slowly, around obstacles.

Although the Johnsons have too much control, they are not running day to day decisions. I don’t have sympathy for their creating this situation, but I have sympathy for where they are now.  

And we must always follow the money.

My guess is that Gase is making $4m/year.  if the Johnsons fire him he gets almost 3x for doing nothing.   You don’t make that decision hastily. 

They saw the team turn around last year, although under weak circumstances.  They see the injured players who are not out for the season-they will be back, at least for awhile.  He really does not want to fire Gase early, although all of the evidence says he should.

If he fires Gase he has to pay more money to GW or JBC to Interim HC.   That is a big part of it.

The Johnsons and JD have to come to a man-to-man deal with Gase where Gase agrees to make real changes to preserve the value of the team and Gase agrees to leave with honor at the end of the season while allowing the Jets to start now in finding a replacement.  No more Loggains and better training.   Give GW some money to be quiet.  

It would make sense to find Gase’ replacement before the season ends and then bring in an executive HC type to replace him. Harbaugh.  Cowher.   If they wait until the end of the year they end up with Bienemy.  This is what McCarthy could have been.

Right the organization and then make it the place where a Lincoln Riley would want to come.  

Who cares about winning now.  They need to fix the Franchise. 

51 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Let's see:

1.  He never played one live snap of organized tackle football at any level.

2.  Never "built" anything, trust funder, never did anything on his own, started out in the middle of the 3rd base line.  

3.  Not part of the NFL old guard, who generally have better access to help/support/executives/coaches.

Covid may work in our favor here.  Not selling tickets right now, who knows if we go back to 100% capacity next season.  Even with the NFL TV deal, may be possible that Chris/Woody aren't able to navigate the situation financially and be forced to sell.    

That's a nice idea in theory, but Woody the Rube bought the Jets for $635 million and as of last tally the team is worth about $3.4 billion. Unfortunately, it's all about compound interest and licensed products on top of what revenue he makes in The New Dump that is then shared and split between the other NFL owners. There is absolutely no reason for the Johnsons to sell because even if the Jets never win another game and never sell out ever again, it is a cash cow even just sitting there doing nothing no matter how you slice it.

Needless to say, if one of the Johnson brothers kicks, the other one is not unloading. I'm just not feeling it; and they have kids who will inherit and probably take up the mantle, just like the toolbag Maras and the Rooneys. 

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Why?  Because he can't get XFL-caliber WR's to play like NFL stars?  Because he can't get his quarterback to stop making Pop Warner mistakes that should have been corrected when he was in high school?  Because John Idzik and Mike Maccagnan were talentless hacks?  Because Kelechi Osemele, Jamal Adams, and CJ Mosely are selfish?

Christopher Johnson is doing exactly what we've wanted the Jets to do for years-  get a GM and a HC in place who support each other and work together to build a winner the right way.  Through the draft, starting with the lines.

The downside to doing it the right way is that it's painful for the first few years.  So man up and deal with it.  Impatience is not part of the solution.  It's always been the problem.

SAR I

The “patience with a head coach during a tough rebuild” plan shouldn’t be a free pass for the head coach.  No one (including the owner and GM) has put a playoff mandate on Gase with this roster.  However, the absolute minimum that a head coach should be expected to provide under these circumstances is to hold the fort, keep the team together, and at least look competitive against teams with better talent.  Put another way, and paraphrasing Leon Hess, to show the rest of the league that we’re not a bunch of horses’ asses.  Gase is failing at this, miserably.

As Jets fans, we’ve seen all combinations of poor players / poor coaching over the years - enough to recognize when a team has a good game plan, and is playing with discipline and effort, but is just overmatched.  That’s not what we’re seeing now.

I haven’t been a knee-jerk “Fire Gase!!!!” guy.  If you look at my posting history, you’ll see that II was in the “jury’s still out” camp coming into the season and actually defended him a number of times.  The jury’s in now though, and the last 3 games have been embarrassing and unacceptable.  Time for Gase to go, and use the rest of the season to see if Sam is salvageable under different leadership.

35 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Can't really answer without getting political but let's just say I think they take away more from society than what they bring to a pretty extreme degree.  

So do most people.  

/shrug, no desire to get into Politics yet again here, so no worries, can let it drop. 

They're bad Owners who make bad decisions and run a bad structure, that is the only part that matters to me about these two men.