Sign in to follow this  
TuscanyTile2

Poll: Did the Jets Screw Up Darnold Or Was He Just No Good To Begin With?

Poll questions on Sam  

66 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Poll: Did the Jets screw up Sam Darnold or was he just no good to begin with?

• The Jets screwed up Sam
    • He wasn't that good to begin with
    • Not sure (injuries/bad coaching make it hard to say)
  2. 2. At this point, is Sam salvageable?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • I voted "He wasn't that good to begin with" so why are you asking me this question?!

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/2020 at 12:00 AM

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Sam was a raw inexperienced prospect that needed to be drafted by a team in a stable situation with structure, talent, leadership and someone that knows how to develop a QB.  He was brought into the exact opposite situation where he immediately needed to be the best player on the team for the Jets to have any success.  The almost deliberate neglect of building around Sam has been criminal but Sam is as soft as soft gets so it was a double doozy of wrong guy on the wrong team in the wrong situation. 

1. The real answer is both; he wasnt that good of a prospect and the Jets just simply being the Jets, failed him.

2. No.  He's as broken as broken gets.  After seeing the post game interview, he's has zero confidence and doubts his own merit of being on the field.  If it werent a short week, I'd bench him immediately.

I agree with this. 

I'll add one more point: no QB is ever a perfect prospect. All of them have to improve, the standard of NFL football is far above anything in college. Darnold hasn't improved in his 3 seasons here.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Fair but some prospects are clearly more mature, experienced and polished.  It’s almost like the Jets drafted Darnold, the youngest week 1 starter in NFL history and expected him to be a finished product ready to be the best player on the field.  

True. That's why the Jets are, where they are. 

One thing we can admit is that Darnold has shown maturity, at least off the field. Zero controversy. 

i have settled on thinking he'll be a good NFL QB, just not for the Jets. 

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company