Sign in to follow this  
TuscanyTile2

Poll: Did the Jets Screw Up Darnold Or Was He Just No Good To Begin With?

Poll questions on Sam  

66 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Poll: Did the Jets screw up Sam Darnold or was he just no good to begin with?

• The Jets screwed up Sam
    • He wasn't that good to begin with
    • Not sure (injuries/bad coaching make it hard to say)
  2. 2. At this point, is Sam salvageable?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • I voted "He wasn't that good to begin with" so why are you asking me this question?!

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/2020 at 12:00 AM

Sam Darnold was never that great or unique a prospect.

Those who coronated him (and still believe he's great just being held back) have confused faith for facts.

He's not as tall, strong or fast as Josh Allen. He's not as elusive or accurate as Lamar. His mechanics were terrible at usc and they are still awful. He had this big windup release.

There's nothing amazing about him as a prospect.

Except for his marketing, agents etc those people are top notch.

As a football player there's nothing to write home about, and there never really was.

• Post of the Week 1

Why is that a true statement? Because you believe it?

Josh Allen would have been a better pick. He would play better than Sam. And they didn't even have to trade up for him.

My opinion and yours are both hypothetical. But all things being equal, draft the better athlete. Sam is not that great an athlete. He's OK.

Except if you put Darnold on the Bills and Josh Allen here, we'd most likely be talking about how great the Bills have done building around Darnold and how good he looks - and we'd be saying how much of a bust Josh Allen looks like. Same with Lamar Jackson. 

Darnold may or may not be ultimately be the guy, but he was put in possibly the worst situation ever for a young QB. 

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company