37 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm somewhat concerned at how bad Fant looked the first 2 weeks and Douglas decided to give him money this offseason instead of just letting Edoga play RT.  It's very reminiscent of Kalil over Harrison.  For a guy that is supposed to be this great OL dude, not the best look.

Nobody and I mean nobody wanted Edoga starting this year. That some revisionist history bullsh*t. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just now, JiF said:

Fair but I didnt expect to downgrade the position either.  JD's job is to know more than us.  Edoga was on the roster on a 3rd RD rookie contract and he went a paid Fant who's early returns, suck.  Again, why not sign Beachum?  Many of us were asking for that to happen, even after signing Fant.

It's less about Edoga and more about the continued mismanagement of the roster. 

Fant has been fine at RT. I haven't even noticed him during the games which is a good thing for an offensive lineman.  And Edoga was awful last year, he was a turnstile. Fant was a severe upgrade to him based on last year's production. Edoga may have gotten better but that doesn't mean the position wasn't upgraded based on 2019.

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

it also means they didn't need to sign Fant at all 

You would've been content starting Edoga based off of last years tape?

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Exactly. It's a thread about if he will even make the team let alone start. That's how low Jets fans thought of him in the offseason. 

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

yes and said so in May 

not that he's a world beater just that he's better than Fant who isn't a RT 

btw Kelvin Beachum is starting RT in Arizona they could have done that too 

Beachum played RT as a rookie in Pittsburgh

You didn't say that. You said "For whatever reason Gase likes Edoga and keeps giving him chances."

At no point did you say you would be fine with Edoga starting

17 minutes ago, JiF said:

I've seen Fant get worked plenty already this season but whatevs, Edoga wasnt awful at RT, he was awful when they moved him to LT.  I'm not sure how you could call Fant a "severe" upgrade.  It's not like he had some crazy amount of experience and was a sure shot signing, they signed him with hope he could be a starter, something he wasnt in Seattle.  Meanwhile the team that let him walk and has the best offense in the NFL, is starting Jets case off, Brandon Shell at RT.

Which brings me to the greater point I was trying to make, it's not about splitting hairs between who's better, Edoga or Fant it's about how scary bad this roster has been handled.  Last season with the NY Jets, I witnessed quite possibly the worst OL I've ever seen. 3 of the 4 starters that this team let go because they were so bad, are now starting on the best offensive teams in the NFL, Beachum, Osemele and Shell.  Oh and guess who started 100% of the snaps for the Bills on Sunday, Brian Winters.  So now that's 4 for 4 on departed OL who are now starting on the best offensive teams in Football. 

Gase is pathetic, we know that but what's JD's excuse?  If he's an OL guru, why wasnt he able to see that all of these guys are capable of playing in high powered offenses but a total disaster here? 

I don't have time to teach you about schemes but the Jets are running a wide split zone scheme. Shell, Osemele and Winters are a better fit for man blocking scheme.  That is why they struggled here and are starting elsewhere in schemes the fit into. It's really not that hard to figure that out. Beachum isn't here bc they wanted to get younger on the offensive line. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company