Chuma Edoga

AFJF

Just now, choon328 said:

You would've been content starting Edoga based off of last years tape?

yes and said so in May 

not that he's a world beater just that he's better than Fant who isn't a RT 

btw Kelvin Beachum is starting RT in Arizona they could have done that too 

Beachum played RT as a rookie in Pittsburgh

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

yes and said so in May 

not that he's a world beater just that he's better than Fant who isn't a RT 

btw Kelvin Beachum is starting RT in Arizona they could have done that too 

Beachum played RT as a rookie in Pittsburgh

You didn't say that. You said "For whatever reason Gase likes Edoga and keeps giving him chances."

At no point did you say you would be fine with Edoga starting

Man, not sure I can buy that Fant has been bad argument.  I think he's been ok at worst.  

Today alone I've seen mutiple posts about McGovern, Van Roten and now Fant all being bad.  

So 60 percent of our line is bad, our LG is probably no better than any of those guys(except Van Roten maybe) but yet our line has played "ok" to date.  Something doesn't add up.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it also means they didn't need to sign Fant at all 

At the time, they did not know if any of the four big OTs would fall to them in the draft. They likewise did not know if Edoga would turn into anything of value, since he had not shown anything before.

The Fant signing gave the team flexibility.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You Re-WATCHED that Crap Fest? How the freak could you RE-WATCH that game?!?!?!? I wanted to QUIT on the game during the 1st quarter. 

I feel worse for X-Factor crew (Sabo,Nania) who have to analyze this garbage.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

You didn't say that. You said "For whatever reason Gase likes Edoga and keeps giving him chances."

At no point did you say you would be fine with Edoga starting

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

***Jets have worst-ranked OL in NFL in 2019***

2020:  "Hay, why didn't we start Beachum and Edoga???"

contra case the line wasn't as bad as Darnold made it look 

dude couldn't beat a blitz and really still can't make reads against live defenses 

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Totally forgot about Quinnen.  Can't believe he got 2 sacks the week before.

Bust.

Mauldin had 6. Sun shines on a dog's ass sometimes. I hope Quinnen is great. But watching him play, he is super lazy. If the ball goes away from him he doesn't pursue with much more than a trot. He doesn't fight to shed blocks. He has a bull technique and not much else. He doesn't try to split the seam on the rare instance he is doubled. Even when he gets a tackle, its almost like the back is going to his gap thinking he won't fall over on him. He doesn't show a high motor like Sheldon Richardson showed.. or Mike Devito.. or Sione Pouha.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, pointman said:

Mauldin had 6. Sun shines on a dog's ass sometimes. I hope Quinnen is great. But watching him play, he is super lazy. If the ball goes away from him he doesn't pursue with much more than a trot. He doesn't fight to shed blocks. He has a bull technique and not much else. He doesn't try to split the seam on the rare instance he is doubled. Even when he gets a tackle, its almost like the back is going to his gap thinking he won't fall over on him. He doesn't show a high motor like Sheldon Richardson showed.. or Mike Devito.. or Sione Pouha.

QW is all this and more. Was just totally ineffective, dominated and neutralized in NCAA Championship vs. Clemson. I wanted no part of this loser.  Of course Macc takes him. JD needs to junk this dude ASAP.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, choon328 said:

Fant has been fine at RT. I haven't even noticed him during the games which is a good thing for an offensive lineman.  And Edoga was awful last year, he was a turnstile. Fant was a severe upgrade to him based on last year's production. Edoga may have gotten better but that doesn't mean the position wasn't upgraded based on 2019.

I've seen Fant get worked plenty already this season but whatevs, Edoga wasnt awful at RT, he was awful when they moved him to LT.  I'm not sure how you could call Fant a "severe" upgrade.  It's not like he had some crazy amount of experience and was a sure shot signing, they signed him with hope he could be a starter, something he wasnt in Seattle.  Meanwhile the team that let him walk and has the best offense in the NFL, is starting Jets case off, Brandon Shell at RT.

Which brings me to the greater point I was trying to make, it's not about splitting hairs between who's better, Edoga or Fant it's about how scary bad this roster has been handled.  Last season with the NY Jets, I witnessed quite possibly the worst OL I've ever seen. 3 of the 4 starters that this team let go because they were so bad, are now starting on the best offensive teams in the NFL, Beachum, Osemele and Shell.  Oh and guess who started 100% of the snaps for the Bills on Sunday, Brian Winters.  So now that's 4 for 4 on departed OL who are now starting on the best offensive teams in Football. 

Gase is pathetic, we know that but what's JD's excuse?  If he's an OL guru, why wasnt he able to see that all of these guys are capable of playing in high powered offenses but a total disaster here? 

• Sympathy 2

15 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Man, not sure I can buy that Fant has been bad argument.  I think he's been ok at worst.  

Today alone I've seen mutiple posts about McGovern, Van Roten and now Fant all being bad.  

So 60 percent of our line is bad, our LG is probably no better than any of those guys(except Van Roten maybe) but yet our line has played "ok" to date.  Something doesn't add up.

“Everyone on the team is the worst player ever and every ex-Jet is going to the Hall of Fame” is a common refrain when Jets fans get up in their vapors.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, JiF said:

I've seen Fant get worked plenty already this season but whatevs, Edoga wasnt awful at RT, he was awful when they moved him to LT.  I'm not sure how you could call Fant a "severe" upgrade.  It's not like he had some crazy amount of experience and was a sure shot signing, they signed him with hope he could be a starter, something he wasnt in Seattle.  Meanwhile the team that let him walk and has the best offense in the NFL, is starting Jets case off, Brandon Shell at RT.

Which brings me to the greater point I was trying to make, it's not about splitting hairs between who's better, Edoga or Fant it's about how scary bad this roster has been handled.  Last season with the NY Jets, I witnessed quite possibly the worst OL I've ever seen. 3 of the 4 starters that this team let go because they were so bad, are now starting on the best offensive teams in the NFL, Beachum, Osemele and Shell.  Oh and guess who started 100% of the snaps for the Bills on Sunday, Brian Winters.  So now that's 4 for 4 on departed OL who are now starting on the best offensive teams in Football. 

Gase is pathetic, we know that but what's JD's excuse?  If he's an OL guru, why wasnt he able to see that all of these guys are capable of playing in high powered offenses but a total disaster here? 

I don't have time to teach you about schemes but the Jets are running a wide split zone scheme. Shell, Osemele and Winters are a better fit for man blocking scheme.  That is why they struggled here and are starting elsewhere in schemes the fit into. It's really not that hard to figure that out. Beachum isn't here bc they wanted to get younger on the offensive line. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Many of you may need to sit down before seeing this....

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/chuma-edoga/46232

872936332_ScreenShot2020-09-28at10_34_46PM.png.d1641fa537f4e29f4fee42d019200aa8.png

1339183793_ScreenShot2020-09-28at10_35_02PM.png.b862ab7ddac778be8a4cb205e0255c78.png

We know he is great athlete for his size . if he can reach his ceiling . We can save $20 mill letting Fant go .  But last year he started out strong and fizzled out after 3 games.  So im in wait and see mode with him

6 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

QW is all this and more. Was just totally ineffective, dominated and neutralized in NCAA Championship vs. Clemson. I wanted no part of this loser.  Of course Macc takes him. JD needs to junk this dude ASAP.

This is exactly why I didn't want him, you nailed it. A player taken at 3 in the draft should be a dominant force against all other college opponents. He was completely invisible in that game. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I don't have time to teach you about schemes but the Jets are running a wide split zone scheme. Shell, Osemele and Winters are a better fit for man blocking scheme.  That is why they struggled here and are starting elsewhere in schemes the fit into. It's really not that hard to figure that out. Beachum isn't here bc they wanted to get younger on the offensive line. 

Ah man, sounds like I'm missing out on an education, I had no idea that there were different blocking schemes and that players are only capable of doing 1 thing!

Daboll runs a verse scheme and combo of gap, power and wide zone. Winters

Andy Reid runs a zone blocking scheme. Osemele

Kingsburry runs a zone blocking scheme.  Beachum

The only example that rings true is Shell and hey guess what, we swapped RT's.

But yo, I get that you dont have time to educate me. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ah man, sounds like I'm missing out on an education, I had no idea that there were different blocking schemes and that players are only capable of doing 1 thing!

winters is playing like crap tho. 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

To be fair, Shell sucked, Osemele bitched out two years in a row, and Beachum was solid, but perpetually nicked up. Fant was signed months before we drafted Becton and was insurance in the event we didn’t draft OLT. As much as Darnold has been squeezing the football, he’s only been sacked six times. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

To be fair, Shell sucked, Osemele bitched out two years in a row, and Beachum was solid, but perpetually nicked up. Fant was signed months before we drafted Becton and was insurance in the event we didn’t draft OLT. As much as Darnold has been squeezing the football, he’s only been sacked six times. 

This is all fine and fair but it's just speaking to a bigger point and that point is scary because right now, it's like nobody knows wtf they're doing. 

54 minutes ago, JiF said:

If we re going to ask the above questions, then I think it would be fair to include some more information, not just "our bad OL are now on good offenses".

The offenses those player have joined have the #1 (Mahomes) and #2 (Russ)  QBs in the league, while the other 2 have mobile QBs in Allen and Murray.  On top of that, they play for Andy Reid, Carroll, Kingsbury and Daboll - all of whom could spend game week drinking in Vegas and put together a better offensive gameplay then Gase.

I can't blame JD for the fact that someone like Osmele is successful with the best offense in the league. Mike Remmers started at RG for the chiefs last night and they crushed the Ravens - that doesnt mean that Mike Remmers is suddenly a good player.

• Post of the Week 1

I said before the season started that I felt Chuma would beat out Fant. Now that they named Fant a team captain they won’t bench him, but if the team keeps plying this way, at some point they should start Edoga to see what they have. If he keeps playing well, Jets can part ways with Fant and reinvest that money into a skill position or Thuney.

As far as Quinnen, I’m not going to call him a bust because he didn’t have a monster game against Nelson, who is arguably the best guard in the league right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

OMG - did you just use an example of Winters getting beat by the best player in Football to show me he sucks?  lmfao

Come'on Scoop!  

I used to show what his entire day looked like . Just because it doesn't help ur argument doesn't mean it ain't true. You can literally type his name on twitter search see all the bills fans trashing him. He wasn't good for them in camp  and he wasn't good in his 1 start.  

• Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I used to show what his entire day looked like . Just because it doesn't help ur argument doesn't mean it ain't true. You can literally type his name on twitter search see all the bills fans trashing him. He wasn't good for them in the preseason and he wasn't good in his 1 start.  

That's fine, I'm not even calling Winters good.  What I'm saying is, he just played 100% of the snaps for one of the best offensive teams in Football and his team put up a ton of yards and 35 points.  Bills fans can scream all they want, the offense performed admirably with Winters in the game.