JD we needed an edge rusher you failed to get one

joewilly12

Clowney, Ngakoe were available. 

Revealing stat

The Jets had one quarterback hit in the game. If you give an NFL quarterback time, most of them will kill you. The Jets can’t blitz because they don’t trust their corners. They don’t have an edge rusher who consistently wins 1-on-1. It is a deadly mix.

28 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Revealing stat

The Jets had one quarterback hit in the game. If you give an NFL quarterback time, most of them will kill you. The Jets can’t blitz because they don’t trust their corners. They don’t have an edge rusher who consistently wins 1-on-1. It is a deadly mix.

So you wanted to trade draft capital for Ngakoe who we couldn’t sign to an extension until after the season when any team in the league could sign him (unless you want to tag him twice lol to start out contract negotiations)? No thanks. 

Clowney on this train wreck team? Who knows if he would have even come here. He’s trying to increase his overall value for next FA period- not really the best place to do it here.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Where were the 'fixes' to make this a good team in 2020?

Hint - there weren't any. All you could've done was make stopgap replacements to cobble together a 6 win team, who the hell wants to watch that?

This is correct!

Fans here want it both ways...Can't have it both ways.  

The reality is this...JD had no faith in Sam.  If he did he could have built a competent roster around him and looked for Sam to carry the team.  A good QB can make competent talent look good.   

But he didn't do that - he decided to burn the whole thing down.  Tells me Sam's not his guy and he did the right thing (If he honestly believed Sam wasn't his guy) Burn it, burn it all.  This isn't even a rebuild year, it's a tear down year.

We'll get out new QB next year and the rebuild will start.  

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

So you wanted to trade draft capital for Ngakoe who we couldn’t sign to an extension until after the season when any team in the league could sign him (unless you want to tag him twice lol to start out contract negotiations)? No thanks. 

Clowney on this train wreck team? Who knows if he would have even come here. He’s trying to increase his overall value for next FA period- not really the best place to do it here.

We have NONE ZERO ZIPPO NADA pass rush. Any QB will destroy any secondary without QB pressure on him. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

JD went shopping for new cars at a used car lot. The results are 0-3 and the worst team in the NFL. 

It's almost as if he knows Sam sucks and is putting himself into position to bring in the QB of his choosing next year.

It's almost as if he took this job with the specific plan to target Lawrence.

It's almost as if it may actually work!

Keep Quiet Genius At Work Keep Calm Genuis at Work | Etsy

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

I don’t disagree but giving up draft capital for Yanick who we couldn't extend and can leave this offseason makes zero sense. None, zero, nada...

You only make deals where players agree to signing long term deals this was talked about and is also in play if we were to trade for Ju-Ju before the trade deadline. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Revealing stat

We DID get an edge rusher, just not a name you recognize. One is injured, and the other (Huff) say his first snaps ever yesterday. He did not get to the QB but showed some good signs.

We DID however get a potentially ELITE LT which was CLEARLY a bigger need, but you want to whine that we did not spend big $ on a one year rental.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

We DID get an edge rusher, just not a name you recognize. One is injured, and the other (Huff) say his first snaps ever yesterday. He did not get to the QB but showed some good signs.

We DID however get a potentially ELITE LT which was CLEARLY a bigger need, but you want to whine that we did not spend big $ on a one year rental.

Really well we must have gotten the wrong one because we make every QB who faces us highlight reel . 

No whining we are 0-3 worst team in the NFL. 

FACT Jack

7 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This is correct!

Fans here want it both ways...Can't have it both ways.  

The reality is this...JD had no faith in Sam.  If he did he could have built a competent roster around him and looked for Sam to carry the team.  A good QB can make competent talent look good.   

But he didn't do that - he decided to burn the whole thing down.  Tells me Sam's not his guy and he did the right thing (If he honestly believed Sam wasn't his guy) Burn it, burn it all.  This isn't even a rebuild year, it's a tear down year.

We'll get out new QB next year and the rebuild will start.  

I find we are in agreement more lately than usual.

Most of our disagreement was on the importance the players we let walk and the quality of the players we brought in. Most of which was a non factor in my opinion.  I didn't think Conklin would a wise investment. I didn't think Robby was worth the dough and I couldn't stand Jamal. I liked the idea of throwing a bunch of one year deals at the wall and seeing who wants to earn a second deal.

All things being equal in hindsight I'd pay Robby 28 Mil over two years just to have the continuity and getter a better evaluation of Sam in the process. 

It's a tear down year and I'm fine with it. We all wanted Sam to be the guy but it's looking like he isn't. If you are going to tank do it right and get that #1 pick. Let the GM pick his coach and QB. Maybe begin to act like an actual competent NFL Franchise.

So many of our friends here have gone so negative you seem positive of late ??

Most of my Jets related fun is trading barbs here on JN. I'm in agreement with you and @bitonti on a lot I'm just not salty about it, the team can't hurt me anymore. I'll laugh at our trainwreck and smile if we ever find some success.

42 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I find we are in agreement more lately than usual.

Most of our disagreement was on the importance the players we let walk and the quality of the players we brought in. Most of which was a non factor in my opinion.  I didn't think Conklin would a wise investment. I didn't think Robby was worth the dough and I couldn't stand Jamal. I liked the idea of throwing a bunch of one year deals at the wall and seeing who wants to earn a second deal.

All things being equal in hindsight I'd pay Robby 28 Mil over two years just to have the continuity and getter a better evaluation of Sam in the process. 

It's a tear down year and I'm fine with it. We all wanted Sam to be the guy but it's looking like he isn't. If you are going to tank do it right and get that #1 pick. Let the GM pick his coach and QB. Maybe begin to act like an actual competent NFL Franchise.

So many of our friends here have gone so negative you seem positive of late ??

Most of my Jets related fun is trading barbs here on JN. I'm in agreement with you and @bitonti on a lot I'm just not salty about it, the team can't hurt me anymore. I'll laugh at our trainwreck and smile if we ever find some success.

Yes...

I'm simply not upset right now because this is about what I expected.  I had hoped to see more from Sam, but understanding the talent level it's not exactly shocking.   I am a bit apathetic which is sad though.

This off-season I wasn't so frustrated with the choices (I didn't agree with many of them and would rather have seen him try and compete) but I got it - saw a plan and I can live with a GM with a plan.  I was more frustrated with the people around here that thought JD was building a quality roster and calling him a genius.  People telling me Perriman was as good as Robby even though he had literally half his production (because, get this, he was on a better team) and that GVR and Fant were major upgrades. And that Adams wasn't really that good anyway and the team won't miss a beat without him.

Yes, next year you hire a coach on a 4 year deal (in-line with Douglas) and let them draft their QB, bring in a vet to take the lumps in year one of the rebuild....and by year two the new guy starts with a team ready to compete.  draft WR, OL, WR, OL...just build the offense.  Defense will figure it out.  You win in today's NFL by scoring points.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Revealing stat

Clowney: 7 tackles, ZERO sacks

Ngakoue: 7 tackles, 2 sacks.

not exactly prime Reggie White that was passed on.

8 hours ago, jgb said:

It's almost as if he knows Sam sucks and is putting himself into position to bring in the QB of his choosing next year.

It's almost as if he took this job with the specific plan to target Lawrence.

It's almost as if it may actually work!

Keep Quiet Genius At Work Keep Calm Genuis at Work | Etsy

Where are Zuniga, Hall, Clark, Mims? Have they been locked away and put in hiding? And Mosely, the leader of the defense, opts out. Then Davis, McGovern, Fant, Bell, Perriman, Crowder gets injured, Then Becton mysteriously is pulled out the game with a shoulder injury and we have yet to hear anything else about it. I smell a conspiracy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Ngakoue can't be resigned this year. We would've traded a high pick and he would've potentially walked in March. Actually, based on his reasoning for leaving JAX, he would've 100% walked after this disaster of a season.

Clowney is a mercenary who wants to win - not happening here this year.

Next offseason is a new year - we'll be strapped up with a bunch of high picks and money in free agency. I'm not totally sure that the pass rush spot is something that could've been improved drastically this year without wildly overpaying