Cowherd: Jets have reached out to agents about coaching candidates

Vudu

31 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Are there any legit HC candidates without jobs right now?

Or would they be reaching out to guys under contract with other teams,?  Seems very early to start that process, as you can't interview them until the regular season is over, at the earliest.

Yeah exactly, nobody is even remotely interested at this point....3 games into the season and anyone who’s worth a lick is concentrating on winning football matches and making a post season run, there may be some candidates on the radar but their ability and availability can only really be judged in December or January.

this just sounds like a blowhard with a show that relies on ratings and headlines dropping something without any basis just for sh!ts & giggles

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Denver is starting their 3rd strong quarterback. Thursday will be an impossible watch but it probably saves Gases job for at least a week.

If this game was in Denver it would be a blowout. But Denver is traveling east but so are we so that’s a wash. This should actually be a great matchup of futility. 

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

If stuff like this is true, and I don't know if it is or isn't, how do you let Adam Gase continue to walk around the building? Just get him out of there now. For his sake, and the teams. 

Same way they gutlessly let Todd Bowles hang after they knew they were canning him midseason. 

Agree with you on what should be done. These owners care more about optics than results.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

reaching out to agents now, but Gase gone after Thurs?  So interm coach, then  lining up a candidate for after the season?  Or are they going to actually try an outside hire now?  What's going on here?  Sounds like BS.

don't ******* matter

I don't care if they hire the coach of the Syosset Hermits.

just FIRE GASE NOW.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Barkus said:

JD needs to be the point man on this. Cj just needs to sign the check and shut up.

Once would have to hope the agents and coaching list being compiled if that is occurring would be provided to JD for him to have the main input to the HC to be hired since they have to work hand and hand regardless of the reporting structure. 

1 hour ago, DLJ said:

Cowherd just dropped some tea on his show- said Jets brass have reached out to agents about coaching candidates.

I know some of you hate him. I’m just the messenger.

For when?  Now?  They're going to fire Gase and hire a Head Coach mid season rather than just promote from within?  That seems strange, has this ever happened?   Arent you eliminating all the coordinator'/college candidates if you do it this way?  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I don't even trust JD finding us a head coach. 

He's made our roster worse not better by getting rid of Robby and Jamal. 

What great coach has JD ever signed? 

Lol

Crap GM after crap coach is all we are. 

Waaaaahhhhhhh

• Haha 1