Cowherd: Jets have reached out to agents about coaching candidates

Vudu

And Sam has no responsiblity in this with his play so far.  I let Flacco start after the Denver game if Sam cannot beat a 0-3 team.  I am not a Gase fan but Sam was horrible Sunday.

Don’t you think that’s pointless? Every snap is important for Sam. If anything, it would prove his mettle or it won’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

If this is remotely true you are ALREADY fired!
No way your boss is interviewing replacements like this and you stay.
If true, what it tells me is that the Jets had to win this past Sunday (or look competitive) and win on Thursday, and because of what happened yesterday the Thursday option is off the table.
So if true.......Gase is GONE! 

Remember, there were rumors he was talking to some coaches while Bowles was still employed. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

If this is remotely true you are ALREADY fired!

No way your boss is interviewing replacements like this and you stay.

If true, what it tells me is that the Jets had to win this past Sunday (or look competitive) and win on Thursday, and because of what happened yesterday the Thursday option is off the table.

So if true.......Gase is GONE! 

Agreed (assuming the story is true about the agents). Would be a pretty quick turnaround from brilliant to fired

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

So...let me get this straight.

Their plan is to hire a HC mid-season? That would be very Jetsy.

Otherwise there would be no reason to be contacting agents already.  

You contact an agent of College coaches to start gauging interest.  That way if you know there is mutual interest you can be ready to go right after the season. 

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

You contact an agent of College coaches to start gauging interest.  That way if you know there is mutual interest you can be ready to go right after the season. 

Yeah but we are currently wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy before the time that usually happens lol. 

I'd like to see JBC get a shot at Darnold. He has experience as a QB coach and offensive coordinator, and would use the rest of the season as an audition for 2021. If he progresses with Darnold and the team responds, you take off the interim tag. If he is a JAG, you go out and roll the dice with a young, hot shot college coach. No more retreads. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

53 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

How do you do that during the season? Isn’t that tampering?

They could be reaching out to agents and not specific coaches. 

They could be reaching out to agents of coaches that are not currently employed. 

The bigger question is whether any assistant NFL coach or college head coach would/could leave their team  mid-season? I don't recall a coordinator ever leaving their team mid-season.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

How do you do that during the season? Isn’t that tampering?

Not if you're targeting the worst head coaching candidates available, the ones on the couch or in junior college.  That's all that's going to be available if Christopher Johnson mistreats Adam Gase like that.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Not if you're targeting the worst head coaching candidates available, the ones on the couch or in junior college.  That's all that's going to be available if Christopher Johnson mistreats Adam Gase like that.

SAR I

Aren’t there a bunch of college coaches sitting home this year?

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

So...let me get this straight.

Their plan is to hire a HC mid-season? That would be very Jetsy.

Otherwise there would be no reason to be contacting agents already.  

Unless you were promoting Gregg Williams this weekend and there wasn’t already a clause in his contract to pay him for the interim tag

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Typically stupidity by the Johnsons. This decision should be made already, the outcome of one game shouldn’t impact it. He’s led los Yets to one of the worst offenses and a string of double-digit defeats that are unprecedented. 

Dont care about the excuses. He’s MacCagnans guy - should have never been hired.

They never learn. It’s astounding. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

He mentions a top agent for the next head coaching gig. Who could that be. I’m hoping Douglas has his eye on the next coach from his years in the league. It has to be his guy, not another arranged marriage.
Thursday we lose to Denver and the coaching search begins. Peyton Manning screwed the Jets twice. Staying in college after jr year and then with Gase

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app