Cowherd: Jets have reached out to agents about coaching candidates

Vudu

31 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Typically stupidity by the Johnsons. This decision should be made already, the outcome of one game shouldn’t impact it. He’s led los Yets to one of the worst offenses and a string of double-digit defeats that are unprecedented. 

Dont care about the excuses. He’s MacCagnans guy - should have never been hired.

Clown shoes organization 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

So...let me get this straight.

Their plan is to hire a HC mid-season? That would be very Jetsy.

Otherwise there would be no reason to be contacting agents already.  

Hopefully that's not what's happening.  It would be hard to believe that even the Jets would bring in a successor mid-season.   Promote GW, JBC or maybe Boyer (I don't really care).  Fire Gase-hole and his gopher Loggains.  Give Joe D a blank check and let him figure out our next HC in the offseason.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Typically stupidity by the Johnsons. This decision should be made already, the outcome of one game shouldn’t impact it. He’s led los Yets to one of the worst offenses and a string of double-digit defeats that are unprecedented. 

Dont care about the excuses. He’s MacCagnans guy - should have never been hired.

Thank you!

You don't make a generational decision on whether a poor HC wins one game or not!

Madness!

• Post of the Week 1

So here is the deal.  CJ waited too long to fire Big Mac, he does not want to make that mistake again.  He is waiting till The Jets get blown out on Thursday so he has enough cover for the fire.  

GW will be head coach, JBC OC.  See how the rest of the year goes before making any other decisions.  At that point JD better have a lot of say over what happens.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Hes already f*cking gone. You get that,  right?

He’s either the biggest f*cking idiot on this forum or he’s trolling.  I’ll let everyone else make their own decision on that, I already have my own opinion.

Be ready though, when Gase is fired, whether it’s Thursday or the end of the year, the schtick will be that Joe Douglas is “another failed rookie GM” and the Johnson’s need to act fast and fire him.

• Post of the Week 3

8 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

So here is the deal.  CJ waited too long to fire Big Mac, he does not want to make that mistake again.  He is waiting till The Jets get blown out on Thursday so he has enough cover for the fire.  

GW will be head coach, JBC OC.  See how the rest of the year goes before making any other decisions.  At that point JD better have a lot of say over what happens.  

Could see that making more sense but that wouldn't actually have with what Cowherd is reporting?

31 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you!

You don't make a generational decision on whether a poor HC wins one game or not!

Madness!

Eh, Gase figuring out a way to beat Denver only delays the inevitable. After the Denver game, there are probably like 6 straight losses on the schedule and they could easily not win another game. Gase will be extremely lucky to even make it out of the season. 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

@Jet_Engine1 you resigned as captain of JN and then the next day we find out Gase could be fired with a loss on Thursday.  Do you have a statement for us on whether or not the Jets have reached out to your agent about filling the potential coaching vacancy?

I can neither confirm nor deny any such rumors at this time.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

I heard from somebody who would know and you can’t make this chit up. Rex will be named interim HC on Saturday afternoon.  They are making back door calls on Brian Schottenheimer for 2021.  Ideal scenario, from their point of view, is to hire Schotty as HC and to run the O.  Rex will be DC, but will be given 100% say on the defense.  Only the Jets...

jack nicholson laughing GIF