Cowherd: Jets have reached out to agents about coaching candidates

Vudu

19 hours ago, jmat321 said:

I heard from somebody who would know and you can’t make this chit up. Rex will be named interim HC on Saturday afternoon.  They are making back door calls on Brian Schottenheimer for 2021.  Ideal scenario, from their point of view, is to hire Schotty as HC and to run the O.  Rex will be DC, but will be given 100% say on the defense.  Only the Jets...

What's next they're exhuming Weeb Ewbank body and taking Ted Williams head out of the freezer. Weeb will be head coach , Williams will just be a head on the sidelines. 

19 hours ago, jmat321 said:

I heard from somebody who would know and you can’t make this chit up. Rex will be named interim HC on Saturday afternoon.  They are making back door calls on Brian Schottenheimer for 2021.  Ideal scenario, from their point of view, is to hire Schotty as HC and to run the O.  Rex will be DC, but will be given 100% say on the defense.  Only the Jets...

This would be worse than the Kotite hire.  They would be even bigger clowns than they are now.

Has Pete Carroll called Johnson to vouch for Schitty?  Has Korn Ferry signed off on this plan?

Biggest disaster ever!

7 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think Harbaugh has the kind of intensity we need though.  Gase is afraid to look the camera in the eye during the post-game interviews.  And he also looked really bummed when asked something along the lines of if he's aware of the rumors that he's on the hot seat.  Harbaugh would be defiant to that type of stuff.  I think a guy like that could work here.

I agree.  Harbaugh is exactly what this franchise needs.  It would be a similar franchise transforming move to Hess hiring Bill Parcells in 1997

i just don’t think the Johnsons are smart enough to do it.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

1.  When did you see Harbaugh ripping into Smith or Kaep?

2.  Maybe he wont have to.  Maybe Harbaugh thinks more of him than you do.  

3.  Do you ever stop?

Harbaugh made Colin Kaepernick look amazing.  He knows the QB position inside and out.  I’ve also seen videos of him in practice and talking to players and he definitely has a more mellow side

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Harbaugh made Colin Kaepernick look amazing.  He knows the QB position inside and out.  I’ve also seen videos of him in practice and talking to players and he definitely has a more mellow side

I never remember him ripping his QB, it was a nonsense comment 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I up voted a pro Harbaugh thought above by accident. Has he done anything in Michigan?  He is on the hot seat for a reason in my opinion. Still running wham blocks and his teams time and again come up small when facing their arch rival. I think, and not a criticism of your post, just my feeling about Harbaugh seemingly to me never brought Michigan all the way back, and they have every resource. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, ageingjetfan said:

I up voted a pro Harbaugh thought above by accident. Has he done anything in Michigan?  He is on the hot seat for a reason in my opinion. Still running wham blocks and his teams time and again come up small when facing their arch rival. I think, and not a criticism of your post, just my feeling about Harbaugh seemingly to me never brought Michigan all the way back, and they have every resource. 

College is all about recruiting.  It requires a different skill set by coaches.  Maybe Harbaugh is running a clean program and if he is there’s no way he can compete with schools like Alabama and Ohio State who are paying their players

Michigan is also a tough academic school - way tougher than the other powerhouses

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

I don't get the Bieniemy love , he doesn't even call the plays in KC. 

I would have agreed with you before seeing Adam Gase calling plays as HC.

We need a good HEAD COACH. I'm tired of every one of our HCs only coaching one side of the ball.

8 hours ago, ageingjetfan said:

He's not a college coach. IMO, he doesn't have an optimal personality for college players. He's a very good NFL coach and I believe he will have success in the pros again if he ever returns.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

He's not a college coach. IMO, he doesn't have an optimal personality for college players. He's a very good NFL coach and I believe he will have success in the pros again if he ever returns.

He fixed Alex Smith when he came to San Francisco after the fine job he did at Stanford with Andrew Luck. Could he work that same magic with Sam Darnold? I don't think so, but I like him as a candidate as the next head coach of the Jets should Adam Gase get fired. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

He fixed Alex Smith when he came to San Francisco after the fine job he did at Stanford with Andrew Luck. Could he work that same magic with Sam Darnold? I don't think so, but I like him as a candidate as the next head coach of the Jets should Adam Gase get fired. 

I don't see Harbaugh being interested in coming here, tbh. 

The caveat would be if we actually somehow win the Lawrence sweepstakes - but we won't 

Jets offense:  32nd in yards, 32nd in points, 31st in passing, 28th in rushing

Jets defense: 17 yards given up, 28 points (offense pick 6's), 15th in passing, 24th in rushing.

Wiliams defense underachieving?  Yup, still a bit worse than mid pack.  Like last year the offense is the culprit, Gase brilliant mind.

(As an aside Baltimore is last in passing yards.)

https://youtu.be/GU9dtxLtqH8

The youtube link above outlines the beef Richard Sherman had with Jim Harbaugh.

It's worth a watch because it gives you a feel for the 'win at all costs' attitude of Harbaugh.

I do think we need a Harbaugh but could Joe Douglas co-exist with him?

I think the Jets org is too chicken sh*t to consider him...that aside

if the Jets were a top three pick in the draft, and they offer him a massive contract,

Harbaugh would have to consider it.

JimHarbaugh.thumb.jpg.94461d50d11dcead9ca76021bef0f909.jpg

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Jets defense: 17 yards given up, 28 points (offense pick 6's), 15th in passing, 24th in rushing.

Wiliams defense underachieving?  Yup, still a bit worse than mid pack.  Like last year the offense is the culprit, Gase brilliant mind.

You want to hear something scary; when you really break it down, the offense is considerably more talented than the defense.  Considerably. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I don't see Harbaugh being interested in coming here, tbh. 

The caveat would be if we actually somehow win the Lawrence sweepstakes - but we won't 

Offer Harbaugh the richest coaching contract ever by far, his pick of GM and a pledge that Dumb and Dumber never interfere in football decisions

that might get it done

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Offer Harbaugh the richest coaching contract ever by far, his pick of GM and a pledge that Dumb and Dumber never interfere in football decisions

that might get it done

Douglas isn't going anywhere and will likely be heavily involved in picking the next coach. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

The defense has looked flat first 3 games.  I don’t know if Williams just did an amazing job last year and he’s come back down to earth or what

the media is blaming the Adams trade but the roster is pretty much the same.  Williams has called well disguised blitz plays where his players were in a position to sack the QB they simply couldn’t wrap him up

36 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I'd say more talented when healthy for sure. 

Not sure about "considerably."

Yes, when healthy and I would still maintain it's considerably stronger on offense.   

The defense has 1 first rounder (2 if you include Ogletree now) and 2 second round picks in Maye and Quincy Wilson who has largely been a disappointment.  And literally there is nobody else even worthy mentioning. 

The offense has 3 first rounders (4 if you include Flacco now) and guys like Gore/Bell who are stars in the league and Crowder who could play anywhere and then you have the guys that havent quite shown it yet who apparently have potential; Mims, Herndon, Perine, etc. 

I mean, just compare the players on both side.  It's pretty clear that sadly, the offense has more talent. 

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

College is all about recruiting.  It requires a different skill set by coaches.  Maybe Harbaugh is running a clean program and if he is there’s no way he can compete with schools like Alabama and Ohio State who are paying their players

Michigan is also a tough academic school - way tougher than the other powerhouses

If you can’t recruit at Michigan that’s a problem.  
He shouldn’t even go near that excuse