The Jets are going to beat Denver

Jetsfan80

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Because this is exactly what this franchise does best, and has been doing since about 2005:  Win meaningless games just when you expect them to finally be headed for the # 1 pick.  

The Broncos may be favored, but Elway and co. know what the deal is.  The best thing for that franchise is to overtake the Jets (and several other teams, presumably) in the race for # 1.  

It also will ensure Adam Gase is the head coach until, at minimum, the Week 11 bye.

This is what  the Jets do.  You know it, I know it, we all know it:  A win is coming on Thursday night.  

FML.

Meh I don’t care when Gase gets fired. I just want to see the parts of the team that will be a part of future.

Is the OL improving?

Is Mims playing?

Can Zuniga, Bryce Hall and Ashtyn Davis jolt the defense? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Meh I don’t care when Gase gets fired. I just want to see the parts of the team that will be a part of future.

Is the OL improving?

Is Mims playing?

I'd like to see all of those things, and also finish with the # 1 pick.  

Becton's status will be an important factor in both how much we should care AND our chances at winning.  

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because this is exactly what this franchise does best, and has been doing since about 2005:  Win meaningless games just when you expect them to finally be headed for the # 1 pick.  

The Broncos may be favored, but Elway and co. know what the deal is.  The best thing for that franchise is to overtake the Jets (and several other teams, presumably) in the race for # 1.  

It also will ensure Adam Gase is the head coach until, at minimum, the Week 11 bye.

This is what  the Jets do.  You know it, I know it, we all know it:  A win is coming on Thursday night.  

FML.

FTS, I guarantee a win and that will guarantee a loss.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Nixhead said:

I don't see the Jets beating Denver. Denver comes to play. Jets don't. Gase has got rocks his head.Hope Denver clobbers us.

Maybe.  On short rest and flying in from Denver, it won't be as easy as a typical game for them to "come to play".  

Under more ordinary circumstances, yes, I think Denver could easily kick our a$$es.  It still might happen on Thursday, but this is the Jets we're talking about.  Just when it makes the most sense to lose, we win.  

I'm torn on this. Getting rid of Gase is a win, no matter when it happens but if he stays on board through the bye week there is no way this team doesn't implode on its way to 1-9 and beyond that. Getting rid of Gase could spark some life into the team, so who knows what happens if we do go 0-4 and dump Gase on Friday morning.

Any team without a win starting its third string (or 4th now that they signed Bortles) is a threat to go for Lawrence as well, but I have to think the talent on the Broncos is better than the Jets and that they are good for a handful of wins this year.  They have a true home field advantage as well, and still have to play the Raiders/Chargers 4x whom are known to lay an egg on occasion, as well as the Falcons, Panthers, and Dolphins.

Examining other teams tank stocks is after Week 3 is depressing lol

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

If CJ has his mind made up why wait. Win or Lose Gase should get fired Friday morning..

That's not how this works, sadly.  Not how any of this works.

CJ is clueless and absolutely does NOT have his mind made up.  He's waiting for the Thursday game to see which way the wind blows, and making his call based on that result.

In a perfect world, this is 100 % JD's call.  But it won't be, because Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

FML.

It's not gonna even be a close win. It won't be a 10-6 grind 'em out win.  No way Elway cuts it that close. Jets are gonna win by 2TDs, at least. 

And you watch, the Darnold love will be as strong as it ever was.

This is going to be a very fun season from a human psychology perspective.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And if the Broncos win I'm going to come back and say this thread was the reason why.  

The best part about a Jets win will to see yet another absolute 180 on Darnold.

I think Gase is cooked though with the fan base. Don't see him recovering.

• Upvote 1

I have not watched the Broncos Bucs game, only the highlights...some notably  gloriously, inept backup quarterback play... yes even noticeably worse than the Jets.

I can't see the Jets not winning.

Its going to be low scoring, ugly football with the Jets doing what they do, win a ball game versus other NFL bottom feeders.

Gase as Caesar appearing triumphantly at the postgame conference from doing battle in Metlife, not a bit worried about who's holding the knife standing right behind him.

On next Friday's New York sports radio circuit, Joe Douglas and Chris Johnson will stick their heads up from the Florham Park foxhole and talk of never doubting Adam Gase and carrying this one game momentum into the remainder of October filled with redemption.

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

FML.

Definitely the most winnable game this year. Steelers really ****ed us by injuring Lock, luckily Lock probably comes back after their bye week, and then they have the Falcons, Panthers, Chargers 2x, and Raiders 2x. So they can go on a run and win some games with Lock knocking them out of the top draft spot. They also have the Dolphins at home and Denver is known for having one of the best home field advantages courtesy of playing in Colorado, so I expect the Broncos to miss out on the #1 pick.

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

FML.

ordinarily i would be second this motion with bang on the table..

But have you seen these Jets? This is way worse than your average SOJ.... Jeudy is going to have his coming out party with Rypien 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

ordinarily i would be second this motion with bang on the table..

But have you seen these Jets? This is way worse than your average SOJ.... Jeudy is going to have his coming out party with Rypien 

Thank you, this machine depends on the contrarian views of Jets fans to function properly.  Your contribution is appreciated.

Come on guys, if you want the Jets to win you need to call for them to lose!!!  Your team needs you!

Large Fundraiser Goal Thermometer Matt self-adhesive Vinyl | Etsy

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Is the OL improving?

Is Mims playing?

Yes, and hopefully if we play badly Thursday but still somehow win that Gase still gets canned as it should be viewed that he is not the answer and must go.

• Upvote 1