KRL

jayrad01

Ive been looking forward to seeing his comments. Perhaps he feels there’s no need to write up the same old story.  Probably he is disgusted.  There were a number of areas and players where there was excitement to see potential and or growth. Almost all seems to be dashed at this point

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, jayrad01 said:

Has anyone checked on him. No game break downs or anything. Maybe it was just to much this time.

You don’t need KRL for this game. I’ll give you the details as I observed. 

The Good: We lost. First overall here we come.

The Bad: Our entire team and coaches plus the fair weather fans.

The Worse: Joe D still has 4 years left  

• Thumb Down 4

1 hour ago, jgb said:

You’re like the 3rd person to reference Jets fair weather fans this week. Explain to me how we can have any when we haven’t had fair weather for a decade?

I have to stand up for my fellow Jets fans here. We are loyal to the point of idiocy, resilient to the point of masochism, and intense to the point of insanity. Jets have no fair weather fans!

That’s a fact. Been a fan since Namath won the SB. I’ve come too far to turn back now. And yes I’m an idiot, a masochist, and insane.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

I get liking what Shanahan has done, but they were playing the Giants.  They lost their only game against a team that isn't in the running for #1 overall and that was before the injuries got really bad.  In 2018 when Garoppolo went down they went 4-12.  

I am not a big Gregg Williams fan, and I don't understand why people think Cooter will be so much better.  The guy is on this staff.  Is he saving his good plays for when he gets to take over play calling duties?  His input is helping to create this mess.  I guess the idea is that Loggains has no feel for the game.

3 hours ago, jgb said:

You’re like the 3rd person to reference Jets fair weather fans this week. Explain to me how we can have any when we haven’t had fair weather for a decade?

I have to stand up for my fellow Jets fans here. We are loyal to the point of idiocy, resilient to the point of masochism, and intense to the point of insanity. Jets have no fair weather fans!

took the words right out of my mouth.  The one thing Jets fans cannot be accused of is being "fair-weather" fans.  I think that perhaps the OP doesn't know the meaning of the adjective "fair-weather".

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

4 hours ago, jgb said:

26 minutes ago, Dcat said:

took the words right out of my mouth.  The one thing Jets fans cannot be accused of is being "fair-weather" fans.  I think that perhaps the OP doesn't know the meaning of the adjective "fair-weather".

I think SAR might have an acolyte.

6 hours ago, jgb said:

None of the ones remaining, anyways.  The only fairweather fans are the ones who are gone entirely, and will return the next time the Jets make the playoffs, in 2062.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, jgb said:

Those that either give up on the team or just simply start rooting for another. We had one such guy yesterday. I think his name is Nio. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

Jets fans are the most illogically and inexpicably loyal to this terrible franchise.  We are the farthest things from fair-weather fans that you can find on Earth.  A fair-weather fan abandons his team in bad times.  Jets fans stand by their team with unconditional loyalty (with tons of appropriate criticism launched at it).  

Every year, this board drops a few fans that quit altogether on the team as a fan. We had one the other day called Nio or Nico. The rest (probably 99% of them) are loyal Het fans like you n me that have gone through so much crap and still root for the team week in week out, pathetic or not. 

18 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Every year, this board drops a few fans that quit altogether on the team as a fan. We had one the other day called Nio or Nico. The rest (probably 99% of them) are loyal Het fans like you n me that have gone through so much crap and still root for the team week in week out, pathetic or not. 

Nico just wanted attention.  He's been viewing that farewell thread several times a day since he "quit".  He'll be back after Darnold's next "meh" game.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, KRL said:

Yes, I'm still around!!!  Apologies to @Maxman for not posting on Sunday but 
I had my fill of the stench of awful Jet football.  What made it worse was
watching the SF/NYG game and seeing a team with a bunch of rookies, #2's and
#3's put on an offensive show and create a ton of "chunk plays".  I know
Shanahan isn't leaving SF but if I were Douglas I would look hard at either
one of his offensive coordinators to replace Gase:

Mike LaFleur (Passing Coordinator) https://www.49ers.com/team/coaches-roster/mike-lafleur

Mike McDaniel (Run Coordinator) https://www.49ers.com/team/coaches-roster/mike-mcdaniel

I always harp on "establishing the run" to make passing easier and SF put on a clinic.
Motions, formations and jet sweeps with TE's and WR's made their running game flexible
and creative (what a concept!!!).  Which then made play action passing and RPO's simple
for Mullens (again what a concept!!!) as he played "pitch and catch" all over the field.
I'm done with Gase he and Loggains need to be fired after the DEN game no matter what
the outcome.  Going forward Williams should be elevated to HC, Dennard Wilson should be
elevated to DC and Jim Bob Cooter elevated to OC 

I agree with all of this, except I don't think we can promote Williams with a straight face. His unit has been awful. Dump Gase/Loggains/Williams and promote Jim Bob Cooter

2 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

Those that either give up on the team or just simply start rooting for another. We had one such guy yesterday. I think his name is Nio. 

How dare you sully the name nico? He's been following Jets for 25 years. He quit because he lost an internet debate. Not because the Jets suck (which they have for like 18 of the 25 years he's been a fan).

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, KRL said:

Yes, I'm still around!!!  Apologies to @Maxman for not posting on Sunday but 
I had my fill of the stench of awful Jet football.  What made it worse was
watching the SF/NYG game and seeing a team with a bunch of rookies, #2's and
#3's put on an offensive show and create a ton of "chunk plays".  I know
Shanahan isn't leaving SF but if I were Douglas I would look hard at either
one of his offensive coordinators to replace Gase:

Mike LaFleur (Passing Coordinator) https://www.49ers.com/team/coaches-roster/mike-lafleur

Mike McDaniel (Run Coordinator) https://www.49ers.com/team/coaches-roster/mike-mcdaniel

I always harp on "establishing the run" to make passing easier and SF put on a clinic.
Motions, formations and jet sweeps with TE's and WR's made their running game flexible
and creative (what a concept!!!).  Which then made play action passing and RPO's simple
for Mullens (again what a concept!!!) as he played "pitch and catch" all over the field.
I'm done with Gase he and Loggains need to be fired after the DEN game no matter what
the outcome.  Going forward Williams should be elevated to HC, Dennard Wilson should be
elevated to DC and Jim Bob Cooter elevated to OC 

Hey no worries. I have one constant rule with the site. That is it can't cause us any stress. Your breakdowns are amazing, but it is totally understandable that you had your fill on Sunday. The Jets cause us enough stress.

Thanks!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Totally agree
  • Sympathy 1