Tampa Bay has a QB on its practice squad

joewilly12

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Poaching Rosen off their PS would mean we'd have to put him on the active roster.

Just how many QB's would you like to carry on gameday?

Do you think Mike White,James Morgan,injured Joe Flacco are the answers here. 

David Fales, Luke Falk????????

Why not Rosen we always pick up players who never worked out anywhere. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Do you think Mike White,James Morgan,injured Joe Flacco are the answers here. 

David Fales, Luke Falk????????

Why not Rosen we always pick up players who never worked out anywhere. 

None of them are the answers.  I just have no desire to carry 4 QB's on the active roster if we can avoid it.  Rosen's presence would force us to do just that.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Why? 

Because then we could have not one but TWO failed QB's from the 2018 draft class!

And why stop there with that '18 class?  We should also look into adding Mason Rudolph, Kyle Lauletta, and bring back Luke Falk.  We've got Mike White already.  Let's make it a whole set!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Because then we could have not one but TWO failed QB's from the 2018 draft class!

And why stop there with that '18 class?  We should also look into adding Mason Rudolph, Kyle Lauletta, and bring back Luke Falk.  We've got Mike White already.  Let's make it a whole set!

Johnny Manziel GIF - JohnnyManziel GIFs

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

None of them are the answers.  I just have no desire to carry 4 QB's on the active roster if we can avoid it.  Rosen's presence would force us to do just that.

FWIW, we already carry 4 QBs on game day. Flacco and James Morgan were both inactive yesterday with Mike White the backup. We'd probably cut White and make Rosen the backup.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, jgb said:

Rosen was the easiest bust call in a long time. 

I bombed the 2018 draft class so badly and indeed most qb prospects of the past few years.  Had Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield as can’t miss prospects in that order.  On film they had almost perfect credentials.  The arms, the accuracy, the elite playmaking and Rosen and Mayfield were known to have high football iqs in the film room.
The only knock on Rosen was his attitude, which is why I had Sam as 1.

Meanwhile. Jackson, Allen and Mahomes all looked to me to be like what Haskins has become.  

1 minute ago, Hael said:

I bombed the 2018 draft class so badly and indeed most qb prospects of the past few years.  Had Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield as can’t miss prospects in that order.  On film they had almost perfect credentials.  The arms, the accuracy, the elite playmaking and Rosen and Mayfield were known to have high football iqs in the film room.
The only knock on Rosen was his attitude, which is why I had Sam as 1.

Meanwhile. Jackson, Allen and Mahomes all looked to me to be like what Haskins has become.  

I had Darnold, Baker, Allen, Lamar Jackson. My only "correct" call was to have Rosen as undraftable.

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Always improve your team.  Rosen is better than white or morgan or probably flacco.  I'd easily go after him.

If people are telling me the guys we have are better I simply disagree.

What evidence do we have, exactly, that Rosen is better than White, Morgan, or Flacco?

Rosen has a 3-13 career record as a QB, 55 % completions, a paltry 5.7 Yards per Attempt and a 12/19 TD:INT ratio.  He was dumped by 2 different teams in a 2 year period, and is no higher than the 4th string QB for his current team.

• Upvote 1