Early 2021 top 5 RBs

Paradis

11 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

The Michael Carter/ Javonte Williams debate is a good one.  I think I prefer Williams at this point, he’s a little bigger and looks nice and natural catching the ball.  Both guys seem like great fits for the outside zone running scheme.  

The other big question here.....how do the guys we currently have as OL project into that scheme, and who may be some realistic players either in the draft/FA that do the same?

6 minutes ago, section314 said:

The other big question here.....how do the guys we currently have as OL project into that scheme, and who may be some realistic players either in the draft/FA that do the same?

Pretty well actually. We acquired players last year that were supposed to be a part of a transition to a zone scheme. Also outside zone runs were Becton’s bread and butter in college. Shanahan offense will require dudes with active feet and Becton, McGovern should play well in it. In theory so should Fant but if we move on from him that’s probably a plus.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Pretty well actually. We acquired players last year that were supposed to be a part of a transition to a zone scheme. Also outside zone runs were Becton’s bread and butter in college. Shanahan offense will require dudes with active feet and Becton, McGovern should play well in it. In theory so should Fant but if we move on from him that’s probably a plus.

Good to hear. I wonder how Cam Clark might figure into this as well? Went back recently and read a few of the pre draft analysis' of him last year. Consensus was that he may not have the footwork to play OT at the next level, but it would not be an issue if he moved inside. Sounds like McGovern would stay at C then?

37 minutes ago, section314 said:

Good to hear. I wonder how Cam Clark might figure into this as well? Went back recently and read a few of the pre draft analysis' of him last year. Consensus was that he may not have the footwork to play OT at the next level, but it would not be an issue if he moved inside. Sounds like McGovern would stay at C then?

It all depends. I find it shocking that Clark couldn’t find the field last year. He had really fun tape and wasn’t a slug, especially for the guard position. 

McGovern should come back as the C. He was good down the stretch and he’s a nice fit for the system. Get someone good to his left and he’ll be solid. My bigger agenda is setting up to replace him next year with Tyler Linderbaum, the true apple of my eye. 

39 minutes ago, section314 said:

FWIW, Clark's testing numbers were pretty mediocre: https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/cameron-clark

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

It all depends. I find it shocking that Clark couldn’t find the field last year. He had really fun tape and wasn’t a slug, especially for the guard position. 

McGovern should come back as the C. He was good down the stretch and he’s a nice fit for the system. Get someone good to his left and he’ll be solid. My bigger agenda is setting up to replace him next year with Tyler Linderbaum, the true apple of my eye. 

The BC guy?

5 hours ago, kdels62 said:

I think Linderbaum came back to Iowa https://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/hawkeyes/iowa-football/iowas-tyler-linderbaum-says-hell-remain-in-college-football-20201231

• Upvote 1

On 1/31/2021 at 2:14 PM, PLO said:

Mmmm, probably need to put the building blocks in place first. We had a pro-bowl RB last season, running behind a fairly trash O-line. You can have a mediocre RB look awesome behind a great O line. 

agree.  Draft Sewell at 2

• Thumb Down 1