Early 2021 top 5 TEs

Paradis

You can never have enough tight ends. Never. 

No seriously. I'm not f*cking around. 12 personnel all day, rotate them in, and win. 

Top 5

1. Kyle Pitts (Florida)
  2. Jalen Wydermyer (TAMU)
  3. Pat Freiermuth (Penn St)
  4. Jeremy Ruckert (Ohio ST)
  5. Brevin Jordan (Miami)

That's a solid upper crust class

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

thank you. You never pass on a chance to try to take a shot at me. 

Regardless, his is a prediction of future state affairs come next april. Imagine that. 

lol - I'm busting balls.  I love Fields so, lets see if they develop some chemistry. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

lol - I'm busting balls.  I love Fields so, lets see if they develop some chemistry. 

You're right of course, the tape is limited at best - but already suggests (to me) he's a better receiver than Jordan, and has some Olsen/Goedert similarities in style. The arrow will be pointing up I'd wager. 

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You're right of course, the tape is limited at best - but already suggests (to me) he's a better receiver than Jordan, and has some Olsen/Goedert similarities in style. The arrow will be pointing up I'd wager. 

He was the #1 TE in the nation.  It's reasonable to assume in that offense (and I hear he's lining up at WR too) that he takes off this season.  

• Upvote 1

I LOVE Pitts and I’ve said it in several threads now but I feel like he’s going to go too high for the Jets to draft him. Had wanted a potential day two guy to fall in love with. Need to watch more but Wydermyer is the early favorite. They’ve got a chance to put together a heck of a draft class if they do this right.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, derp said:

I LOVE Pitts and I’ve said it in several threads now but I feel like he’s going to go too high for the Jets to draft him. Had wanted a potential day two guy to fall in love with. Need to watch more but Wydermyer is the early favorite. They’ve got a chance to put together a heck of a draft class if they do this right.

Is Wydermeyer draft eligible in 2021?  I thought he was in the 2019 recruiting class?  

5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Is Wydermeyer draft eligible in 2021?  I thought he was in the 2019 recruiting class?  

Was going off of Paradis’ list - but based off a quick search I couldn’t find out why it’s the case but he does look like an uncommon draft eligible true sophomore. Usually related to a prep year or something. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Paradis said:

I agree, he’s a Long Island kid and I wondered why he went to OSU in the first place.   They don’t exactly feature or use the TE very much as a receiver.   

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

I agree, he’s a Long Island kid and I wondered why he went to OSU in the first place.   They don’t exactly feature or use the TE very much as a receiver.   

I don't pretend to have any sort of grasp of recruiting and what that circuit looks like. Would like to have worked in that business though! That's how i got my start, talent management... anyway - Ruckert looks like a slam dunk. 

No idea why Wydermyer is draft eligible. I too, had to do a google to make sure i wasn't missing something, came up empty. He is indeed, a draft eligible true sophomore though  *shrugs*

On 9/30/2020 at 11:59 AM, Paradis said:

I don't pretend to have any sort of grasp of recruiting and what that circuit looks like. Would like to have worked in that business though! That's how i got my start, talent management... anyway - Ruckert looks like a slam dunk. 

No idea why Wydermyer is draft eligible. I too, had to do a google to make sure i wasn't missing something, came up empty. He is indeed, a draft eligible true sophomore though  *shrugs*

I started following the recruiting thing when my old roommate from Clemson became involved with it for Clemson.  He’s been able to get me access to the Nike Elite 11 camps and some decent access to the Clemson staff.   He’s been doing it for a while so he knows a ton of coaches from all different schools.   I just find it interesting watching some of these kids develop from Juniors in high school to the NFL.   

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I started following the recruiting thing when my old roommate from Clemson became involved with it for Clemson.  He’s been able to get me access to the Nike Elite 11 camps and some decent access to the Clemson staff.   He’s been doing it for a while so he knows a ton of coaches from all different schools.   I just find it interesting watching some of these kids develop from Juniors in high school to the NFL.   

God. Just trying to keep up with who's who in college is exhausting - can you imagine know what;s happening across the country in highschools? lol

On 10/1/2020 at 12:57 PM, sec101row23 said:

I work with recruiters all the time coaching and at the clinics.  It's wild what goes into alot of it. 

On 10/1/2020 at 1:51 PM, Paradis said:

God. Just trying to keep up with who's who in college is exhausting - can you imagine know what;s happening across the country in highschools? lol

It's actually a little easier in high school now, you have your scouts in the area's of the country that go here and there.  Thing about high school is, theres certain schools that get all the talent (they recruit) so you start there, then the smaller programs if youre good... there will be buzz.  Local papers and social media makes it easier than ever to find these guys. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I work with recruiters all the time coaching and at the clinics.  It's wild what goes into alot of it. 

No doubt.   It can get a little dirty and grimy though.   It’s all about relationships, some programs have better pipelines and connections.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I had a WR getting scouted last year by some D1 programs, an old friend of mine called me up to come recruit (he coaches OL for a D1 program).  Kid didnt even put up numbers really but local papers talk and he came to visit last year.  Kid ended up doing other things though. 

Agreed.  I’ve seen kids here in NJ being recruited by big time D1 programs who when you look at their HS stats you would never think they would be D1 material.  Happens all the time though.  I remember Noah Brown from Pope John here in NJ, went to Ohio State had a mediocre career but was drafted by Dallas.  Jarret Guarantano from Bergen Catholic, never had a stellar season there, went to Tennessee.   I saw a lot of those kids when they were coming up.  Even Josh Allen at Montclair, Kentucky was the only D1 program that offers him I think.   It’s crazy how one year can change the trajectory for some of these kids.  

• Upvote 2

On 9/28/2020 at 10:08 PM, Paradis said:

You can never have enough tight ends. Never. 

No seriously. I'm not f*cking around. 12 personnel all day, rotate them in, and win. 

Top 5

1. Kyle Pitts (Florida)
  2. Jalen Wydermyer (TAMU)
  3. Pat Freiermuth (Penn St)
  4. Jeremy Ruckert (Ohio ST)
  5. Brevin Jordan (Miami)

That's a solid upper crust class

Who is your :Loveheart: Austin Seferian-Jenkins :Loveheart: this time?

• 3 weeks later...