maury77

Gase & the injuries

Has anyone seen a real data analysis on the Gase injury tendency hypothesis across his Jets and Miami days? I would be very curious to understand if we just are primed to notice this based on the 'self as target' fallacy - i.e., you always over count your own experience. 

if its real statistically - I think the hypothesis above on goodwill is worth considering. All NFL players play injured every week and there could be something there on willingness to play hurt for a coach you dont believe in. 

Our current slug of injuries is just wild.

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

It’s getting leaked to the media the injuries are a cover that the players are quitting on Gase 

Where are you reading/hearing/seeing this?

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Wasn't there a story about Tannehill taking some kind of alternative stem cell treatment instead of surgery which caused him to miss most of two years instead of the one?

Then good for him. Tennessee is certainly reaping the benefit.

10 minutes ago, maury77 said:

FYI, scroll up and look at the links I posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right, so reading those articles, Gase's Miami teams dont appear to be outliers in the 2016-18 period, and more importantly, the Jets are flagged for simply being more forthright with injuries consistently than other teams. Which would run counter to the Osemele controversy last year. 

Its possible that if someone were to run the data across all these years and do a regression looking for whether Gase himself has an impact on missing players to injury they would find someone. The way this is cut by year, I dont necessarily see that other than last year being high. 

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

2019- Jets are 32nd

2018  - Miami ranked 22nd

2017 - Miami ranked 30th

2016 - Miami ranked 28th.

A quote, "Could Adam Gase be on a similar path in Miami after the Dolphins racked up more than 100 AGL for the second year in a row? It can't help that they have jettisoned away players such as Jay Ajayi, Jarvis Landry, Ndamukong Suh, Mike Pouncey, etc., in the last few months. "

You have to scroll down and look at the AGL results, you are only looking at the first graphs that pop up.

No, I saw those. I just dont find that data compelling as framed that way (or rather it doesnt tell you how different they are from the mean - for example, the year he was 22nd or 28th might be statistically closer to the mean than you'd expect). Put better, your data is enough to hypothesize there could be something there and in that regard is compelling, but its not conclusive because you can't tell from it whether the trend is statisically different from chance.  I bet if PFF or the Ringer or these people looked at this, there is a potentially really interesting story to be found in the numbers. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company